“Hey, how can you mess up Mexican?”

El Tapatio Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 51 Restaurants in Sikeston
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Recommended by hotel staff, it was late, we were tired, weren't up to Lambert's Cafe, so chose the path of least resistance just down the road.

Beef taco and chicken enchilada combo was good; the rice was better than the beans. But partner's "upgraded" steak chimichanga was tough, chewy, not real hot and not very saucy. The chips were good as a snack on the road next day.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

The food was good. I was craving Mexican and it satisfied my craving. That being said, it wasn't anything super special. The staff, however, was pleasant and funny. Most of the time, servers tend to ignore my 3 year old son. Not the server at El Tapatio. He paid attention to what my son was saying and even joked around with him a little bit. That's really what won me over. I'd go back if we were in the area again.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I ordered a quesadilla, which had cheese sauce on the outside, not just the inside. Flavors were good, but the cheese sauce issue made it too "heavy" and a bit too "soggy," for lack of a better word. When I've gotten quesadillas elsewhere, the cheese is inside and the tortilla is browned. Maybe just a personal preference of mine. The rice was very salty, so salty I couldn't eat it. The salad was fine. My husband ordered something else, although he can't remember what at the moment, but he was happy with his meal. He also got their jumbo margarita, which was excellent, but too much for him. He said he probably should have asked to see the sizes beforehand.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

I didn't go there because I had eaten too much at our motel's happy hour but my wife and son ate there and thought the food and service was great and the price very reasonable.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

I love coming here with family. They are very kind and fast service. They don't rush you to get done like most places and it is very affordable. This may be one of my favorite places to eat in Sikeston because of the people and prices. Hopefully ypu enjoy as much as I do!