“Good Stay if there's An Opening”

Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
Midland, Texas
“Good Stay if there's An Opening”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this facility. I liked the mini-fridge with a separate freezer compartment! I have a two-quart tupperware pitcher that I fill with ice and it goes into our ice chest. I was able to put the entire pitcher on its side into the freezer. Fortunately, it was still partially frozen from the night before.

Per previous posters, I saw the age of the facility. We tried to reserve it on our way up to Illinois, but no openings since January. They mentioned it filling up regularly with military graduations.

The bathroom counter was small, and I hope it will be replaced with one of the larger versions after the remodel.

With the exception of the wake-up alarm being two hours late, this is one of the best run Fairfield's we've visited.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
RoxanMcAlmont, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Martha B, We are so happy that you had a wonderful stay at the Fairfield Inn!! Our team members work are dedicated to ensure all our guests get the service they deserve. As you know our Hotel is getting upgraded at the end of the year, and were all excited about it. We like to invite you back if your coming this way again, we appreciate nice people. Thanks very much!!

Fairifeld Inn
St Robert Missouri

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Thomson, Illinois
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here to watch a basic training graduation on the base. Room wasn't bad, but the towels provided were quite worn. Also, our door lock wouldnt read our card which was a bit of a hassle. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jessica F
RoxanMcAlmont, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert, responded to this review, 1 October 2014
Dear Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. I understand when expectations are not met, how frustrating that could be. I am sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused.
Starting in December our entire hotel will be renovated. If the opportunity arises that you have to visit the ST Robert Missouri area, we hope to be of service to you.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I am told the hotel will be completely remodeled and converted to a Fairfield Inn and Suites soon - it is overdo for sure as the hotel is 17 years old and showing its age. I recalled (from reading my previous tripadvisor review) that they had good cookies but I was there on a Friday night and they don’t offer cookies on the weekend so I was disappointed about that.

The room we were in this time was tiny - it was fine for one night but I would not want to stay in such a cramped space for any longer. They managed to put a refrigerator and microwave, as well as an easy chair in the room and that didn’t leave much space to walk around. The space in the room where you walk between the end of the dresser and the corner is only about 24” and is a tight squeeze. It is impossible to push a luggage cart from the hallway into the main room due to this tight space.

I had read in tripadvisor that the sausages served at breakfast were delicious so I was equally disappointed that none were available the morning I was there. The last time I stayed here they did not have a very good breakfast so I was looking forward to trying the sausage. They did serve a thin sausage gravy that tasted OK but it needed to have more sausage and be a little thicker.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the top floor - you can hear noise between the floors.
Green Features: No recycling was evident but they took my cans and bottles at the front desk.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
RoxanMcAlmont, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert, responded to this review, 20 October 2014
Dear AgoingGal,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, and I was sorry that our Hotel didn't
live up to your expectations. We are going through a re-model in December 2014, and a lot of your concerns will be addressed. In reference to our Breakfast, it is a Hot Breakfast, and sometimes we do change the main meat item from time to time. Most folks appreciate the different items on the menu.
I hope you will give us a try again, and if you don't see sausage just ask the breakfast attendant and they will make it for you special, and with a smile!!
Piedmont
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The staff was courteous and friendly. The rooms were comfortable and very clean. The price was very affordable. The free breakfast was delicious, with a variety of food for everyone in the family. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool and sauna. Location to base was perfect. I would recommend this hotel to other friends and family.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Hanlinpat
Dear Hanlinpat,

Thank you for your response on trip Advisor, it really makes us feel good to know that you had a wonderful stay. Our staff really works hard to accommodate all our of our guests, and to ensure they have everything they need!!
When your travel's bring you through this part of south central Missour again, and you hit exit 161 on I44, you are always welcome here at the Fairfield Inn, in beautiful ST Robert Missouri!!
Morristown, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Fairfield Inn was well staffed with helpful friendly people. Rooms were nice - beds were comfortable and free breakfast was a great value!Pool always seemed busy and patio outside was nice to relax at.
Would stay here again if we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank kfk2014
Dear Kfk2014,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, and it really provides us with great insight on what our guests thought of their stay. In your case we did very well, and we appreciate it so much.
Our staff loves to read the reviews, and it fills us all with joy when a guest had a great stay. Please come on down and give us another try, we are going through a remodel in December, and it's going to be wonderful, we would love to have you stay again!! Thank you so much you!!
Janesville
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

First I want to say that the staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms? Well just OK, I guess they just had most of the carpets shampooed on the second floor. But they should have opened a window, super musty (bad) smelling in the first room there gave me. And the second was even worse! Finally moved me to the third floor where the room smell was better. But the furniture was a bit dirty on the edges. Fairly basic standard room for size. I do have to agree that walls did seem a bit thin? And hall and neighboring room noise was a bit on the high side. I see on Trip Advisor that there are better rated hotels for less money on the site. I suggest maybe checking them out first?

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Kirk P
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Fort Leonard Wood St. Robert, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Kirk P,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, we believe that its important to know how our guests stay went!! I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced. I am glad that you thought our staff did a great job. I would like you to know our Hotel will be going through a complete renovation at the end of the year, again thanks for your comments!!

Fairfield Inn
ST Robert, MO
Beckley
Reviewed 27 May 2014

As a family of three, we stayed at the Fairfield Inn for 2 weeks. It is not easy to stay in a hotel with a small child for an extended stay, but the staff was so friendly and accommodating. Though it is an older hotel, the staff keeps everything very clean and well maintained. It is well located next to the highway and FLW. All of the staff is helpful, friendly, and professional. Though there are some newer hotels with a few more amenities in St. Robert, they are more expensive and not as conveniently located. You will not find a more welcoming staff that makes you feel comfortable while you are away from home.
The only thing missing is a washer and dryer.

Room Tip: Third floor corner.
Green Features: They were very conscientious of trying to help the environment.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sarah M
Dear Sarah,

Thank you for your wonderful review on Trip Advisor, it was really refreshing to know that you had a great stay with us. My staff also appreciated the positive comments, it put a big smile on everyone's face!! When a guest stays long term, with us, it really feels like were part of a big family, if your ever driving through this part of the country again, please stay with us!!

Fairfield Inn