“Not well organized”

Crown Valley Brewing and Distilling
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stopped here for something to do on a Saturday afternoon, there isn't much to do in Sainte Genevieve. The place was pretty busy and you just walk into a big bar looking place with a little gift shop in front. No one greets you or anything so when you walk in it's a little confusing. We finally asked a girl and she explained we could sit anywhere at the bar or a table and try samples. They had some food for purchase and you had to pay for all the samples. The beer was like a dollar for a little 4 oz glass, the wine was more and liquors. We also each tried a mixed drink and a couple beers. The mixed drinks were very expensive and had the liquor and local made soda in them. I have a fizzy pumpkin tini with the pumpkin cheesecake flavored vodka and root beer I think; it was alright not great at all. The root beer was overwhelming, hardly no alcohol in it for 7 bucks. My boyfriend got some moonshine drink that was downright awful, neither one of us could gag it down. There were a lot of people there drinking and getting growlers filled. Neither one of us thought it was that great, not sure we'd go back.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We stopped here in the afternoon on a Saturday in March and the place was packed. I don't think there was any sort of event going on, just everyone trying to get out after a long winter. My boyfriend sampled 3 of their moonshines. He liked them. I got a small beer and it was good. We stayed inside because the weather wasn't quite warm enough to sit outside. Since it was so busy and loud, we only stayed about 30 minutes and then moved onto a more quiet winery. The food looked good.

1  Thank kids04
Reviewed 18 March 2014

The place was clean and nice to look at. Otherwise, the service was so slow. Don't show up hungry either. Food choices are slim. Beer was good.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Good beer selection. Decent beer with entertainment on weekends. Nice interior along with a nice patio outside where the band was. I only wish I would have tried the distilled products too. Located between Farmington and Ste. Genevieve, it's a must stop for craft brew. Nice views from patio too.

1  Thank Ray D
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Myself and my wife go about half a dozen times a year to the Brewery . They have a good selection of microbrew beers available. I like the October Fest beer the best it has a good aroma and hearty nutty taste. My wife prefers the apple over all else. The view is pretty and they have bands through out the summer. The food selection is not great and neither is the actual food itself. But we go to relax and have a few beers, overall it's a good relaxing time. They also offer tours and shuttle rides to their winery and to Spokes in town Farmington. Actually eat at Spokes then go to the brewery the food is good at Spokes so is the service.

2  Thank Brian A