“Great value!”

MainStay Suites Saint Robert
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
“Great value!”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Very, very nice hotel overall. Comfortable, modern suites. Our room had a nice sized walk-thru closet and plenty of storage space. The huge shower/tub was also a wonderful surprise. Staff was friendly and helpful. When booking online I was pleased to discover the generous military discount offered. A+ all around!

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Muskogee, Oklahoma
Reviewed 20 May 2013

my wife an dog arrived in st Robert at main stay an checked in. the handicap room was available on the 2nd floor which we stayed in. we wanted a ground floor handicap an Belinda saw mw the next day an said we could move down as a couple was leaving. they even helped move us down. which we stayed another couple days. we were very surprised an pleased that she took the time to make us more comfortable. it was a really good stay.
unfortunaly we had to make a trip back the next weekend due to the death of a family member we had visited earlier. the funeral was Monday an they took care of us special like. we caint say enough of how well we were treated.
it was a 1st stay at main stay an we look forward to many more as we have family at the base there.
they made an ole country boy feel right at home an wasn't all uppity as I have been treated before.
our reserves were made by AAA outa Muskogee ok an was right on target.
mike borum

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Thank you for your great review! It's guest like you that keep us ranked #1 in all of the Mainstay brands. We thank you and all our guest for helping us win Hotel of the Year for 2013. We promise we will continue to provide that LIVE Like Home atmosphere, and please stop in and see us again even if you are just passing by.
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed 11 May 2013 via mobile

I checked in on Monday May 6th and out on Friday May 10th. I was in St. Robert for business. This extended stay hotel was amazing! The room was very clean, comfortable and the perfect size. The price was much cheaper than I would have expected for such a nice facility. The staff were amazingly helpful and kind. They even recognized me by the second day, which is saying a lot for a staff that sees hundreds of people in a month. The breakfast, while a little on the light side, in no way detracted from the rest of my stay. My coworker and I spend quite a bit of time in the lounge as well while we worked. Overall a great great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Belinda2116, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are a Platinum Award Winner and our staff are very proud that they are why we are. Please come see us again if you or your friends ever need lodging.
Joppa
Reviewed 4 April 2013 via mobile

The downsides are that it's a little too far from Ft Leonard Wood and the breakfast options are limited. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how nice and modern the whole place seemed. The wireless internet was really fast and easy to connect to. The room was incredibly clean and had lots of amenities. The bed & temperature control was great. Staff was always friendly. Bonus: complimentary DVDs to borrow from the front desk.

• Stayed April 2013
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Thank you for your great review and mentioning our free DVD rentals. Depending on your room type most rooms have up to 3 televisions in them with a DVD player in all rooms. We are within 3 miles of the military base, and are next to Millers Grill and Ryan's Steak House. A very convenient 24 hour Walmart just a block or 2 away makes it really nice with full kitchens in every room. Be safe and thank you again for staying with us!
Okinawa, Japan
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I recently stayed here for 1 month while attending a military class.
I would say that this place overall is a great stay. The room i was in (Junior Suite) was great. The staff was great. It was a very clean and well ran facility. A couple of things that bothered me and kept me from giving it a fifth star. First off the Elevator was really rough. I am not sure if it is required in MO but there is not tag on the elevator saying when it was last inspected. Im not dramatic but that thing feels like it is going to fall SOOOOON. The second thing i didnt like was that the staff would not roll taxes and other fees into my military price. it was only a few dollars and when other places are willing to do it and I was staying for such a long time you would think they could do that. Finally, they have free washer and dryer facilities down stairs, but I believe it to be a little inadequate. They have three washers for the Whole hotel. That was the determining factor that made me move to another place. I moved somewhere that they have washers and dryers in the rooms. Ultimately, this is a great place with more pro's then con's. The location is fine and the staff is GREAT. If your plans keep you there for more of a lengthier stay do some research and find something that has more of that feel.. like a Bells extended stay.

Room Tip: Millers Grill is right in front of the hotel and is a great affordable choice for food.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
Thank you so much for your review, and the great complement on our staff. They do their best to make our home your home. I did want to assure you that our elevator is inspected monthly and state inspected yearly. Our hotel was built in 2005 and unfortunately didn't have washers and dryers in the floor plan when it was built. Thankfully most guest don't mind sharing the use of the Guest Laundry room as long as it is free and well monitored. Thank you again for your survey.
Kaysville, Utah
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Over all the stay at this hotel was a good experience. The breakfast was a bit limited. The room was ample for a long stay. The staff was very friendly and professional which added to the quality of my stay.

Room Tip: Top floor gets you away from the in and out of the young military.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
We thank you so much for your great review and for staying with us. We know it's hard being away from home for long periods of time. I'm happy that we helped you feel at home and comfortable during you stay. Please stop in and see us, even if it's just a cup of coffee and cookies. :)
Saint Robert, Missouri
Reviewed 26 March 2013

i recommend this hotel becuase free breadfast, washer -n- dryer, wifi and also the stuff are so greatful. they alway help me and friend to eveytime i came in. the room are great and clean, i feel like thats my room when i left my house. if your looking for a room go to mainstay the stuff are willing to help u and get what u want.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this review, 27 March 2013
Thank you so much for your review. We try our best to make sure everyone feels at home while staying with us. We have a great staff that will do what it takes to make our guest feel safe and comfortable. Free washer and dryer are a plus when staying longer than a few days. Our breakfast is more of a grab and go type breakfast, but offers serveral options. Again thank you so much for your great comment. Please come in and see us if your ever in our area.