“Very Positive Experience”

Ranked #8 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Charlotte
“Very Positive Experience”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Staff are extremely friendly here. I objected to the stale cigar smell in my room and this was handled adroitly. The building is wondrous, though quite old. Lot's of families here for tourism or Cardinals games, as you are close to the Arch and numerous other touristy places. Happy hour and free food definitely helps. My only negative would be the slow wireless, but it's free compared to neighboring hotels that charge ten bucks a day or more. Definitely recommended!

Room Tip: There are smoking rooms. I wish there weren't.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Southern Illinois
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The room in this hotel was small but we weren't in the room that much. The free breakfast buffet was awesome...hot, tasty, fresh and plentiful. Don't know how they do it. We stayed there to go to a concert at the Scott Trade Center and we walked to and from the concert with little effort. Also close to Landry Seafood, Hard Rock Café and Union Station. We walked everywhere and didn't move our car until we left the next day. Nice people working there. Did not encounter one problem!! Awesome stay.

Room Tip: We asked for the 2nd floor and were next to the elevator yet no noise was heard to disrupt our sleep...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank homebody65
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here with a group for 5 nights. The room was fine. Beds comfortable, room cleaned promptly. Free computer in the business room. As mentioned by others free drinks and snacks every evening from 5:30 to 7. There is a metro stop very close but other than that no convenient Seven/Eleven type shop.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank abiah3290
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We blocked several rooms, plus booked various other types of rooms "off the block" for our son's out-of-town wedding. The level of service, the cleanliness of the rooms, the excellent breakfast and generous happy hour and everything else could not have been better. We rarely find beds that are this comfortable so that was an added bonus. The location was great and we all enjoyed the historic property. Drury Hotels continue to be our favorite and it was a hit with every one in our party who stayed there. Their rewards plan is most excellent too!

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking east or you may have a view of the parking garage. There are also some inter...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Drury Inn Union Station with my dad for a weekend trip to see a couple of ballgames at Busch Stadium. This was a fairly regular trip to see some games, and it was the second time we had stayed at this hotel. The first time was 2011, and during a couple of week nights while most schools were still in session, so it was not a peak time for travelers. That stay was just fine. This time, however, most schools were out, it was a weekend to boot, and the place was packed.

The hotel was booked for 2 separate wedding parties that same weekend & was at capacity. Even with the added crowd, the hotel always looked well kept & orderly. The lobby seemed to be packed most every time I went through, but the front desk workers were both attentive, friendly & quick to help move people through. I saw a couple times when front desk personel (and I apologize for not doing a better job of keeping track of names) were able to answer questions from multiple guests at the same time. My dad & I arrived at 11 AM on Saturday for a game that start at 1 PM. We were too early for check in, but were hoping to find a place to park there to avoid $20 fees charged near the park. The clerk confirmed our room and processed the deposit information. He said he would be unable to provide room keys at that time, but he was more than helpful in allowing us to park in the customer's ramp. Upon returning from the game a few hours later, a different clerk quickly access our info and provided our room keys. As we had been caught in a couple of torrential downpours during the game, we were very happy that we were quickly able to get to our room to put on dry clothes. My contact with staff members from other services was much the same as with the front desks. The employees were welcoming & considerate.

We had a standard king bed room with a fold out couch. The room was comfortable & clean. We were in a room immediately next to the 4th floor elevator & open stairwell, but we were not bothered at all by noise. The bathroom was a bit small, but adequate. The shower included a dispenser for shower gel, shampoo & conditioner. There were plenty of towels & spare bedding for the foldout. Even for being a foldout, it was a decent night sleep. I will occassionally get pretty bad kinks in my neck or lower back spasms if I have a disagreeable sleeping surface. I was a little concerned about the pullout, but my concerns were thankfully for nothing. One thing I feel I should note. The room overlooked the atrium above the indoor pool & had no outdoor view. There was noise from the pool area during posted pool times, but it did not bother us all that much.

The location can be viewed as both good & bad. I marked it as average. It is tucked away at the same time that it is very close to access to I-64/Hwy 40. It is a block from a Metrolink station & a mile walk from downtown. There is also the Union Station Center right across the street. But it still feels a little like it is on an island. There is a bistro in the basement of the hotel & a bar a block up on the corner, but that's about it. (I didn't stop in at Lombardo's this trip. But I did on my first trip for an app & a couple drinks. It's worth a try.) There isn't much foot traffic around there. A walk down Clark Street from Busch Stadium to the hotel takes about 15-20 minutes tops & is mostly downhill. However, Clark Street is populated with what seems to be nothing but government buildings. On the weekends after games, that particular part of the street sees very little activity. You can feel pretty isolated there. If you are walking between downtown & this hotel, you may want to stay 1 block north on Market. The volume of both foot & road traffic is higher, so you won't feel like the last man on Earth.

The price itself was reasonable, and what you got in return as compared to the price from other hotels within the area was a lot more. This price includes covered, secured parking. There is an open air lot next door that charged $2 an hour with a 12 hour limit. Just being able to park in a shaded spot at no additional cost is a perk enough by itself on a St Louis summer day.

This most recent stay was booked on fairly short notice and was just my dad & I. I have other siblings with families who have shown interest in making an annual trip to St Louis for Cardinals games. This year the normal timeframe for the trip just happened to be a pretty hectic time for most of our family. It was only a week before that my dad had a commitment fall through that allowed him to make it. For future trips, even when time allows for more planning & more people to factor in, the Drury at Union Station will still be at the top of our list of places to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Casey M
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I loved my stay here. The room and the hotel overall was excellent on its cleanliness. They serve breakfast and dinner. Breakfast includes sausage,eggs,waffles,and my favorite was oatmeal and cereal. Dinner was hot as we'll with baked potatoes and all the trimmings. Just lovely.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Mswania
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Interesting building in downtown St. Louis. Comfortable beds, clean room, friendly staff. Close to Arch, convention center, Busch Stadium, and Edward Jones Dome. Easy excess to all highways. More fun then a suburban hotel with none of the architecture or scenery.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends