Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Americas Best Value Inn St. Robert / Fort Leonard Wood
Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here while working in the area.............the first room was a king size bed that was very old and already sunk in, before we even lay down...........a trip back to the front desk and another room fixed that problem................the staff were friendly enough............although we probably would have stayed elsewhere had we known from the getgo that the hot tub was not working.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Stafford, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The front desks personnel was nice. However, we had a kitchenette room. It did not come stocked with the kitchen items needed to fully utilize the kitchen. We had to ask for cooking items. There was no dish washer. The breakfast egg was not real egg. It was some round rubber something. I would not call it egg. The rooms were average. The sofa was not a sleeper sofa and had all sorts of crumbs under the cushions. No fitness center or pool. The best part was the location from the base. It was a few minutes away. Just up the street from the base. Would I stay there again. Most likely not.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 121713Yikes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

We have stayed here twice now for coming to Ft Leonard Wood. The room was nice and very clean. I really like having the sink outside of the bathroom area. The staff was super and friendly. We enjoyed the couch and oversize chair in the breakfast area in order to spend time with our solider for family day. I have already recommended it to other friends coming to visit.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jkffoster
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

We came to stay a few days for a graduation at Fort Leonard Wood. The room is nice and very clean. We liked the bathroom and outer sink area layout. The beds are good. As noted in a previous review the location is good and the access to the local businesses is very handy. We were allowed to check in early, as the hotel was lightly populated, and that was greatly appreciated.

On the flip side, the breakfast was very sparse, because the hotel was lightly populated. It made absolutely no difference to my stomach. The internet is very slow. I fear what it would have been like with a full house. The last item was the spa was not working. We asked everyday when it might be fixed and got no definitive answer. There was no sense of urgency. That created a frustration that was totally unnecessary.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bobtheromingnome
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I stayed in this hotel for access to the Fort. Very easy to get to Fort Leonard Wood, it's pretty much a straight shot. I'd say about 10 minutes depending on traffic. This is a good spot for a bed at the end of the long day, but don't expect much in the way of amenities or services. I have some pro's and con's for this hotel.

THE GOOD: The beds were very comfortable as many reviewers have noted. Breakfast is free and hot, although a bit limiting, no fresh fruit or anything like that - don't expect healthy options while you're here. Sausage patties, "scrambled" egg patties, biscuits, and a variety of breads as well as fresh waffles. I was a bit let down by the breakfast, to be honest, and had to wait quite a while for fresh coffee to be made. However it is complimentary and it was nicely laid out, so I wouldn't consider this a driving reason not to stay here.
I like the bathroom setups (the sinks are outside of the bathroom) which makes getting ready easier.

THE AVERAGE/POOR:
I travel a lot for work and have stayed in many hotels so perhaps my expectations are a bit warped. However, I was surprised to receive a $40 charge for checking out only TWO hours late (in all other hotels, I've always had this waived as a courtesy, it's not like it was the whole day - I would have thought the staff to be a bit more accommodating especially as the room itself was originally only $80. My room price went up 50%!). And then, even though I had to pay the fee in advance, the room still locked me out as no one updated my reservation and I had to go get the key reset after the official checkout time, which was a bit disconcerting especially as other reviewers had talked about the so called wonderful staff. The staff explained that I was locked out "because it's after checkout time and I should be gone" even though my receipt clearly showed I had already paid a fee and had the right to be in the room (which I've now paid $120 total for).

Also, there was a fire alarm while I was there which woke a lot of us up. During the alarm the staff did absolutely nothing -- no one waved us to go outside, no one told us where to stand, no one gave us updates as to what was going on. There were staff members behind the desk looking at the electronics but no one really acknowledged that there were a bunch of customers wondering what to do. There was a malfunction because as soon as it would stop the alarm would go off again. At no point did a staff member come outside (or actually even request us to move away from the entrance - a lot of people went back inside to get coffee!) A staff member/manager never came outside to give everyone an update or explain what was going on or apologize for the malfunction. It's like we were running our own fire alarm drill! I found this situation very odd and a bit disconcerting. The whole experience was probably about 30 minutes.

In short, the proximity to the Fort is what makes this hotel a good option, as well as the comfortable beds and decent room size. However, my experience showed that the focus is on the beds only, not any type of customer service. It should still be considered for those visiting soldiers at the fort, but not for any type of long term or comfortable stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Anghared1
abvi_strobert, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn St. Robert / Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I do appologise for the inconvinience you had, however we are pleased that you liked our beds and bath. As far as extended late charge fee a guest could stay untill 5.00 pm for a flat rate so they dont have to pay a full prise for a room. Again sorry for Fire alarm going off due to malfunction but we cant turn it off untill fire dept. gets and scrutinise it.Hope it wont happen again and we will be happy to serve you in future.
Thank you.
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

This hotel is not fancy but for a great price you get everything that's important, at least in my book: a clean, quiet room with good A.C., amazingly comfortable beds, helpful staff and a free hot breakfast. We walked in after seeing a sign for a Walk In Special - not sure how often it's offered, but we paid only $59.99.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CocktailMom
abvi_strobert, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn St. Robert / Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, 10 August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking time to write a review for your recent stay at Americas Best value inn. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to give best value to our guest without sacrifising service and quality.
Hope to see you soon!!!!
Thank you again.
Corona, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

Many other hotels in the area, actually in the same lot. Good for Leonard wood visitors and graduations. Located 15-20 minutes away for the base it offers free breakfast, pool, and parking. However rooms are alittle small and bathrooms are cut in half they are a good two night stay. Walmart and other fast food and restaurants around hotel. Staff are friendly and are experts of the fort Leonard wood area and where to go inside of it. I would say pick another of the many hotels around it but if on a right budget then stay here.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Spenchewy
abvi_strobert, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn St. Robert / Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this review, 3 August 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to post a review of your stay with us.I am glad that you were pleased with the cleanliness and service of our staff.
We would love to have you as a guest in future.
Thank you!!!