“So glad we stopped” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Evergreen, Colorado
“So glad we stopped”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were traveling through and decided we had had enough for the day even though we had planned to go another 2 hours down the road. We found Candlewood through TripAdvisor and must say the reviews were spot on. From the minute we walked in and were greeted by Maria to being checked out the next day by Bubba every member of the staff we encountered was professional and friendly and made us feel like members of their family. While we have often found traveling with our dog to be at times difficult, they welcomed him with open arms and a treat baggy. And even though their rooms are pet friendly you'd never know it because they are spotless. We even had a member of the housekeeping staff take time to pet and talk to our pet, so nice to not feel like they hated cleaning the room after our pet was there. You can tell the staff takes great pride in their facility. I travel alot for business and was super impressed to find this gem in this out of the way location. Thank you so much Candlewood St Robert you be our choice next time we are through your area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marsha1978, General Manager at Candlewood Suites St Robert, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
So glad you found us! Thank you for taking the time to tell others about us. People and their pets are our passion. Hope to see you again soon!

Marsha Mercer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Have no complaints at all! Clean, quiet, comfortable, friendly staff, best bed ever. I would come back any time and stay here. Our room had a kitchen complete with large fridge ,sink ,disposal, range and dishwasher!

• Stayed August 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

All around great hotel. There are a couple points I would like to hit on though; one being the internet (wireless) is very slow and connects/disconnects frequently. Other thing is it doesn't have a pool. You have to get a pool pass from the front desk and go to a neighboring hotel for a pool. Other than those two things, it was a great stay. Big thanks to the staff for being extremely nice.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Xveteran87
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I came to St. Robert while TDY for training on military orders. My stay lasted 3 months, and overall it was a good experience. The best part about my stay were the staff, who in general were very courteous and professional. I didn't have a single negative customer service experience. The room was a little smaller than I would have liked considering how long I was there, but it was more than adequate. Parking was never an issue, even during busy times, which I appreciated. The hotel staff do a good job of keeping the place clean which is also appreciated. The only thing keeping me from rating it excellent are the internet/wifi issues. It was at times very slow, even painfully slow. I also got bumped off the wifi connection frequently. I heard other guests were having the same issues, so it was not an issue with my devices. The staff were sympathetic to the internet issue as they too had heard the same complaints. My advice to management is to fix this! Also my bed wasn't exactly the most comfortable. I don't want to be picky, because it sure beats living in a barracks, however for the money I would have expected a more comfortable bed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marsha1978, General Manager at Candlewood Suites St Robert, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Hello! It was a true pleasure having you as our guest . I appreciate the great feed back. We are in the process of choosing a different internet supplier with faster connectivity and browsing speeds. We know that the internet is very important to our guests. Hope to see you next time you are TDY to our area. Happy Travels!
Williamsport, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This location is an example of why I like to stay in Candlewood Suites when traveling, even when only staying overnight.
The staff was friendly and helpful, not to mention they treated our dogs like the Platinum guests with treat bags for each. For people traveling with pets, there are large run areas for walking and other business; and expect that most of the staff will want to take a minute to talk to and pet your dog.
The rooms are clean and spacious as one would expect for this chain. There are plenty of places to eat within a couple minutes of walking or driving, and this is easy access if you are going to be working on base TDY.
Highly recommend this location.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marsha1978, General Manager at Candlewood Suites St Robert, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
We LOVE pets! And we love that your room was accomodating for you and your dog. Thank you for the GREAT comments. See you next time!

Marsha Mercer
Rolla, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here for a three month military school at Fort Leonard Wood. Rooms are very clean with ample room for cooking, storage and relaxing. They have free coffee and a nice snack bar as well as good laundry facilities. The hotel also has a decent fitness area and conference room. They have a great TV package with movie channels. The staff is very polite and helpful at all times, greeting you each time they see you and helping you in anyway they can. A minor thing is the internet is not the fastest but that was not a major issue.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marsha1978, General Manager at Candlewood Suites St Robert, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
We certainly enjoyed the time you spent with us at CWS! It is always kind of hard for us when our long term guests depart. You become like family! Thank you for all the great comments. It was especially good to hear the comments about our helpful team. The internet is in the process of getting an upgrade to speed things up! We are excited about that. Safe journey to your next destination!
Pace, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

It was my first stay at a Candlewood Suites, even thou I have stay at many other IHG properties. And I was surprised by the size of the rooms; it had large with a kitchen, dining area, living room with a separate bedroom and large bathroom. The front desk staff was outstanding, Bubba and Gail at the always made me feel that I arrive at home. No they do not serve meals and housekeeping is once a week, which I do not mind at all. They do have the closet with ready to cook meals, if you do not want go out for dinner. There are a great deal of restaurants nearby if go want to eat out. Kudos to the staff and I highly recommend this Candlewood Hotel.

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, you will want a room one the first floor.