“Awesome stay”

Candlewood Suites St Robert
Ranked #5 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 27 July 2014

All around great hotel. There are a couple points I would like to hit on though; one being the internet (wireless) is very slow and connects/disconnects frequently. Other thing is it doesn't have a pool. You have to get a pool pass from the front desk and go to a neighboring hotel for a pool. Other than those two things, it was a great stay. Big thanks to the staff for being extremely nice.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Xveteran87
There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites St Robert

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I came to St. Robert while TDY for training on military orders. My stay lasted 3 months, and overall it was a good experience. The best part about my stay were the staff, who in general were very courteous and professional. I didn't have a single negative customer service experience. The room was a little smaller than I would have liked considering how long I was there, but it was more than adequate. Parking was never an issue, even during busy times, which I appreciated. The hotel staff do a good job of keeping the place clean which is also appreciated. The only thing keeping me from rating it excellent are the internet/wifi issues. It was at times very slow, even painfully slow. I also got bumped off the wifi connection frequently. I heard other guests were having the same issues, so it was not an issue with my devices. The staff were sympathetic to the internet issue as they too had heard the same complaints. My advice to management is to fix this! Also my bed wasn't exactly the most comfortable. I don't want to be picky, because it sure beats living in a barracks, however for the money I would have expected a more comfortable bed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Marsha1978, General Manager at Candlewood Suites St Robert, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hello! It was a true pleasure having you as our guest . I appreciate the great feed back. We are in the process of choosing a different internet supplier with faster connectivity and browsing speeds. We know that the internet is very important to our guests. Hope to see you next time you are TDY to our area. Happy Travels!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This location is an example of why I like to stay in Candlewood Suites when traveling, even when only staying overnight.
The staff was friendly and helpful, not to mention they treated our dogs like the Platinum guests with treat bags for each. For people traveling with pets, there are large run areas for walking and other business; and expect that most of the staff will want to take a minute to talk to and pet your dog.
The rooms are clean and spacious as one would expect for this chain. There are plenty of places to eat within a couple minutes of walking or driving, and this is easy access if you are going to be working on base TDY.
Highly recommend this location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Marsha1978, General Manager at Candlewood Suites St Robert, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

We LOVE pets! And we love that your room was accomodating for you and your dog. Thank you for the GREAT comments. See you next time!

Marsha Mercer

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here for a three month military school at Fort Leonard Wood. Rooms are very clean with ample room for cooking, storage and relaxing. They have free coffee and a nice snack bar as well as good laundry facilities. The hotel also has a decent fitness area and conference room. They have a great TV package with movie channels. The staff is very polite and helpful at all times, greeting you each time they see you and helping you in anyway they can. A minor thing is the internet is not the fastest but that was not a major issue.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Marsha1978, General Manager at Candlewood Suites St Robert, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

We certainly enjoyed the time you spent with us at CWS! It is always kind of hard for us when our long term guests depart. You become like family! Thank you for all the great comments. It was especially good to hear the comments about our helpful team. The internet is in the process of getting an upgrade to speed things up! We are excited about that. Safe journey to your next destination!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

It was my first stay at a Candlewood Suites, even thou I have stay at many other IHG properties. And I was surprised by the size of the rooms; it had large with a kitchen, dining area, living room with a separate bedroom and large bathroom. The front desk staff was outstanding, Bubba and Gail at the always made me feel that I arrive at home. No they do not serve meals and housekeeping is once a week, which I do not mind at all. They do have the closet with ready to cook meals, if you do not want go out for dinner. There are a great deal of restaurants nearby if go want to eat out. Kudos to the staff and I highly recommend this Candlewood Hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, you will want a room one the first floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We were hoping to find a nice hotel on our Route 66 trip and we found it in St. Robert! We were greeted warmly by the woman at the front desk and were happy to find that their "cupboard" for purchasing refreshments was open twenty-four hours. The room was spacious and clean. The hotel and surroundings (off the main street) were quiet. They are very dog-friendly and greeted us with a small bag of treats for our pup. There is a nice outside sitting area at the side of the hotel and plenty of surrounding grounds to take our dog for a walk. Don't know if we'll ever be in the St. Robert area again but, if we are, this would be the place to stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I thought this was a brand new hotel it was so clean! But I believe it is about 6 years old. Truly one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. Great staff and very comfortable beds. Very good location to shopping and restautants.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Marsha1978, General Manager at Candlewood Suites St Robert, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Always a pleasure to have a first time guest to our Candlewood Suites! Even better to know you enjoyed our team and guest rooms. Thank you for the compliment regarding the hotel looking NEW! Our hotel is 10 years old this month! We take great pride in keeping our hotel maintained and refreshed with continual renovations and TLC. We hope to see you again soon!