Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Convention Center
Ranked #10 of 120 Hotels in Saint Louis
Haifa
“All good”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed one night on a business trip. Arrived early and the room was not ready but the lady at front desk made the effort and found a solution to accommodate me. The room (suite) was large with a separate bedroom, clean and nice. Hot breakfast and a happy hour with food and drink. Can't ask for more

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
schenectady
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The most wonderful day in St. Louis ever!!! This place rocks. you get free parking and a room that is great with a welcome time in the area of the 5th floor. They got me in right away at 12:45 which was great since I was traveling from NY state and forgot about the 1 hour time advantage when you come into Ill. The room was very clean and very quiet so far even though there are several events going on today a marathon, dance contest, robotics contest, Major league baseball, prom night . This is the best place to stay in St. Louis as far as I am concerned!!! I do have a suite with a separate living area and bedroom to make sure I have a quiet night. Make sure you book well in advance just incase there is a baseball game going on. I booked in august for april!! love the room and love the city. also if you want a quiet room, ask for one that is not by the pool area.

Room Tip: choose a room away from the pool area and it will be quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just recently, I and my wife celebrated our first anniversary at the Drury Inn (Downtown St. Louis – Convention Center). When we arrived, everything was perfect. The staff greeted us with bright smiles, they were very friendly, and there was even a complementary bottle of champagne already in the room. Although our anniversary fell on Easter Sunday (April 20th), we decided to check in on Saturday and check out Monday morning. However, our visit changed for the worst… After our first night, I left to go to work. When I returned, my wife was extremely upset. Unfortunately, the guest room attendant that serviced our room had done a very poor job at cleaning up. In fact, my wife told the staff specifically what to do in our room. Instead, the employee only made the bed. My wife said when she returned to the room, there was still trash in the room, the carpet was not vacuumed, the tub was dirty, dirty towels remained on the floor…it was terrible. Subsequently, my wife spoke with a manager and was told that the guest room attendant was inexperienced, and she barely spoke English (How is that our fault?). She also told us that the rooms are not always inspected by an inspector. As a result, me and my wife were certainly displeased, we received a refund and checked out. We would like to thank the staff at the Drury Inn for ruining our first anniversary.

Room Tip: Please do not go here for your anniversary.
Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joseph C
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Convention Center, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. The room attendant who serviced your room is experienced and trained, however English is not her first language, therefore she may not have understood the details of the instructions that your wife gave when she came to the room. While this is certainly not your fault, we did offer twice to send someone up once it was brought to our attention that you were not satisfied with the way your room was cleaned, but you did not allow us to send anyone up to make the situation right.

We do clean stayover rooms differently than check out rooms, and only trash that is in trash cans is disposed of; this is to ensure we do not throw away something of value to you. Since you were not happy with the services, and you did not want us to correct any concerns you had, we allowed you to check out of the hotel at 6:00pm with no charge and a refund. We felt we did everything we could to make this anniversary special for you, including a free King Suite upgrade and complimentary bottle of champagne. I sincerely apologize that the stay was a disappointment.

With Regards,
Autumn S.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were treated so well the last time, we decided to stay here again for several nights. Everything went as planned and we were very pleased with our room and the hotel service.
Looking forward to our visit next March.

Room Tip: We were on the 5th floor, same as where they served breakfast and dinner drinks.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 5 nights. This is a clean, safe and comfortable hotel. They have a great hot breakfast and a hot evening meal. Free parking and WIFI. The staff is kind ,caring and accommodating. Comfy beds , hot showers with the best water pressure I've ever seen at a hotel. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Lansing, Kansas
Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was very pleased with this Drury Inn for the most part. My family and I typically stay in a drury inn because of the cleanliness of the hotel, breakfast and kick back after 5:00 pm The front desk staff were very pleasant. I appreciate the free drinks as well. The hotel was centrally located which was a plus!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Kansas City
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Stayed for 3 nights at weekend volleyball tournament and very pleased with our accommodations and service. Looks like they may have had a recent renovation as everything was fresh and in nice condition in rooms, lobby and hallways. Rooms on 5 & 6 floors. Queen beds were comfortable and nice furnishings, great housekeeping in the rooms, lots of outlets for charging electronics! :-) Great buffet breakfast. FREE parking in garage (floors 3 & 4). 5 min walk to convention center entrance. We were able to partake in Happy Hour one night and it was highly attended. Simple foods were served like mac & cheese, baked potatoes, chili, hotdogs, salad. I heard other nights had chicken fingers, etc. Small pool and hot tub. Nice chairs and couches to relax too! All in open area to 5th & 6th floors. Short walk to restaurants, Starbucks (Renaissance Hotel), movie theatre, grocery, beautiful City Garden, and also walkable to Busch Stadium and the Gateway Arch.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family