“St Louis Courtyard/Baseball trip”

Courtyard St Louis Downtown West
Ranked #55 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
new york
“St Louis Courtyard/Baseball trip”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Good motel, great very helpful staff. Not really "downtown" but close enough without "downtown" prices. Rooms are comfortable and roomy. Need transportation to attend most of the St. louis attractions.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Ron W, Manager at Courtyard St Louis Downtown West, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Although our hotel is located on the outskirts of downtown we offer complimentary parking and two sports bars next door offer shuttle service to and from any sporting event in the downtown area. This is a great savings on parking for such events.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last week. It's close to the arch, the stadium, and the city museum. The staff was wonderful... Especially the overnight desk clerk. She was so sweet and helpful. The first room we were given smelled a little like mildew, and my daughter had trouble breathing - so we asked were a different room and were provided one right away. I had to ask for a roll away bed one night because the kids were picking on each other, and they arrived with one in less than 5 minutes. They allowed us to check out 2 hours late so my girls could get in a full nap before heading for home. The decor was very modern and clean. room was quiet - the pool and hot tub were great - food from The Bistro was good, and there were several places to eat within walking distance. The staff really made us feel welcome. I would stay here again.

Stayed August 2014
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard St Louis Downtown West, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback. I am sorry your daughter had an issue in the first room and we will be sure to thoroughly check that room. I will share this with our staff to show them how much impact they have with our guests. We strive to make everyone's stay an enjoyable one and I am glad they have succeeded.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 7 August 2014

With a few notable exceptions all in all is this nice remodeled 20 year old property. We had a King Suite on the top floor. We enjoyed having the extra space so my daughter could have privacy and the additional cost was modest for the suite. We noted that the suite had an adjoining room that could have made this 1 bedroom suite into a 2 bedroom. This was an option that was not evident to us on the book site.

The microwave and fridge were part of a nice five or six foot long granite surface that was handy for preparing food and drinks.

It took a while to find the thermostat in the bedroom and I noted that the hallway carpeting had lots of uncleaned spills. The coffee shop ran out of coffee and it took nearly 15 minutes for them to get a new supply brewed. The location is excellent. Easy on and off the Interstate.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a limited view of the Arch; you need to ask for a Eastern view if that is important...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that it took so long to replenish the coffee and I will share your feedback with our Bistro staff. We are glad that the room fit your needs and hope to see you again soon.
Lehigh Acres
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Easy check in, clean rooms, great location, close to the arch and downtown restaurants.
Great staff and very comfortable rooms.Lots of amenities, including inside pool and sauna,
food on site and gym.
Overall, a very pleasant and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard St Louis Downtown West, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope that you return soon.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I liked that parking was free and not valet. We were in and out with ease. Since it is west of the city, and the 2 colleges we were visiting were west of the hotel, it worked out well.

If you want to walk to downtown locations, this might not be best for your. But if you want to drive to locations, and not pay more to park, this is good.

I thought the room had a slight smell (can't pinpoint, but cross between mildew and musty), but my son didn't smell anything.

Room Tip: You may want to upgrade for $4.95 to faster wifi...we thought the free wifi was a bit slow.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ron W, General Manager at Courtyard St Louis Downtown West, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback and I hope you will continue to choose our hotel during your childrens education.
aclev
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Recently stayed here during our trip to St. Louis to attend 2 Cardinals games. Check in and out was very easy, no issues. The Bistro food was good as well as the service. Our room wasn't cleaned great after the first night but I didn't call down to complain. After being out all day, we just wanted to rest. I just called to get new towels as the towels that were put on our rack were really damp. Every other day the room was cleaned good. The location is great, just outside downtown. It took us about 15 minutes to walk to Busch Stadium. Would likely try to stay here again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for giving us your feedback. I will certainly speak with our housekeeping department regarding the inconsistency of your service. Please reach out to me the next time you are visiting and I will make sure your experience is a better one.
Danville, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I booked my room by phone and the young lady who helped me book a room was great. Initially, the hotel status was full because it was a busy weekend, but she worked and made other contacts to help me get a room. I'm so glad she did! Upon my arrival, the front desk staff were more than welcoming. The room I was assigned provided me one of the most beautiful views I've ever had. The room, itself, was clean and neat. I have nothing negative to say about this experience.

Room Tip: Third or fourth floors provide you with a great view!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to get one of our rooms with the great view. I will share this with our front desk staff to show them what a difference they can make.