“Make it a Dream Get-Away!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Georgetown Country View Estate

Georgetown Country View Estate
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sedalia
Georgetown Country View Estate
Ranked #1 of 3 Sedalia B&B and Inns
Texarkana, Texas, United States
“Make it a Dream Get-Away!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2013

Loved every minute of staying at this beautiful estate while attending the 33rd annual
Scott Joplin Ragtime Festival in Sedalia, June 5-8, 2013! Five minutes from all activities downtown...but a world away from the bustle. Felt like staying at one of my friends' luxury estates in any one of several European countires! Great homey feel, super owners....awesome little pool and spa area. Got me to the Amtrak station licky-split!!! Love!! Many thanks! Carol Collins-Miles, Scott Joplin Support Group, Texarkana USA

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CarolMiles999

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed here as our first stop on our bike trip from Clinton to Machens on the Katy Trail. The host (Tami and Joe) were absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! I definitely recommend this place if you are looking for a place to stay when biking the Katy Trail (and any other time as well!). It is a little ways off the trail but WELL worth it!!!! We had absolutely no trouble finding it and were able to bike to it easily...however if you have had an extremely long day biking or don't feel like navigating off the trail, they are more than happy to pick you up at the Sedalia Depot. The rooms were very spacious and clean and the whole house was beautiful and very clean. It was also a lovely treat that after a long day of biking that we were able to relax by the pool and relax our sore muscles in the hot tub. Again, I cannot emphasize enough how wonderful our host were!!! In the evening after we were done relaxing by the pool, since we had biked there they were more than happy to drive us into to town for dinner and then pick us back up when we were finished (they even ran us to Walgreens so we could pick up a few things)!!!!!! We were not able to stay in the morning for the wonderful breakfast they were cooking (had to hit the trail early) but there was plenty of continental type breakfast foods (cereal, yogurt, fresh fruit, homemade donuts, English muffins, muffins, etc.) for us to eat before we left. Plus, to top it off they had the cutest dogs!!! Can't wait to return for another visit!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank VictoriaM85
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2012

I bicycled the KATY trail Clinton-Machens-Clinton. I booked this B&B online for my first night after riding from Clinton. It is a few miles out of town in a beautiful country setting, up on top of a hill (cyclist will need to use their granny gear!). The facilities are first rate: swimming pool, hot tub, en suite bathroom, and the hosts are friendly and helpful. They advised me (accurately) about the weather the following day saying if I got off early the next morning, I'd beat the predicted storm by several hours at Katy Roundhouse campground, my destination. I was in my tent when the storm hit. I was the only guest at the time I stayed, and the hosts, Tammy and Joe offer cyclists rides to/from town and will pick you up at the Sedalia Depot on the KATY if you need it (I didn't). The owners have several very friendly dogs, one of which accompanied me a couple of miles to the highway and then turned back toward home the morning I left. The price was on the expensive side compared to the other B&Bs I stayed at on the KATY.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Merrill C
Mississauga, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

Many thanks to Tammy and Joe for their outstanding hospitality. The accommodations,property,facilities,food are all first class.If you want peace and quiet,star filled evenings and meeting some really nice people this is the place to go. Very close to Sedalia although you wouldn't know it. Fantastic.

Room Tip: Didn't get to see all the rooms. Ours was more than adequate.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Garry W
Manhattan, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I needed a room near Sedalia, and all hotels were booked for the State Fair. My employer reserved a room at Georgetown Country View Estate. It was a little hard to find (arrived after dark), but the accommodations were great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Grimsby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

TAmmy and Joe were the perfect host and hostess during our stay at the BMW motorcycle Rally in Sedalia. The extreme daytime temperatures, often over 105 degrees, took the energy out of everyone and their luxurious home and easy hospitality made a huge difference for all of us. I highly reccommend their B & B to anyone visiting the area. If there in the future, I will gladly re-book. Eric Taylor, BMW Rider

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Nixa, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Georgetown Country View Estates after a very long (and hot!) day of cycling the Katy Trail. Even though the owners offered to shuttle us from the Katy Trail, we opted to ride the very pleasant 3.8 miles from the trail marker at Katy Park to the B&B. The view from the B&B was beautiful, the place has quite a rich history which was fun to imagine while looking around. The hot tub and in-ground pool was very nice and enjoyable after such a hot day riding. Our room was very clean and comfortable- the private bathroom was a plus! It was very quiet and peaceful. The next morning we were served a lovely hot breakfast. The owner showed us the other rooms, and though we didn't have our kids with us, we saw that if we did- they would have had a blast! Some of the family rooms had bunk bed nooks (converted closets!) and I know our kids would have loved that! Two different "living rooms" with big screen TVs and well-stocked board games (and a Wii!) and books. If we are ever in Sedalia again, we will stay here!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Letty H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedalia
Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel
#7 of 8 in Sedalia
Laci's Country Inn
Laci's Country Inn
#1 of 2 in Knob Noster

Been to Georgetown Country View Estate? Share your experiences!