“steak salad not nearly as good as Lone Star; quantity over quality philosophy”

Colton's Steak House & Grill
Ranked #16 of 50 Restaurants in Sikeston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ballwin, Missouri
“steak salad not nearly as good as Lone Star; quantity over quality philosophy”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My experience at this Colton's was almost identical to what I experienced in Poplar Bluff, which is not surprising given how close these two cities are. I was hoping my experience in Poplar Bluff was an aberrant one, but it was not. This place emphasizes quantity over quality apparently. My steak salad was simply not in the same universe as the steak salad at Lone Star. Likewise, Longhorn has much better food than this place does. The steak in the salad in particular was not nearly as good as the steak at Lone Star and neither was the dressing or anything else. The salad here was larger, however, than Lone Star, but I prefer quality over quantity. Having given this place 2 chances, I won't be returning. The place was quite crowded and noisy and there are peanut shells all over the place as usual. Service was fairly slow, especially when it came time to deliver the check, which frustrates me quite a bit.

• Visited May 2014

Lapeer, Michigan
“Steak and shrimp”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I joined to friends at Colton's for a good meal before we set out on a week long bicycle trip out of Sikeston. They recommended it so it sounded good to me. The steak was cooked perfect!! Not to often do I order a steak rare and its cooked that way but it was and it was great!! The shrimp that came along were fantastic as well. I also enjoyed a beer with there bread.

I would go back to this restaurant any day it was wonderful!

• Visited June 2014
Columbia MO
“Great steak”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Had the small sirloin cooked rare and it was perfect! Had sweet potato fries and the caesar salad. They also bring fresh rolls to the table which were delicious as well. Good food and service!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank COMO1ColumbiaMO
Conroe Texas
“Horrible!”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Bad service. They seemed to be overwhelmed...but I just think the real problem is bad management. Waitresses kept saying all the help was cut to go home. But the restaurant was pretty full for 3:30. Food was not good. Burger made us sick. Tables remained unbussed the entire time we were there....the restaurant was a mess. Only good point was rolls... But they were pretty late. Different wait staff kept coming to our table, but they did not communicate: asked for unsweetened tea, got sweet. Asked for one ticket, got 2. It was just a mess. Don't waste your time. And believe me, it took a long time...

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank texastravler77302
Montreal, Canada
“Very good restaurant, portiions are just HUGE !”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Went there with a group of friends from Canada and we were all impressed with the portions. Every thing was fresh, good salads and I ordered the ribs, well I NEVER had such a big portions in my life Had to bring half of my plate home. Very good service, amicable, serviceable, very enthusiastic, and the staff was quick on their feet to serve our drinks etc. Excellent all and all.

• Visited April 2014