“Comfortable, Friendly Staff and Good Value” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard St Louis Downtown West

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Courtyard St Louis Downtown West
Ranked #57 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Comfortable, Friendly Staff and Good Value”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2012

This hotel is located within an easy drive of many things in St Louis, whether you are here on business or pleasure. Not much to walk to and you don't have any nice views. Parking is free, which is rare for a downtown location. Hotel lobby is clean and modern and staffed by very friendly folks. Rooms are comfortable but the furniture is starting to wear a bit. It was nice and quiet and I was able to get a good night's sleep while here!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

Very clean and updated lobby. Loved the food choices at the bistro. Room was comfortable and clean. The staff at this hotel was just wonderfu, from the front desk to the bistro and housekeeping. Besides getting great service, they were all very pleasant & friendly at all times. Also the location is only 2 blocks from the subway, if you don't want to drive downtown.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Pittsburg, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

Overall the hotel is up to Courtyard standards. It was unusually warm in St Louis, so maybe that is why my room smelled a little funny. I got a standard room and breakfast - $203. A little steep for this place

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Springfield, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2012 via mobile

Everything is up to standard here. I stay at a lot of Courtyards and this compares to the rest of the brand, but is generally above average. No free breakfast, but a large counter that serves as an abrieviated cafe, bar and convenience store. I was surprised by some reviews here, I spend 40 or so nights a year in similar hotels, and this one is exactly as I expected. Not super near to downtown, but a long walk/cheap cab, and unlike downtown spots, free parking. Definitely ask for a courtyard room.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank spiil
Pine Bush, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Very clean and updated lobby. The food they make smells delicious and the breakfasts were very good. It is a decent location at most a 2 mile distance to all major sights in St. Louis me and my wife walked everywhere. Affordable pricing and run of the mill rooms.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank James M
Mo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

The staff was helpful, with directions and places to go. However, most of the time when I went to the lobby no-one was at the front desk, and I had to wait a few minutes. Not sure if they had a system in place that could see a customer waiting, it just felt strange. I prefer a nice room vs a lobby because thats where I spend most of my time when I'm not out. The towels were so hard and old I started to go to Wal-mart to buy some. The room did not have a clean smell that I would expect from a Marriott hotel. The elevator was noisy, seem like some repairs are needed. I liked the GPS system in the lobby on the wall and the location is good. I was too scared to take a bath so I took a shower because you can tell that housekeeping just do the minimum. The worse experience was my towels had old blood stains on them. I would have rated this hotel higher if it wasn't for the towels, musty smelling room and housekeeping knocking on my door at 9 o'clock to clean the room. I would like to point out I met an employer who said he loves his job and that the employees and employer are good people to work for! I hope they do some updates to the rooms, get some new towels and I might give them another chance if I get a good rate.

I

Room Tip: Higher floor usually have a good view.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Tulsa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

We stayed there last night. The room was decent and the bed was comfortable. The elevator does make noise when it opens and closes. We were woken up around 430am when we saw a cockroach crawling on a wall by the bed. It was quite a huge roach. We got ready as soon as we could. I informed the front lady about the incident and requested a call from management. I haven't heard from them as of this evening. This is obviously disappointing considering that my wife and I love the Courtyard brand. If you are looking for a nice hotel downtown, there are plenty others that I will choose in the future.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family