“Great Stay Great Location”

Drury Inn St. Louis at Union Station
Ranked #6 of 123 Hotels in Saint Louis
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with my son while in town for a St Louis Blues playoff game. I booked a "Blues Package" that included a autographed Blues puck. Upon checking in I was told that offer had just expired even though the website did not have an expiration date and let me book it. The check in clerk just said "Sorry"
The next morning at Breakfast the general manager was speaking with guests. I talked to him about our disappointment with the package not being honored. He asked for my name and said he was going to look into. A few minutes later he returned and gave my son the autographed puck and apologized. He was very nice and professional.
The hotel has been built into a converted historic building. The hotel is very well done and very clean. The room was good size with a recliner, desk and chair, refrigerator and microwave, free wifi and hotel also offered free self parking. The bed was very comfortable.
The hotel offers free breakfast and evening drinks and food.
The hotel is within walking distance of the Blues home arena the Scottrade center.
We will be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Shortly after arriving in our room, we found the window to be leaking rain water. Not only did management offer to move us, he offered an upgrade to a suite and comped our first night! All during our stay I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The rooms at this hotel offer a complimentary hot breakfast which was very good as was the 5:50 "kickback" meal of hot foods which was plenty enough to make it our dinner. The bonus- 3 complimentary alcoholic beverages during the kickback hour (5:30-7). Both the king size bed and the pullout couch were comfortable. The only complaint I have is about the housekeeping. We were out all morning but the maid never came to clean our room. Also my daughter found a vial of deodorant between the bed and dresser that housekeeping obviously did not find from the previous occupants and you could see that the maids did not vacuum in the corners of the room. All in all, though, I would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel in March this year and found it to be a delightful place. The rooms were quite large and the bed really comfortable. We were surprised with a complmentary dinner when we arrived which included 3 drinks each and were even more surprised that we were also given a complmentary buffet breakfast. A comfortable and friendly hotel with easy acess to Union Station and several local bars. Very enjoyable ...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter G
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I have been staying in St. Louis since my husband is a patient at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. I stayed at a hotel very close to the hospital and even though I was getting a discount for Barnes, it was basically just a room. The hotel I had been staying at was booked throughout the weekend and I decided to call around, I stumbled upon the Drury by Union Station by chance and I am extremely glad I did. I got a room for myself at a great rate and had a delicious dinner from restaurant downstairs.

The atmosphere of the lobby is amazing! I was so intrigued by this historical building and was quite impressed! My room was clean and the bed was comfy. The room was smaller than some I've been in but I loved the room nonetheless. When I went back to see my husband in the hospital I told him several times how impressed I was with this hotel.

The staff was fantastic and helpful. The evening snacks and breakfast just added to the value of this hotel. I will be back!! In fact I will be staying there Sunday night!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel while in town visiting SLU. Overall a mixed bag for the stay. The good: Very comfortable bed...fantastic breakfast (including a bit of improv comedy from a manager making jokes about a recent pipe burst then referring to his dry humor)...good sized room...convenient location. The Bad: iron was covered in dust...found food and candy wrappers under cushions when opening pull out...room #400 was right by ice machine and elevator making it a noisy night...wifi was intermittent...around 8p in the lobby a large group of individuals gathered several tables and made a makeshift bar of sorts with a substantial amount of hard liquor and whisky bottles. The appeared to be using the free soft drinks as mixers. I am assuming they were guests but my children were afraid to go near the lobby as the group was very loud and cursing. Some really great stuff and some not so great stuff gets 3 stars.

Room Tip: Whatever you do...DO NOT stay in room #400
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn St. Louis at Union Station, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We appreciate hearing from our guests, as we use your comments to help improve our product and services. Our guests and their experiences are our number 1 priority. The pipe burst was an unfortunate incident, and we are happy we could provide a bit of humor. I have shared the information about your room with our housekeeping team to improve our quality. And I am truly sorry to hear that your children were not able to utilize our soft drinks in the evening. We want our guests to feel comfortable utilizing our public spaces, but not at the expense of others. Any time you have a concern during a stay at a Drury hotel, please let our management team know, so we can correct the situation right away. We want our guests to have a positive and memorable experience.

I hope your visit to SLU went well and look forward to hosting you again on future visits!

John O.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel from Sat, Mar 22 thru Wed, Mar 26 for a spring break getaway. In our group were two families of four (kids ages from 7-11 yrs). We booked reservations in advance through the hotel and received an ESaver rate which was great. Free garage parking, WiFi, full hot breakfast, popcorn/soda, and the 5:30 "Kickback" dinner was all fabulous (and FREE). The hotel staff was EXTREMELY nice, professional, and very helpful. Even the custodial & food staff was very friendly. Our rooms were clean. Knowing we had two double beds rather than queen beds, we knew that our rooms would probably be on the smaller side (and they were), but the added recliner in the room came in handy as did the hidden microwave and fridge. The bath area did not allow for a private dressing area, but was arranged in such a way to provide good storage space. Our room was easy to regulate the temp and the hotel staff was nice enough to fulfill our recommendation of adjoining rooms with our other family. The indoor pool/hot tub was nice and visited by our children on numerous occasions with much delight. The only negative we have would be the slowness of the elevator, but being on the 3rd floor allowed us easy access to everything via stairs, so that wasn't much of a problem....only when loading and unloading did we have to wait on the elevator. The noise level was low although the hotel was packed due to the NCAA basketball tournaments going on in town that same weekend. The location of the hotel was perfect for us who were out everyday going to points of interest such as the Arch, City Museum, The Science Center, etc. I recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a room which was interior and overlooked the pool. This was not in any way a problem; howeve...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My husband, two friends, and myself stayed here on Halloween weekend after going to a party. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. It's a good place to get a room for the night and you can usually get decent rates. I would stay there again anytime.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends