“Not a trustworthy staff!!!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Forest Park

Holiday Inn Forest Park
Ranked #75 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
Powersite
“Not a trustworthy staff!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

We left our room last Sunday, April 6, to attend our grandson's baptism at St Ambrose (.6 miles away). While backing out of the parking lot - our 4 yr old granddaughter realized she didn't have her little purse that matched her dress ---- she had been playing with it just moments before in the room. Since we were running late, we went on and I immediately called the motel to have the retrieve the purse so we could come get it after the services. THEY NEVER FOUND IT!!!! Really. Very upset granddaughter and very sad that we cannot trust the hotel staff at a motel we planned to use frequently now that our family is moving into the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for room facing away from highway!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ashtobmom
TravisYoungGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry for your experience with your granddaughter and the missing wallet. I am getting with the staff to see what may have happened and who inspected the room. If you have a moment, could you email me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com so I can get a few more details?

I appreciate your time and hope we have a chance to earn your business back in the future. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a nice day today.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Clean. Spacious room. Easy highway access, free parking, ok rate, nothing great within walking distance - Forrest Park and Wash U are too far without a car. The
room was on the ground level with a locked connecting door to another room. So this was very noisy. The guests in the other room started talking at 7 am and were loud enough that sleep was not an option. Construction noise didn't help either.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sorry for the noise issue that you encountered during your stay. We do have some rooms that are connecting and many more that are not connecting rooms. If you are back in the area in the future, I would like a chance to earn your business back and get you in a quiet room.

If you are willing to give us another chance, could you email me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com? I appreciate your time as well as the kind words you had for other parts of the hotel and the location.

Take care.
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

The man at the desk was very helpful with directions and restaurants. Their restaurant had excellent breakfast. King bed was very comfortable. A woman, named Lawanda who was helping out at the location on April 1 helped me figure out how to copy something into email so I could then fax it. All friendly and helpful...clean hotel . Jeannette H.

Room Tip: We were on top floor away from noise
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel from your recent stay with us. I appreciate the kind words about the staff and the hotel. I will make sure that this gets passed along to the entire team. It really means a lot to us.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com. Thank you for your time and have a nice day today.
Rolla, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Found the staff friendly, the hotel restaurant served good food at a fair price. There is no in-door pool, no microwave or frig in the room and for the price I expected there to be more. Definitely a no frills hotel!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michelle F
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words about the staff and the restaurant food. I will make sure that this is passed along to them. I do apologize for your experience in the guest room. We do have several rooms that come with a microwave and refrigerator. We also have the option to renting them for your stay as well.

I do hope you give us another chance in the future. If you do or have anything else you would like to mention, please do not hesitate to contact me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com. Thank you for your time and have a nice day today.
Elkhart, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

Hotel is located within close driving distance to hospitals (5'+) and even downtown (10'+), right off I 44. Property has been refurbished. Rooms are of the new HI type, functional and clean. Bathroom are clean medium- to small size. Public areas clean. Work out room is small with dated equipment. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Bar is OK but has an excellent Manager (Bob) who makes everybody feel at home. Because it is close to the freeway, ask for a room not facing I44. The other ones are "noisy". It was a good value for the price paid.

Room Tip: room away from roads
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from your recent stay with us. I appreciate the kind words about the staff and the hotel. I am glad that you had such a great experience with our bartender as well. I will make sure that this gets passed along to him. The side of the building that faces the highway does have measures to help reduce noise depending on the guest needs.

Bloomington IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel is one of the more reasonably priced hotels in the Forest Park area that still offers clean, safe, comfortable rooms. The staff is friendly and well-trained. The rooms are basic Holiday Inn - - nothing special, but nothing bad. The hotel is old with all the limitations that you have when the past renovations made cosmetic changes, but the outlets and the plumbing remained what was there when it was built probably 40-50 years ago. The neighborhood is a little bit marginal. But you are very close to the Hill area for a wide choice of good Italian food. Unfortunately we were here during a snowstorm and adventure was not something we wanted. Fortunately the best surprise is still no surprise and this Holiday Inn lived up to what we expected.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nrstycz
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for a clean, quiet hotel room, this is the place to go. However, the location was not ideal. Although it was next to the freeway, it was not in the prettiest of areas. If you stay here, we recommend one of the delicious Italian restaurants nearby for dinner.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank TheBigMuffin
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear TheBigMuffin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the location of the hotel prevented you from fully enjoying your visit. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J