“45 day stay/St Peters, MO”

Extended Stay America - St. Louis - St. Peters
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Saint Peters
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I found this unit to be superior in every way, starting with the manager, Brandy, and the front desk clerk, Meghan. I am partially handicapped, and the entire staff were very sensitive, yet always ready to help me in every way. Great job, Extended Stay America!

The housekeeping staff were also excellent.

Room Tip: I was on ground floor, near the lobby, yet this was a very quite environment.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Edward P

Reviewed 11 July 2014

As others have reported, cigarette butts everywhere outside, yet overpowering smoke stench in hallways and room. Rooms we'd reserved had been given away (We checked in at 4p.m.!) so one room wasn't a king as requested and definitely no nonsmoking rooms available. Not sure why we had reservations then. Room was run down, wet spot on the carpet, filthy sheets on the hide a bed. Huge room yet tiny bathroom was difficult to even move around in. I understand why there are no amenities automatically provided, but at least a disposable cup for brushing teeth could be available. I'm hoping we can Febreeze our stuff enough that the rental car company doesn't charge us for smoking. I'm glad to get out after only one night - can' imagine staying here long-term. Megan at the front desk was very friendly and as helpful as she could be, but not enough to overcome a lousy property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank TerriG215
Reviewed 10 July 2014

There are only a few reasons to stay at a hotel like this - you need a long-term stay, you're on a tight budget, or you're just on the road and need to crash at an I-70 exit. The hotel has indoor corridors so that's a step above a Motel 6 or Super 8. The parking lot and entrance were littered with cigarette butts and there was distinct smoke odor in the lobby, elevator, and stairwells. Fortunately my room didn't smell like smoke.

The room was large and had a kitchen area with medium-size fridge, stovetop (no oven), microwave, sink, and cabinets. The queen mattress was comfortable although the sheet, blanket, and spread were a little sketchy (some stains). The TV had limited channels - Showtime, networks, and maybe 20 cable stations. Bathroom was small but adequate. No shampoo, just 2 bars of soap, and towels were threadbare and scratchy. My room was hot when I walked in but cooled quickly after I turned the A/C on (the unit was noisy but worked well).

Breakfast was limited to coffee, instant oatmeal, granola bars, prewrapped muffins, and apples. There was traffic noise from the highway but not loud enough to interfere with sleep. Overall I would not recommend this for discriminating travelers - try the Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites, or other hotels in the area. I had a Hotwire deal so this was a cheap, really cheap, stay and perfectly adequate.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - St. Peters, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Craig - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are sorry to hear that our common areas did not meet your expectations; however, we are glad that you enjoyed your fully equipped kitchen and comfortable bed. We will be working with our housekeeping staff to make sure all areas of our hotel are cleaned to our standards.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Hello,

I stayed here for about two months, from Feb, 2014-April. The staff was Great! All of them. The room was clean, new carpet, king size bed with additional room in the room. Well, the suite. Overall, a great comfortable stay and kool staff to support the hotel.

Thanks ESA-St.louis, St. Peters

ToneWash

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tonewash
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My family and I have been staying at this hotel for few weeks now. Even with a discount the rates are outrageous. There is a 'rules and regulations' notice on the back of our room door which states we should be paying hundreds less. I feel they should have to honor this posting abd I an due a refund in difference.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank tabpoe
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - St. Peters, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our rates. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ssp@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Dirty. Stained linen. Dishes had long-term grime on them. Only one towel on arrival, and that had a large black hair on it. Previous occupant's trash still in room. Room was supposedly non-smoking, but stank, and had to be sprayed with Febreze. Charming receptionist did not make up for shortcomings. Clearly needs a management change.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Cassandra1242
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - St. Peters, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Cassandra - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Your comments in regards to our staff are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that your room did not smell fresh and you found trash in the trash can. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to our housekeeping staff and reviewed their cleaning checklists with them to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. I invite you to contact me, at ssp@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The room was filthy when we checked in. The bed was made, but the sheets were dirty. We found red hairs in both bed sheets, on the pillows, in the sink and in the bath tub. We found coffee stains in the drawers by the bed side and coffee dried up spills on the kitchen sink. There was old and smelly pizza or something caked on in the microwave. I used chlorox wipes on everything so that we could stay one night. We had been flying for 24 hours and it was late. I did not have the energy to check out. When the hotel staff did not have time to bring us new sheets, after waiting for 2 hours, we asked someone we knew, who lived nearby, to bring us clean sheets. We put these on the beds in our rooms ourselves. The coffee maker was old and completely rusted. I was afraid to even try to use it. The clock on the bedside stand did not work at all. The bulbs in the lights were dead.

Room Tip: Do not chose a room in this hotel. The staff if friendly, but completely overworked.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Head0fFamily
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - St. Peters, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so disappointed to read that your room was unclean upon arrival and that items in your room were in need of repair. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I have brought your comments to our housekeeping staff's attention, and we are working to deep clean your room as well as enhance our cleaning procedures overall moving forward. Also, our maintenance staff is working to repair items as needed to ensure they are in better condition for our guests to use in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at ssp@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint Peters
#7 of 7 in O'Fallon
Super 8 St Charles
Super 8 St Charles
#9 of 21 in Saint Charles

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - St. Peters? Share your experiences!