“Keep on driving”

Comfort Inn & Suites Sikeston
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Sikeston
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We arrived late with no reservation, no rooms available at the Drury Suites so we tried this hotel. This place is a dump. I saw so many things in our room that hadn't been cleaned in a LONG time, even the toilet seat lid looked like it had been wiped with a dirty rag. Come on - an inch of dust on top of the hair dryer holder?? Yuck. Stained furniture and carpet. I could go on and on. Breakfast was pitiful, hardly anything there. Skip this place, Cape Girardeau is just up the road.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Stayed one night. Good location near restaurants, far enough from highway to be quiet, staff friendly & helpful. We had a reservation & were bumped up to a suite. That was very nice. The only disappointments were that the sofa was so stained we did not want to sit on it, & the carpet had a stain in front of the sofa. Also saw a reddish stain on the bed skirt. Small bathroom, with minimal clearance between the door & commode. Some dark areas (mold?) on shower curtains around the magnet corners. Other than that the room was nice. I do wish all hotels would catch up with the newer, more sanitary trend of not using worn old bedspreads. I just don't trust that they are washed between guests (maybe I watch too much "Hotel Impossible," & if one is on a bed I immediately take it off.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We spent one night here while making our way down south to Memphis. It's located close to I-55 and there's several restaurants within walking distance. Check in was quick and easy and our room was warm and comfortable. We were given a handicapped room since it was the only king bed room left. The only difference was a very large bathroom. Mini fridge and microwave was in the room as well. The bed was comfortable and the water pressure in the shower was fine. They have an indoor pool and hot tub along with a continental breakfast included with your stay. We enjoyed our stay and would gladly return the next time we're in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We had a good overnight stay here. Staff was efficient, friendly, and helpful. The room/suite was spacious with micro, coffee pot, and frig (important for us, as we have to keep medication cold), clean, and well appointed. The bed was comfortable, also important for us. Nice flat screen TV. Breakfast was adequate with various choices, including waffles, eggs, biscuits, gravy, yogurt, fruit, etc. Good location and close to restaurants. All in all, a good stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed here for two nights while attending a family reunion 21-23 June. The hotel was easy to get to and right off the interstate. It is across from an Outlet Mall and there are several eating establishments all around.
The exterior is well kept and clean. There was adequate parking and the lots are well lit. The interior looked well maintained. We did not use the indoor swimming pool or hot tub but based on the people we did see there I would guess both were fine.
Check-in was quick and efficient. We were greeted with friendly hellos and had no problems.
Our room was clean and stocked. We had plenty of towels, cups, and coffee. The beds and covers were adequate and the standard Choice Hotel fare. The ice machine was located on the ground floor along with a few vending machines.
The breakfast area was busy both days and had a little variety. The one waffle maker stayed busy and they had both plain and blueberry mix. A second waffle maker would have been beneficial to everyone waiting. Other than the waffles, you only had a choice of a few pastries, instant oatmeal, bananas and apples, and cereal. Juice, milk, coffee and water were the drink options. If you are looking for anything more than this then Burger King and McDonalds are next door and a few other places are located close by.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Our check in guy was friendly, helpful, gave us lots of information, and an upgrade on the room. The room itself was quite sufficient. Comfortable bed, nice bathroom. The couch in there - well...it's seen better days - but we weren't there to spend time on the couch.

We tried to have breakfast there the next morning but it was so crowded we wound up going to Burger King. Check out process was friendly and painless.

While not the newest in town or the fanciest, it was clean and nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Since I spent some years as a child in Sikeston, I wanted to take my wife to the world famous Lambert's cafe. I was shocked when I walked in the front doors. One of the nicest receptionist I've ever encountered. He was extremely busy, but made time to really make me feel welcome. The room was huge and super clean. The bed was very comfortable, and less than 1/2 mile from Lambert's. My wife and I went across the street to the outlet mall and did some shopping, then off to Lamberts. Please see my review on that! Overall, this was THE place to stay in Sikeston Missouri.

• Stayed: June 2013