“Fort Leonardwood Graduation”

MainStay Suites Saint Robert
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
Reviewed 21 October 2013

My sister's family and I stayed here for my nephew's graduation from Basic Training and had a wonderful experience.

I would highly recommend staying here, the rooms were very nice and very clean, the service was very good and everything is very convenient to the hotel from the gates of the post to a Wal-Mart and various restaurants.

The best part of the stay here though was Sophie and her staff. We learned so much from Sophie regarding where to go and what to do while we were there. She took her time to give us precise directions to the places we needed to be -- the friendliness of her and her staff was very refreshing and much appreciated!! They also helped me out with some emergency FAXing I needed to do at the last minute which seems like a small thing, but at the time was very much appreciated!!

I HIGHLY recommend staying here and will stay here anytime I am in this area without question!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Belinda2116, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about Sophie and our team. We are blessed with a great team and she leads that team. Sophie is on the military post almost daily and is very knowledgeable about our Fort Leonard Wood base. If your nephew or family find themselves back in our area, please come see us!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

Stayed for two nights in a 2 bedroom suite. Also booked a regular room because of the size of our party.The 2 BR had a large balcony, unfortunately it was not very warm that day so was only able to use when sun was in the right spot. Actually the standard room with two queens felt larger because of the open floor plan that lent to easier entertaining but obviously less private sleeping wise.The 2 BR had 2 large bathrooms as opposed to one. The breakfast area was small with oatmeal being the only hot choice. All areas were clean and staff friendly and helpful. Convenient location for shopping and dining. WIFI very slow despite strong signal.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Belinda2116, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey for us! This helps other travelers when traveling to our area. We do have only 3 of those 2 bedroom suites that you had mentioned. They are great for larger families with 2 separate bedrooms with their own bathrooms and a shared kitchen area. I wish the weather would have been a little better for you. The balconies are very nice to sit out and enjoy a coffee/tea in the morning and relax before starting a new day. We would love to see you back if ever in our area. Again thank you and let us be your home away from home.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

great suite hotel...attentive staff and nice outdoor pool.....very close to Ft leonard Wood. Marina at the front desk checked us in quickly and offered info about the area. We were attending our son's bct graduation and this hotel added to the success of the trip

Room Tip: rooms on the front have nice little balconys
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Belinda2116, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Thank you for your kind words about or hotel and our staff. We will make sure Marina knows about your survey. you will make her day! We want everyone to feel at home while staying with us. Take care and safe travels. Please give us a call if your ever in our area.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I had to stay here for a 4 month training period. While the hotel is clean and the staff is definitely helpful and sweet, if you plan on coming here for business or require reliable internet, look elsewhere. Google starts timing out after about noon, and don't even embarrass Skype by trying. Xbox live says "you will never get this! you will never get this!" Borat style while you type in your alternate mac address, thinking..hoping. (BUT, random bonus of a GameStop in walking distance) They often had power outages that would reset my alarm clock and I came close to missing a flight more than once. I also frequently lost unsaved work on my laptop. The only thing that made this bearable was there's a Colton's very nearby and I could cry about all that DLC I couldn't have in a plate of onion straws. Non nerd and nerdlings should be just fine - it has most amenities for your day to day routine. Again, the staff was awesome and the hotel is modern and clean, just set your cell phone as an extra alarm, and be prepared to travel if you need bandwidth.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I have stayed at many hotels throughout the last twenty plus years for the government and pleasure and I have not found a hotel with the type of Hospitality as this Mainstay. I stayed at this establishment from May until the end of August. My first time was in Sept 2012. They actually remembered who I was almost 6 months later. Belinda and Sophie are the hardest working managers that I have ever seen; impressive. Darcy treated me like family. Rodney was my diet and strength coach. Marina would always welcome you with a warm smile. Anthony would make sure breakfast was ready in the morning. Yolanda and Keilah would make sure my room had everything I needed. Gilbert would make me laugh and kept everything working properly. The hotel is pet friendly and located in the perfect spot close to Wal-Mart and many restaurants. You can't ask for a better place to stay for your money and customer service. I would also like to thank Belinda, Sophie, and the entire staff for a commemorative stay. Thanks for all your hard work. Take care.
Cleavon B.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Belinda2116, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! It was a pleasure having you and your co workers at our hotel. Don't forget us if you ever need lodging in our area, we would love to have you back. Take care and be safe in your travels. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Thank you to the staff at Mainstay Suites for a wonderful home-away-from-home experience. We stayed just two nights getting two rooms while we attended graduation at FLW. The staff are warm and friendly, the rooms cozy and comfortable, and the accommodations satisfactory. The exercise room was perfect for an early-morning workout. Breakfast could have contained a few other non-processed selections (and maybe a non-dairy milk option) but I made it work with the oatmeal and fruit.

There is a WalMart nearby to make a decent selection of produce and other food to make a tasty meal in the in-room kitchen. We did "borrow" dishes from the other room we had; otherwise, each room only has place settings for two people. We made it work and had a great stay.

The hotel is about ten minutes from the base and the staff at the hotel are knowledgeable about what to expect at a graduation. Ten minutes to get through the gate and about ten minutes to drive to the graduation location is really all you need. In about 30 minutes, you'll be where you need to be!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Belinda2116, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Thank you for giving us a great review. Depending on room type all rooms are set up with dishes for the amount of beds in room. More dishes are available at request. I'm happy your family had a good trip and enjoyed your soldier. If ever back in our area please give us a call, we would love to see you again. Be safe in your travels and again thank you so much!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I was at this hotel for 58 days from June to August due to Investigation school and the hotel is top notch. The staff treated me like family and felt like home away from home. I did not lack for anything there. Belinda was awesome, Sophie would make her special coffee to get me through the day, Darcy would have long talks with me as we were brother and sister, Rodney would provide me technical assistance with my laptop when it was acting crazy, Marina would just go out her way when I was lacking things from my room, Gilbert was there to provide me humor when my days would be long and Anthony would make sure breakfast was ready for me in the morning. The staff was top notch, courteous, professional and always smiling. The room and the hotel is very clean , I loved the grill they had by the pool I would use it on the weekends; their laundry room had state of the art washers and dryers. This hotel is highly recommended to anyone that is looking for a great with a great price, it is right in the middle of restaurants and Walmart and I miss the staff already!! Thank you Belinda and staff for making my stay a memorable and happy stay!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Belinda2116, General Manager at MainStay Suites Saint Robert, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2013

We are going to miss you as well! Our morning's won't be the same without you. We love having guest stay long term. We get to know you so much better than a guest just traveling through. Hopefully you had safe travels on your way home, and remember to give us a call if you come back for more classes at Fort Leonard Wood. Take care and hope to see you soon!