“Filthy dirty”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Saint Peters
Fairbanks, Alaska
“Filthy dirty”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The room was filthy when we checked in. The bed was made, but the sheets were dirty. We found red hairs in both bed sheets, on the pillows, in the sink and in the bath tub. We found coffee stains in the drawers by the bed side and coffee dried up spills on the kitchen sink. There was old and smelly pizza or something caked on in the microwave. I used chlorox wipes on everything so that we could stay one night. We had been flying for 24 hours and it was late. I did not have the energy to check out. When the hotel staff did not have time to bring us new sheets, after waiting for 2 hours, we asked someone we knew, who lived nearby, to bring us clean sheets. We put these on the beds in our rooms ourselves. The coffee maker was old and completely rusted. I was afraid to even try to use it. The clock on the bedside stand did not work at all. The bulbs in the lights were dead.

Room Tip: Do not chose a room in this hotel. The staff if friendly, but completely overworked.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Head0fFamily
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - St. Peters, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed to read that your room was unclean upon arrival and that items in your room were in need of repair. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I have brought your comments to our housekeeping staff's attention, and we are working to deep clean your room as well as enhance our cleaning procedures overall moving forward. Also, our maintenance staff is working to repair items as needed to ensure they are in better condition for our guests to use in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ssp@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Belleville, Illinois
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I would rate this hotel a zero. The worst hotel I have ever stayed in. As soon as I walked in the door there was a distinct odor of mildew that smacks you in the face. The room was dirty. I pulled back the comforter and found a bug between the blanket and comforter. There were flying gnats in the room. The rug was ripped. The counters were dirty and appeared to have dried on food. The room smelled of dog crap and smoke (suppose to be a non-smoking room). The receptionist was nice and had the room sprayed, but by the time I came back that evening to the room the dog crap smell was present. I ordered a non-smoking room in hopes that I would not have a room with an odor due to my allergies. I was wrong! The sheets were not changed and dirty. I could not sleep at all due to the flying gnats and afraid of more bugs being in the bed and wound up sitting in the wooden chair all night.The cloth covered chair smelled of dog and smoke. I was not offered another room when this was immediately reported to the front desk. I was not offered a refund so I could go stay at another hotel. I was going to sleep in my car, but was afraid of the unknown neighborhood and it was safer to stay inside. It was a deplorable experience. I am sorry I have to write a horrible review. This is the first time I have ever had to write a bad review for a hotel. Due to this experience, I will never stay at another extended stay or recommend it to any of my friends. I am required to at least click on one rate circle so I am clicking only one, however, my rating would be zero.

Room Tip: My tip: don't stay here. Sorry, I accidently clicked a button for a restaurant. They don't...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dixie H
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - St. Peters, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The room you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team is notifying management of any nonsmoking rooms that smell like smoke. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at ssp@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Travellers are raving about these Saint Peters hotels

Patterson, Missouri
Reviewed 19 August 2013

They have Handicap Parking right by the front door(where it should be)! Walked in to a Clean and Fresh Smelling Lobby. Very Pleasant Manager Brandy was manning the front desk and made checking-in a breeze. He made sure we had a great room and we were off and up the elevator. We reserved a smoking King and that is what we got. I've seen other reviews of the third floor being permeated by a smoke smell..... well it IS the smoking rooms floor. Of course it is going to smell like smoke. But it wasn't overwhelming to us, although I can see where a non-smoker would/could be offended by the smell of smoke. Walked into our room and were taken aback at how nice it was for the rate that we were paying. The bed and pillows were perfect for cuddly sleep, a full size fridge, stove-top burners and a micro-wave and even a sink and dish rack AND Full ice trays in the freezer!! We were out that evening and had asked for towels/washcloths for the room ( there was only one in the bathroom ) and when we got back, the front desk clerk brought fresh from the laundry towels right to our room! Very Quiet except for doors being opened and shut in the hall, but after 10 that all slowed down.
In the morning our little coffee pot overflowed/leaked? and we called down to the front desk to ask for another, but then called right to say oops ~ User error! Manager Brandy wanted to make sure we had enough coffee before I hung up~ and we did!
Check out was easier than check-in!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - St. Peters, responded to this review, 21 August 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I'm thrilled that you had such a good experience at our hotel. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Our family was driving through to Kansas City when my two year old daughter started running a fever so we decided to park it and stay the night here. The manager was the rudest lady, if you could call her that, rude, inconsiderate, and seemed like we weren't welcome with her tone of vocie and manner. Not sure if she was drinking and she stunk like smoke. She kept glaring at our daughter because she was crying and my wife finally took her and tried to calm her down while paying. The outside had garbage and was dirty. The room was dirty with stains and the tv screen had pop or something sticky on it. The bathroom had only two towels...not two wash clothes, towels, and hand towels...two period. I am not sure if it is Saint Peters per say but we did not feel safe here or maybe some of the clients their. After numerous complaints for people screaming in the hall and loud tv's or radio's we just went to the minivan to sleep until it got late enough, around 1am or so go in and sleep. We high tailed it out in the morning without any friendly goodbye at checkout, more of key please and go. I will be complaining to their corporate office, for someone that is in the hospitalality business for 20 years, this place has it completely wrong.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Steven I
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Walked in around 9pm and noticed no one at the front desk and several people lying on the ground in the small lobby just talking on their cell phones and hanging out. Around midnight I went to go to the front desk for towels and the elevator had an out of order sign on it (it worked earlier). As I was going down the stairs someone in the stairwell told me no one manned the front desk after 11pm- and they were right. Yikes!! I could not get back to the room quick enough because I felt so uneasy about all the things I saw and heard in the hallways at that time. The were lots of men (of various ages and races) milling around the halls and also what appeared to be various illegal activities. While back in the room felt unsafe knowing what was going on around us. Gross. Dangerous. Unreal.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank STLSteph34
ofallon
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Room was not clean. Bed was made but the sheets and covers were stained. The walls and floors just looked dirty, food and drink spilled on walls and even the phone. The bathroom was not clean especially the toilet. The wall by the a/c unit was cracked and falling apart. The rest of the hotel was dirty as well. Looked like nobody ever cleaned hallways, elevator or stairwells.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank chris g
St. Peters
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Hotel seemed like a nice place from the outside but lacked focus on maintenance. The front-desk has some folks who would not pick calls or pass on business calls to my room. Poorly maintained rooms with Iron not working, burnt coffee pot, blocked commode (which was later cleared) which basically gave me a very uncomfortable feeling. I would not go back to this place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

2 Thank Edwin A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - St. Peters, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Edwin - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that you did not have a perfect stay at our hotel. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have checked all of our guest rooms to ensure your experience is not repeated.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I would be happy to speak with you further. If you would like, please contact me directly, at ssp@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Peters
Courtyard St. Louis St. Peters
#3 of 5 in Saint Peters
Hampton Inn St. Louis/St. Charles
TownePlace Suites St. Louis St. Charles

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - St. Peters? Share your experiences!