“Nice”

Econo Lodge Truman Inn
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Sedalia
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Very nice hotel,very clean.Staff was friendly.Room not ready when we arrived,but rearranged things so we didn't have to wait.A little pricey,but then again it was state fair week.Breakfast good,and pool clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Bob2020, Owner at Econo Lodge Truman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for taking out time for us.

There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge Truman Inn

Reviewed 8 July 2013

They lost our reservation then we had to take a smoking room, would not price match the room charged a awful price then there was no smoke detector in the room, mold on the shower curtain, then the dead bolt lock was broke came in our room without notification, then the entry key lock broke could not get in our room half the had to keep getting room keys redone or have someone let us in trough out our stay and the breakfast was awful they spilt gravy in the warmer and had to wait over an hr for more the floors were sticky and biscuits were cold this is at one of my top list hotels to not stay in especially for the price

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Layna L
Reviewed 18 March 2013

great hotel very clean ,comfortable, affordable the service was great 8.0-10.00 stars.it very quiet the manager Priti was very helpful after i had a bad experience at another hotel.the room are great the pool was clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 March 2013

I stayed there as I was doing a vendor show in stover and I was very happy at the stay. I went there and it was very quiet and the room was very nice. I checked out the next morning and the general manager was there and when I had arrived she was there and helped me bring my luggage cart in as it was snowing. I signed up for the choice rewards as I do a lot of shows in the area and kansas and iowa. I will be choosing choice propertys more as I was very impressed at the courtesy of the staff and then on Saturday Morning the manager asked if I wanted breakfast. I was so impressed with that as it wasnt time for breakfast. Thank you very much for making my stay enjoyable....

Room Tip: I was on the floor where the desk was and it was very safe
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jen831nathan

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We used this place because our son knows the owner. It's an old building, but when you first step in you see duo grand staircases leading to the second floor. The lobby are is very comfortable and attractive. We spent time at the pool and hot tub with our grandchildren, which was clean and enticing.
The room looked older, but neat. Appliances in the room were also older but worked with no complaint.
Room service was a little lacking (did not replace the coffee or cups during our 4 night stay) but not enough to keep us away.
Word to the wise - they will charge your credit card after the first night for your full stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Bonnie B

Reviewed 29 December 2012

We visited my daughter and son-in-law at Christmas. This was the most affordable spot in Sedalia, which is not known for it's stellar room accomadations. Check in was smooth as silk, and our non-smoking room was as advertised. It had no odor of smoke in the linens (a deal breaker for me) and an adequate yet aging king-sized bed. The bed linens left a little to be desired. For some reason they don't put fitted bottom sheets on the bed, and the mattress cover slipped off the corners both nights. The room itself was spacious, but the bathroom was cramped. The floor had cobwebs in the corners and the grout on the tiling looked like it was done by a third grader with 10 thumbs. (No offense to Third Graders intended) Sink was clean, but had rust stains in the bowl. Cups were provided but were not individually wrapped, which kind of wierded me out. Luckily we had our own with us. The bathroom door swung in, as is expected, but right up against the tub. There is a door stop mounted on the floor about center of the tub/shower. Stub your toe on this when you exit the shower and you do the 'unhappy hop dance' for a while. OUCH! Also, the room provided a mini-fridge/microwave combination that was very convenient and very clean. Fridge worked very well. Since it was Christmas time, the lobby was very well decorated and presented a nice holiday touch. Room heat was ample, but hard to get a finite temperature on. Also it ran constantly, not having a thermostat for control.
Breakfast room was available. Make your own waffles, bagels and cold cereal were offered. Juice machine was Apple only and did not work. Couldn't find the coffee pot. Pool and hot tub are available, but we didn't use them. Overall not a horrible experience since we only needed the room for sleep and shower, but not a place I'd truly reccommend unless you are thick skinned and can overlook things like I have mentioned.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is street level. Odd number units on '2nd' floor are furthest away from street noi...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Found roaches in bathroom, on nightstand, bed sheets came off all night. Heater only heated too hot or when turned off too cold no regulation of heat. Cold shower finally became luke warm after 20 minutes at 6:00 am. Disturb at 10:30 pm when another guest had been given key to room. Should have left but couldn't find another room.

Travel 1 - 2 nights per month on average worst hotel in 40 years. Contacted front desk. said management would get back with me... Still waiting Contacted Choice hotels Said they would get back with me Still waiting. Contacting health dept.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Sam S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedalia
Hotel Bothwell, an Ascend Collection hotel
Comfort Inn Sedalia Station
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sedalia
Best Western State Fair Inn
Laci's Country Inn
Laci's Country Inn
#1 of 2 in Knob Noster
Americas Best Value Inn- Knob Noster

Been to Econo Lodge Truman Inn? Share your experiences!