“Wow -- a GREAT bargain hotel!”

Comfort Inn Sedalia Station
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Sedalia
Reviewed 8 June 2010

What a surprise to us when we arrived at this Comfort Inn, thinking it would be just another budget hotel in a small mid-western town. But, NO! It was a wonderful place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and well supplied with a fridge, microwave and coffee pot. Breakfast is served in the lobby, but what a breakfast! They have fruits (cantaloupe, strawberries, bananas, apples and oranges), cereals both cold and hot, eggs both boiled and scrambled, sausages, biscuits and gravy, waffles, bagels, muffins, raisin bread, fancy Amish baked banana and nut bread, coffee, tea, juice -- they thought of everything! The swimming pool is indoors, the water is warm and there's also a hot tub. Clean, with nice lounge chairs and a door to the outside so you can sit on a bench to dry off. Imagine our surprise, when we came back in the afternoon and found they were serving pies and iced tea! It was not a surprise to us to learn they were awarded first place among Choice hotels for 2010!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank torontojudy

Reviewed 24 February 2010

Was in town on business, and this place was recommended. Run by the friendliest people I have ever met. Great breakfast, flat screen TVs, free wireless internet and the pool looked awesome. What is really cool, is that as a guest you get a free pass to a full off-site workout facility with free weights, universals, everything. Can't say enough about this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank BaltimoreSun
Reviewed 23 March 2009

Just stayed one night but very pleased with the hotel. Everything was spotless and the staff was friendly, efficient, and helpful. Indoor pool was nice and well maintained. Three young grandchildren were traveling with me and the hotel was both kid friendly as well as senior friendly. The free wireless internet was as fast as any I have used in any hotel, ten times better than the wireless I recently used at another hotel that cost me $15/day extra. Did not use the business center or the fitness center so I cannot comment on them. The location on a major highway, while definitely not scenic, is convenient. The free breakfast included a number of hot items, not a true breakfast buffet but far, far more than more than a continental breakfast. I am a big breakfast fan and found it quite substantial. On top of everything, I got a great rate.

There are only a couple of minor negatives to note. The bathroom was really small. The hotel was in the process of replacing carpet throughout the building and there was the odor of new carpet or carpet adhesive in the hallway but not noticeable in my room. The weather was mild so I was able to open my window but did not notice it even with the window closed.

Overall, this hotel is an excellent choice. Will definitely stay there again the next time I am in Sedalia.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank whoknows987
Reviewed 2 December 2008

I have nothing negative to say about my stay at this hotel! It was clean and the staff was very friendly. My family and I slept GREAT because the beds were so soft! They had fresh baked cookies at the front desk, complementary coffee and hot tea in the room, and a Fabulous Deluxe Breakfast for FREE. We loved the biscuits & gravy and homemade waffles which they offered a variety of toppings for! The hotel accommodated my needs by allowing me to check-in a few hours earlier. We will stay at Sedalia Comfort Inn again!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank AprilKansasGirl
Reviewed 10 October 2008

This is a nice, clean, fairly new motel with an unusually good continental breakfast. The bathrooms are tiny--as in the motel's twin, the Comfort Inn Marshall Station--but I have stayed in Sedalia a number of times for work and feel that this is the best choice in town.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank sonofposeidon
Reviewed 25 March 2008

Our family visited Sedalia to cheer on my husband in a half marathon. We chose this hotel for the indoor pool and decided to make a weekend out of it with the kids.
We couldn't book online, but when I contacted the property directly, we were able to get a room. Since the hotel was almost fully booked, (who knew the middle of March was so poplular in Sedalia) we had to settle for a smoking room.
We realized when we got there the reason for the packed hotel. A LARGE group of boys attending a church retreat had the rest of the hotel. My husband, my kids and I headed to the pool. It was really crowded but the boys were more than polite and we still had fun.
The hotel was very accomodating to the large group and worked really hard to keep them fed in the morning. We were impressed.
The pool was small but it served the purpose. The lobby was very clean and even though our room was a smoking room, the smell was VERY faint. There was plenty of room for all 3 kids to mess around and we were very comfortable.
The service was great and everyone who worked there was really nice.
Great hotel, We will be back!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2008

I've spent three nights here this year, all one day at a time.

The staff is pleasant and professional. Rooms have all been fine with no issues. Plenty of hot water and clean. Enough outlets for computer and all other electronic gear that I travel with.

The wireless internet signal seems to be a bit week - a common issue while traveling.

Breakfast in the morning is typical of Comfort Inns I've stayed at with make-your-own waffles, biscuits and gravy to go along with breads, cereal and coffee/juice.

I haven't had time to explore the area much, but there seems to ba an array of dining close by as well as shopping.

Each time I've been there it seems that there are groups with kids. Maybe a school band thing or whatever, This isn't a problem for me, but just making note.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sedalia
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sedalia
Comfort Inn Warrensburg Station
Laci's Country Inn
Laci's Country Inn
#1 of 2 in Knob Noster

Been to Comfort Inn Sedalia Station? Share your experiences!