Econo Lodge Truman Inn
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
US$61
TripAdvisor
All reviewspool and hot tubmexican restaurant attacheddrive homecheer competitionstay there againcoffee potroom was largehotel roomfront desk personnelslept greatexcellent staystaff was friendlyprice rangeolder hotelkeytelevisionmicrowave
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We had to travel to Sedalia for a funeral at a moments notice. For some reason most of the places were full or filling up. We have stayed at several different motels in town and found them to be fair to OK. We needed a room for 3 nights and this place could accommodate us and another couple coming to town for the funeral. My first comment is on the speed bumps in and around the parking lot. Must have been a hundred of them. If they painted them yellow you could at least see them coming. They were in areas I could not figure why they were there.
The next thing was the outside door to the hallway was not lockable. So anybody could enter at any time into the hallways to the rooms. Not very secure. The bathroom was very small and no fan to let out the steam. The sheets on one bed was stained with a black substance. Not sure what that was. The TV had more blank stations than ones that worked. No TV guide in the room so it was a lot of channel surfing to find a channel. The door on the mini frig would not close unless you forced it shut. The pool was highly chlorinated. So bad that your eyes watered just being in the pool room. The pool room floor had black streaks in the tile and around the walls. At least the air conditioning worked. The fire alarm was hanging by its wires and I was not sure if it even worked.
If we return to the area we would consider staying in another town if this was the only motel with rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steven E
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Very nice hotel,very clean.Staff was friendly.Room not ready when we arrived,but rearranged things so we didn't have to wait.A little pricey,but then again it was state fair week.Breakfast good,and pool clean.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Bob2020, Owner at Econo Lodge Truman Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for taking out time for us.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

They lost our reservation then we had to take a smoking room, would not price match the room charged a awful price then there was no smoke detector in the room, mold on the shower curtain, then the dead bolt lock was broke came in our room without notification, then the entry key lock broke could not get in our room half the had to keep getting room keys redone or have someone let us in trough out our stay and the breakfast was awful they spilt gravy in the warmer and had to wait over an hr for more the floors were sticky and biscuits were cold this is at one of my top list hotels to not stay in especially for the price

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Layna L
Reviewed 18 March 2013

great hotel very clean ,comfortable, affordable the service was great 8.0-10.00 stars.it very quiet the manager Priti was very helpful after i had a bad experience at another hotel.the room are great the pool was clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 March 2013

I stayed there as I was doing a vendor show in stover and I was very happy at the stay. I went there and it was very quiet and the room was very nice. I checked out the next morning and the general manager was there and when I had arrived she was there and helped me bring my luggage cart in as it was snowing. I signed up for the choice rewards as I do a lot of shows in the area and kansas and iowa. I will be choosing choice propertys more as I was very impressed at the courtesy of the staff and then on Saturday Morning the manager asked if I wanted breakfast. I was so impressed with that as it wasnt time for breakfast. Thank you very much for making my stay enjoyable....

Room Tip: I was on the floor where the desk was and it was very safe
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business