“Pleasant stay”

Comfort Inn St. Robert/Fort Leonard Wood
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Saint Robert
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I just wanted to say that our visit at the Comfort Inn in St Robert was very pleasant. My family and I were there for my sons graduation from training at Ft. Leonardwood.I would like to give a special shout out to our housekeeper Tonia! She was so nice and made sure that we had everything we needed. She went out of her way to make things nice for us. The entire staff was very friendly! So thanks again for a great stay at your hotel! By the way, sorry it took me so long to post this. We were there the first week in May. Sincerely, the Ensley family.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff E
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn St. Robert/Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Dear Ensley Family, Thank you so much for the kind words and recognition of Tonia (and our entire team)! Tonia especially, is a huge asset to our team and when any of our guests take the time to recognize any of our team members we are thrilled! We'll pass along your comments and we look forward to your next visit with us!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Stayed here five nights to visit my son at Ft. Leonard Wood - rooms were clean, people were friendly, breakfast workers were on the ball and very helpful. Hot tub jets were broken the entire stay, sand of some sort in the bottom of the pool (pretty gross), not much to do in the area (surprisingly, with a military base a couple miles down the road). An overall okay experience, BUT EXTREMELY disappointed that my sweater was left laying on the bed and when I called about it two hours after checkout, was told that it was never found. Hope whoever cleaned my room is enjoying my sweater! :(

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn St. Robert/Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Heavensmommie, thank you for the kind words regarding staff, breakfast and, and room cleanliness. We also appreciate your comments on our pool and hot tub area; we have addressed those. I am very sorry to hear about the sweater; if you would like to contact me directly I would be more then happy to personally look into this situation for you. My contact number is 573.336.3553 and my name is Janel. We hope that if you are traveling back through our area you will allow us another opportunity to serve you; including to help find things to do in our area. Being a small town, even with the military base, we can suggest some places to visit. Thank you for your visit with us!!

Reviewed 17 August 2013

After reading all these reviews here we booked the room with full confidence. But it didn't work out this time.

Upon our arrival (midnight) after 6 hours of driving we found that the room we asked for is not available and there's only one room left - accessible king on the 1st floor (#102).
Having no other choice we took it and found the worst room I've seen in the last 3 years of traveling - the smell was terrible (like someone peed there) and the air was stale and humid.
The clerk has agreed with us (about smell), but didn't have any other rooms available. So we had to sleep there.
Next day we were moved on the 2nd floor (220), which was OK.

No refund was offered for the 1st night, and the fact that hotel knowingly gives you the bad room is not acceptable to me, so I'm going to send complain to the HQ.

Overall the hotel looks pretty old and worn inside - bathroom doors in both rooms could not be closed w/o the loud squeak, and in 220 there was an area on the floor which was making pretty loud squeaks too - poor people beneath us.

So I'd really recommend to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peterhoff
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn St. Robert/Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

I sincerely apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We will look into the matter and contact you personally. Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention so that we may address them. I assure you that we are taking care of the things you mentioned.

Sincerely
Janel Rowell

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I would recommend this Inn to anyone staying near Fort Leonard Wood. The visually inviting outside appearance is continued in the main lobby. The pool is open 24 hours a day. The room was spacious and clean and the hot tub was wonderful after a long drive. Check the wall for instructions on use of hot tub. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was well stocked and tended to constantly with choices for everyone. If you leave hungry it is your own doing. We have stayed near Fort Wood at another hotel and would opt for this hotel should the need arise again. WELL WORTH the extra you may have to pay.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to opt for the hot tub!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank G S
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn St. Robert/Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

G S, thank you for the kind words about our hotel located near Fort Leonard Wood! We definitely have a unique look with our rustic lodge decor and we appreciate when guests take the time to notice, comment, and most importantly enjoy! We're so glad you enjoyed our hot tub suite - always a relaxing choice! We're also glad to hear our expanded breakfast hit the spot for you! Thanks again and we'll see you soon!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We were driving through and a booklet containing hotel coupons from the state welcome center! We were unsure what the place would be like with such a low price but it was wonderful! Great breakfast! Extremely clean rooms and a very helpful desk clerk who not only gave us a great hint for dinner but came into the pool to let my 5 year old know there was cookies at the desk!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Lynn F
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn St. Robert/Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

lm7503, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're so glad that you found us with the coupon and were wowed with your stay. Our chocolate chip cookies are a hit with young and old alike! We hope to see you again as you travel through our area!

Reviewed 25 June 2013

The previous reviews were spot on. Very nice Inn that had a lodge feeling. Rooms were very clean, breakfast was above average and the service was great. We would definitely stay there again.We did not use the pool but it looked very clean and well kept.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn St. Robert/Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for the kind words about our property! Our team strives everyday to make our hotel a home away from home for all our guests and we appreciate it when our efforts are noticed. Thank you and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 22 June 2013

In a town full of hotels (due to Fort Leonard Wood - army base) right down the road this hotel stands out as one of the nicer ones. The exterior is beautiful. The lobby is spacious and tastefully decorated. Check in was very easy. We were visiting my son for family day/graduation at Fort Leonard Wood. We had been traveling awhile and had to use the 1st floor public bathroom because we had arrived early and our room wasn't ready yet. It is too small - unisex; they need to put in a larger separate men's and women's bathroom. Room was clean; there was a large gouge/scrape in the wallpaper upon entering the room though. Breakfast was average - no meat. Since most of the people staying here are military families it would be nice if they would provide sausage or bacon. When I made the reservation directly with the hotel the price quoted was $89 per night; I had to drop the 2nd night off our reservation when I arrived and they upped the price of the first night stay by $10 (they said there was a rate change from the time I had made the reservation) but they did not inform me on check-in until I noticed it on my credit card. I then called and was told I would be given a $10 military discount and instead they billed me yet an additional $10. If there is a military discount they should ask people what the purpose of their trip is and then give it to them upon booking; many people might not know about it and never ask.

Room Tip: Ask for military discount when booking if you are a military family member; also get a room on the s...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
FortWoodHotelsGM, General Manager at Comfort Inn St. Robert/Fort Leonard Wood, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding our hotel. We always appreciate feedback from our guests! I apologize that you missed a meat item during our breakfast; we rotate between sausage, bacon, and biscuits and gravy as our featured hot item every day, along with scrambled eggs each morning. I will need more information to look into your billing question; I can be contacted at 573.336.3553 (ask for the Guest Service Manager or General Manager). We sincerely appreciate our military families and the opportunity to be a part of their visits to Fort Leonard Wood!