“Military Graduation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Military Graduation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

My daughter and I drove here from NM. When arriving I had concerns about getting on to the base to pick up my husband from the airfield. The lady helped ease my concerns and helped me get to the airfield easier than the directions I had pulled from the internet. The hotel was nice and clean. My daughter enjoyed the pool saying the water was warm.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank P Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Edgewood, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

I wasn't thrilled at first to book my hotel stay with Red Roof Inn as this chain doesn't always receive the most positive reviews. The continental breakfast won't win any awards....BUT it was just across the street from a restaurant I enjoy eating at when traveling, The Country Crock. I didn't have anything taken from my luggage, the room was kept quite clean, and I won't rate the pool/hot tub area as I forgot my swimsuit. The only unpleasant event of my stay was the door slamming by Army personnel from other duty stations slamming Repeatedly their room doors until 10-11pm at night. I spoke with the desk clerks on duty the morning of my departure and they were unfazed at my tactful complaint except to comment, "they were not able to do much about this behavior" with the soldiers staying there for training purposes. How disappointing as I was at Fort Leonard Wood to watch my own son graduate from boot camp.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor next to elevator. Perhaps the rooms further away from the elevator...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

This hotel has a nice pool and hot tub but it's older and looks a little run down. The bedding, room decor and furniture all look to be 20 years old at least. The free breakfast is a joke. It was the mini donuts from the bag found in any grocery store or gas station.

Room Tip: nice pool, hot tub, could use some updating
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
redroofsaintrobertmo, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn St. Robert, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your stay at the Red Roof Inn, St.Robert.

We noted your review and appreciate your comment on the pool and hot tub.

We are planning to completely redo the property soon.

The breakfast counter has been improved.

You can have a comfortable and secure stay next time. Trust us and visit us again.

Manteno, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2011

screwed up mine and everyone that was checking in at the same time charge cards,double charged some,said it was declined,but it wasnt.they need to learn the computer system BEFORE they implement it with the costumers.the pool was nasty!Pool wall had scum from where the water ended to the top of the pool edge.Two of the windows in the pool area were cracked from top to bottom.Vents in the pool area so dirty that fresh air couldnt get in there if it wanted to.The drain in the tub in our room was broken,had to hold it up manually so water would drain.The internet is free but unsecured.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Red Roof Inn and the review.

Please note that we have investigated the charge issue and the needful has been done.

We understand our guests and what they look for.

Effective actions have been taken on each area to improve- particularly the pool and of course the room features and amenities.

Please visit us again and check our hospitality.

lennon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2011

jewelry was taken from our luggage they response was there was nothing they could which is very true thats why you go somewhere else where there is honest people

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tommyfries1657
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for your stay at the Red Roof Inn, St.Robert.

We noted your review and apologize for the inconvenience caused howsoever.

We have investigated the issue and we have never come across such a complaint earlier, but your review is serious to us.

We have ensured that such a report of theft never comes again from any guest and the hotel staff behaves in the most guest friendly manner.

Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

I had a very comfortable non-smoking king room; the room smelled clean - there wasn't even a hint of smoke to indicate that anyone had ever smoked in the room. As this is a military town, I inquired about the sign on the desk re: soldiers having noisy stays at the hotel. I was told that they are given a written statement that they understand the code of conduct - and that serves as their one and only warning - if there are any complaints, they are required to leave. The soldiers who were staying there were quite polite, and most helpful. My stay was quite pleasant!!! And the staff members were all very professional.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Paris
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2011

We booked the hotel room for the Fort Leonard Wood return from Christmas Exodus. By their admission, the hotel has a lot of soldiers stay with them. Yet, they decided the day soldiers would be returning from exodus was the perfect time to close the indoor pool and hot tub. I'm sure many soldiers would have loved to relax in the hot tub before going back to work. I know my husband would have.
Plus, the room was less than clean and the bathroom reeked of urine. The TV remote was missing. The lady at the front desk was rude. The breakfast was stale. I could go on and on about how bad this particular Red Roof Inn was. I've stayed at others and they were very nice, so I'm not talking about Red Roof Inns in general.
We won't be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank AliMB
Dear Valued Guest,

The Red Roof Inn, St.Robert thank you for your stay and the review.

We have investigated the issue and have taken appropriate steps to attend each room of the hotel for amenities and just everything.

We have effective measures on improving the overall cleanliness and hygiene and all amenities.

We will offer you the best hospitality. So please do visit us again.