We booked 3 nights for our anniversary weekend, and our stay's been great. The staff is friendly, though we haven't had any special requests or anything.
A little info: the hotel has a ground floor, and then elevators (activated by your key card) which take you up to your room (all of which are located on either the 5th and 6th floor) or to the parking garage. We're on the 5th floor, where the pool, food area and exercise room are located. These things are located in the center of the floor, with two floors of rooms facing the center, and then a hallway that goes around the perimeter where the rest of the rooms are located. The pool and hot tub aren't huge, and the exercise room only has four cardio machines, but we never saw any of them packed (plenty of kids, but looked like there was room enough for everyone).
We lucked out and got a corner room in the outside ring - fairly quiet, and the room itself is very nice. There's a main room with a chair, couch and foot rest, as well as a desk and chair. There's a television, with several drawers, a microwave and a minifridge located underneath.
The bathroom has a lot of counter space, and good pressure in the shower. The bedroom also had a television and dresser, along with a closet and even its own sink!
Major benefits include the free food - a huge breakfast bar that includes eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, cereal, oatmeal, fruit... you name it, it's there and it's free. They also offer a free drink and hot snacks between 530 and 7 - when we stopped by it was hot dogs, several types of chips, veggies, chili, baked potatoes and mac and cheese. So basically, if you stay here you're looking at a free breakfast, a free dinner, and free drinks. The other major benefit is the free parking - it's a closed lot that's not open to the street, so no worries there.
Haven't eaten at the restaurant downstairs, but the prices seem pretty good - especially for a hotel restaurant.
We picked this hotel because of the great reviews, the central location to downtown and the metro (just a few blocks over - and no, you can't hear anything... its all underground), and the free parking. Definitely been the best stay we've ever had in a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotels carefully renovated the Union Market building in 1990, adding two additional stories for guest rooms. Built in 1925, original features were preserved in the hotel lobby and mezzanine meeting level. Only blocks from the Convention Center, the Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Convention Center is walkable from downtown attractions and Washington Avenue entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Hotel Saint Louis
- Drury Inn And Suites St. Louis Convention Center
- Drury Inn Saint Louis
- Drury Inn Hotel
- Drury Saint Louis
- Saint Louis Drury