“Far exceeded my expectations!”

Holiday Inn Forest Park
Ranked #77 of 121 Hotels in Saint Louis
“Far exceeded my expectations!”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel is a bit dated, but the staff is VERY NICE, and the rooms are large and the beds comfortable. A lot of folks wrote bad stuff about this place but I found it to be a nice place. The staff is wonderful, and it is in a central location very near all St. Louis attractions.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
TravisYoungGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. Thank you so much for the kind words about the staff and the hotel. We have an incredibly hard working staff that does try and make everyone have a great experience at the hotel. It means a lot that and I will make sure that this is shared with the team.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com. Thank you for your time and have a nice day today.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 July 2014

for my stay in St. Louis - a spacious comfortable room included a nice HD-TV with a wide selection of channels, a decent-sized refrigerator, in-room coffee maker, iron/board and hi-speed internet that was actually capable of showing streaming video (without paying an additional fee).

The hotel itself provided plenty of free parking, coffee at the front desk, USA Today newspaper, a pool & a small gym. There is a also a sit-down restaurant on the premises. The location seemed very good; a city neighborhood not too far from the downtown area to the east nor from the airport towards the west.

Room Tip: One side faces the highway, the other doesn't, so ask for the non-highway side.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
TravisYoungGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from your experience with us. I appreciate the kind words about the hotel and the staff. I am glad that you were able to enjoy all the amenities all that the hotel has to offer. Between the fitness center to all the coffee you can drink to the free hi-speed internet, there is a lot to enjoy here. I appreciate the kind words.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This was our second stay at this property on our way through St. Louis. It's location between Forest Park and the Hill and near the botanical garden and I-44 is convenient. We don't pay much attention to the age or architecture of a hotel as long as it is well-maintained, clean and comfortable. This Holiday Inn was all three. WiFi is included and it's fast. We were most impressed with the manager and the diligence with which took care of our needs. He also greeted us as we came and went and even remembered who we were. Lemonade, coffee, water and cookies were available in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from your recent stay. I appreciate the kind words about the staff and the hotel. The staff does put in a lot of effort to make sure everyone is taken care of properly. I am glad you had such a great experience with us.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day today.
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed 7 July 2014

60s vintage architecture with a high rise room section connected to a one story entrance/restaurant/bar area. Results in a long hike (some uphill) to get from the hotel entrance to the elevators. (This same outdated design is repeated in modern Hilton Garden Inns, to the discomfort of guests with luggage.)

Room was average in condition, furnishings and cleanliness. A/C had difficulty keeping up with the afternoon sun on the north side for building. Only hotel I have even stayed in that has two pairs of ear plugs with the complementary shampoo. The hotel is directly adjacent to Interstate 44, which can be noisy. It is a long way from Forest Park.

On the plus side, it is on Wilson Avenue, a direct street into The Hill and all the famous eating Italian eating places. Have a map or GPS...many one way and disconnected streets. Wendy's (it is concealed by the Hardee's when viewing from the hotel) offers quick and cheap alternatives to the restaurant. They have some great salads!

We were locked in by a Priceline purchase (about $95 per day) and ended up staying six days. Otherwise, we would have moved to a different hotel, even at a substantial increase in price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
TravisYoungGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I apologize for your overall experience during your stay. The rooms facing the highway can sometimes affect the guest's sleep and have put the ear plugs in the rooms to assist with the guest sleep. We are just over a mile from Forest Park and many people do use us for the short drive or walk up Hampton to enjoy all the park has to offer.

I am sorry that we could not provide the experience you expect from IHG. If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please let me know at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com. Thank you for your time and have a great day today.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I stayed here last week and hope to not have to return.

It was 90 degree's outdoors and the room would not cool below 71 degrees; uncomfortable.

The door wouldn't stayed closed unless you turned the deadbolt, which is impossible if you leave the room.

The interior hallway was very hot and the carpeting is wrinkled and torn and the window coverings were hanging askew. Dirty is a good word.

The location is convenient right off highway 44, so if you're needing an inexpensive place to stay for a Cardinals game, this place could work. I noticed several clientele dressed in rolled up sweat pants and tank tops, which goes along with the overall theme of the hotel and that is, it's "common".

Don't be impressed with the name of the hotel having "Forest Park" in it because it means nothing; it's miles from Forest Park and is actually located in an extremely congested intersection in a low income enclave of South St. Louis City.

For fast food afficionados, there's a Hardees right next door and a Wendys within walking distance. For more upscale diners, there's a restaurant onsite or across the street is a Bartolino's restaurant; located in the Drury Inn.

Room Tip: In the summer, request a room which does not get any direct sun because it will be 82 degrees in you...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jilbere H
TravisYoungGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from your recent stay. I am sorry for your experience with us and this is not a typical stay with us. I will have our engineer check out both the room issues you mentioned. The a/c normally goes as low as 68 degrees so I will check with him to see what is going on. Both us and the Drury Inn across the street both have Forest Park incorporated in our name as we are one mile from Forest Park. I apologize if you felt as though this was deceiving. Our carpet is being replaced this summer in the hallways and agree that it is much needed. We are actually in an iconic part of St. Louis known as The Hill. We have 40-50 amazing Italian restaurants within a four mile radius of the hotel. I am sorry that you were not able to enjoy this as many of our guests rave about these restaurants. The good news is that all of our rooms face north and south so the sun never comes directly in the guest room.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I cna do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at tyoung@hiforestparkmo.com. I do appreciate your time and hope you give us a chance in the future. Take care.

Travellers are raving about these Saint Louis hotels

Muskegon
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My review is colored by an exceptionally terrifying event experienced by our family. We were awakened by a domestic dispute outside our room after midnight. The foul language and yelling was very disturbing and wasn't responded to in a very quick manner. Following the incident it was difficult to get back to sleep. Calming one of my children down wasn't easy. The room was clean and met our needs. When leaving no one was at the desk, so we weren't asked about our stay. We were prepared to complain, but had to make an appointment later in the day and couldn't wait around for staff to appear!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TravisYoungGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Forest Park, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from your resent stay with us. I am sorry for the issue you encountered with the guests next to you. We do have security on overnight and do take it seriously when we are contacted about any incident like this. I am sorry for your experience and sorry that you feel we were not more involved than we were.

If there is anything else you would like to mention or anything I can do for you in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at tyoung@Hiforestparkmo.com. Thank you for your time and have a nice day today.