“Good value for money”

Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
Sedgefield
“Good value for money”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Our Garmin GPS had the wrong coordinates for this motel. We eventually find it using "Star Motel" which was the previous name. The room was spacious and clean and the ironing board and iron is a nice extra you don't often find. It also had a hair dryer, fridge and a microwave. The a/c was of a higher quality and more quiet than most we have experienced so far. The bedding was also of a high quality and the bed comfortable. Water pressure and temperature was sufficient. No shampoo or soap were made available. We asked for additional pillows but could't get as the maintenance staff has already left. There is no breakfast, only free coffee in the reception area. Overall very good value for money.

Room Tip: Second floor units would be more quiet because of wooden floors.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarie V

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Belleview, Florida
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Last minute check in after a long day on the motorcycle. Was given directions to here specifically. Checked in quickly and the room was HUGE. It was clean and comfortable. Restaurants convieniently located. And right on Old Route 66.

• Stayed July 2013
Martin, Tennessee
Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stayed here while needing to be in town for my daughter's basic training graduation and family day. We got a room with three double beds. The room was clean, the beds were soft, the staff was friendly and the rate was very reasonable. It is right across the street from a Sonic and Dairy Queen and there are several nice restaurants and a WalMart with a couple of miles. It's very easy to find Ft Leonard Wood from here. If we ever need to come to Ft Leonard Wood again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rhonda K
New Hampshire
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Very disappointing! We checked in early and were charged 25.00 extra. Requested non smoking room. First rm was "smoking" and reeked and very dirty. Second rm was labeled "non smoking" and smelled identical to the first. In addition the toilet was leaking, there were burn holes in the sheets and cobwebs with dead flies and misquitoes in most corners of the ceiling. The third rm (same day) we were "upgraded" to was one of their "renovated" rooms. Much better than the first two but still dirty. Burn marks in the bathroom flooring of this "non-smoking" room, carpet was dirty, stained and frayed. Furniture was dirty, very poor condition, the wall mounted TV was covering a portion of a painting on the wall. Room and bathroom in dire need of paint. Used towels were removed from our room (the only evidence that housekeeping was in the room) and not replaced until I went to the office to request replacements. I received threadbare, dingy, greying towels. This hotel's only benefit is its proximity to the army base but I would have travelled further to better accomodations. When I requested a waiver of the early check-in fee, the manager told me it would be taken out of her pay by the hotel owner so I didn't push it. I would have addressed that directly with the owner if given the opportunity. I rcommend very strongly that you do not stay at this hotel, especially for the 100.00 it cost me for one night (without early check-in fee). There are many options in the area and I recommend the alternative.

Room Tip: Mny options in the area
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank wwcas

Travellers are raving about these Saint Robert hotels

fort worth
Reviewed 31 March 2011

We stayed here with our grand daughter . we reserved months ahead of time even called before we left texas to make sure everything was fine ,we checked in late got to the room and there was only one bed . They asked me to make her a palette on the floor for her !!!!!! This is unacceptable . The next day told us they could move us but would have to charge more,the nerve of these people,I wonder if the owner would put his kids on the floor of a hotel he was staying at !!!! The heater would not turn it self so we had to get up in the night to turn it off or on , this is crazy. Then one of the electric outlets stopped working , thats scary .Will never tolerate this again or stay here again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jameswhite5865
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 26 January 2010

If you are planning on staying in St. Roberts for a long time this is the best price around. However you get what you pay for. I stayed 7 months and the maid service consisted of replacing the towel, take out the trash (sometimes), and make the bed. Good luck with vacuuming. I had to switch rooms once because a mold problem developed in the bathroom ceiling which they simply patched, surprise it came back. The wifi is hit or miss, some rooms get it some don't. Parking can be tough to come by. Like I said before though, if you are looking for convenience and a way to save money this is it.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Plano, TX
Reviewed 5 December 2009

My daughter and I stayed here while visiting her boyfriend at Ft Leonard Wood. Very close to base, restaurants and stores. The room was larger than expected! 2 very comfy full sized beds, fridge, microwave, cabinet space (we brought food along) and it didn't smell like an older motel. The front desk girls were SUPERIOR in service, attitude and kindness. They were very knowledgable about area. Even though the Star Hotel is on a main highway, it was amazingly quiet,, no traffic noises. I felt very safe there. I called ahead for good directions (mapquest only does so much!) and got perfect, turn by turn instructions. Like I said, I would stay here again in a heartbeat! Thanks Star!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family