“Disappointing for a Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Forest Park
Ranked #77 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The first issue I had with this hotel was the booking. They included breakfast with my stay without telling me that it was a $6 adder (I got that cleared up when I checked in). They then asked if I would like a pool view room. "sure if it's not an adder." "Actually it's an extra $10/night." "No thank you." Turns out when I got there they put me in a pool view room without the up charge. Sucks for anyone who pays $10 extra to look as an empty pool.
The rest of this review is on the actual hotel & staff. The front desk was terribly understaffed so my two times through the line were not quick. The staff was very pleasant. They thanked me for being a gold member and recognized I was a business guest. The one "working" elevator did not arrive after 5 minutes so They they put me in a room next to a large group of teenagers. I turned around and asked for another room because I could tell immediately I wouldn't get an work done hearing them yelling through the thin walls and adjoining door. They kindly put me at the other end of the hall. Right next to another room full of kids the same age presumably on the same trip. They were on their way out so I dreaded the evening, but didn't want to drag my luggage back up & down the stairs so I decided to try it out. Then I walked into room where someone had been smoking. Beautiful! I decided to stick it out, but let them know what was going on. Again, the staff was very courteous, but could only offer a room in the middle of the high school block. No thanks.

Room Tip: Don't pay for the pool view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Patrick R
TravisYoungGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry for your experience with us. I will get with the team to go through your review more thoroughly to make sure this does not occur again. I am so sorry for your experience with us.

We do appreciate your loyalty and hope you will come back and give us a chance to earn your business back. If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com. Thank you for your time and I hope you have a nice day today.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Close to the attractions, right off the highway, clean and well kept rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a little noise from the highway, but nothing too bad. Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was terrific and complimentary with our vouchers. We have previously stayed at the Comfort Inn Central West End and the Holiday Inn was much cleaner and nicer. This will definitely be our first choice next time!

1  Thank maryo612
TravisYoungGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from your stay with us. We appreciate the kind words you had for the staff and the hotel. There are several rate plans that include the breakfast, it is quite hard to pass up, especially with family. I am glad you were able to take advantage of this.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com. Thank you so much for your time and have a great day today.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We left our room last Sunday, April 6, to attend our grandson's baptism at St Ambrose (.6 miles away). While backing out of the parking lot - our 4 yr old granddaughter realized she didn't have her little purse that matched her dress ---- she had been playing with it just moments before in the room. Since we were running late, we went on and I immediately called the motel to have the retrieve the purse so we could come get it after the services. THEY NEVER FOUND IT!!!! Really. Very upset granddaughter and very sad that we cannot trust the hotel staff at a motel we planned to use frequently now that our family is moving into the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for room facing away from highway!
1  Thank ashtobmom

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry for your experience with your granddaughter and the missing wallet. I am getting with the staff to see what may have happened and who inspected the room. If you have a moment, could you email me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com so I can get a few more details?

I appreciate your time and hope we have a chance to earn your business back in the future. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a nice day today.

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Clean. Spacious room. Easy highway access, free parking, ok rate, nothing great within walking distance - Forrest Park and Wash U are too far without a car. The
room was on the ground level with a locked connecting door to another room. So this was very noisy. The guests in the other room started talking at 7 am and were loud enough that sleep was not an option. Construction noise didn't help either.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am sorry for the noise issue that you encountered during your stay. We do have some rooms that are connecting and many more that are not connecting rooms. If you are back in the area in the future, I would like a chance to earn your business back and get you in a quiet room.

If you are willing to give us another chance, could you email me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com? I appreciate your time as well as the kind words you had for other parts of the hotel and the location.

Take care.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

The man at the desk was very helpful with directions and restaurants. Their restaurant had excellent breakfast. King bed was very comfortable. A woman, named Lawanda who was helping out at the location on April 1 helped me figure out how to copy something into email so I could then fax it. All friendly and helpful...clean hotel . Jeannette H.

Room Tip: We were on top floor away from noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel from your recent stay with us. I appreciate the kind words about the staff and the hotel. I will make sure that this gets passed along to the entire team. It really means a lot to us.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com. Thank you for your time and have a nice day today.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Found the staff friendly, the hotel restaurant served good food at a fair price. There is no in-door pool, no microwave or frig in the room and for the price I expected there to be more. Definitely a no frills hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michelle F

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words about the staff and the restaurant food. I will make sure that this is passed along to them. I do apologize for your experience in the guest room. We do have several rooms that come with a microwave and refrigerator. We also have the option to renting them for your stay as well.

I do hope you give us another chance in the future. If you do or have anything else you would like to mention, please do not hesitate to contact me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com. Thank you for your time and have a nice day today.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Hotel is located within close driving distance to hospitals (5'+) and even downtown (10'+), right off I 44. Property has been refurbished. Rooms are of the new HI type, functional and clean. Bathroom are clean medium- to small size. Public areas clean. Work out room is small with dated equipment. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Bar is OK but has an excellent Manager (Bob) who makes everybody feel at home. Because it is close to the freeway, ask for a room not facing I44. The other ones are "noisy". It was a good value for the price paid.

Room Tip: room away from roads
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from your recent stay with us. I appreciate the kind words about the staff and the hotel. I am glad that you had such a great experience with our bartender as well. I will make sure that this gets passed along to him. The side of the building that faces the highway does have measures to help reduce noise depending on the guest needs.