Pear Tree Inn Sikeston
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$102
US$65
  • Free Internet
Quality Inn(Charleston)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdrury inneggssausagepretzelsbeer and winefree beerone nighthot breakfastthe noise levelgracious staffbiscuitsthird floorpositive experiencehappy hourbagelsroom was cleandown the road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Great price, nice rooms, amazing breakfast, free soda and popcorn. When we arrived I was told on the phone the only room with 2 beds was a double room. We had 4 people, 2 kids and 2 adults, and when we got in the room it was very little. No way 4 people could stay in there. I went to the front desk and made sure there were no other 2 bedroom rooms and was told no. while sitting and eating the popcorn the desk clerk, Scott, came over and said if we wanted more room he could move us to a suite if the kids could sleep on a sofa bed...free of charge. The suite was amazing, more than enough room for us. I couldn't believe they cared that much about my stay, but I was 100% satisfied with my service. Breakfast was also great. Overall, best service I have had at a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Yellowricki
Reviewed 30 September 2010

This hotel definitely... took me back. That is, I felt like I was back on my family vacations in the 90s, because the decor looks like it hasn't changed since that era of pastel patterns and gold lamps. I'd still recommend this hotel, though, because they delivered where it mattered - clean rooms, friendly staff, and a free airport shuttle that didn't leave me waiting more than 10 or 15 minutes. I was glad for the free afternoon drinks, too!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2010

This is my second stay at a Pear Tree, a spin-off of Drury Hotels. This property was actually quite nice! Great breakfast (with eggs, meat, biscuits & gravy, etc), and what was really strange... you get drink coupons when you check in. Yep. They serve wine or beer in the evening, and you can get up to three of either with your coupon. Nice.

The staff were very, very nice, the room, while older, was clean and comfortable. Quiet too.

I think Drury's on the right track with this "Pear Tree" spin-off. I look forward to checking out more of them. Beware the "Thrifty Inn" just behind here (apparently related to Drury)... it looked much more run down, and not at all inviting.

Just a short trip down the road is Lambert's, a great place to eat.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2010

My partner and two Pugs drove from Chicago to New Orleans for the Labor Day weekend.

We stopped over one night at the Pear Tree Inn in Sikeston, Missouri. I believe this hotel used to be a Drury Inn but is now a Pear Tree (owned by the same company). The Drury Inn next door is gorgeous and brand new.

We arrived around 11:30PM and they put us in a first floor accessible room. The carpet had some stains and it was dated. The cleaning person could have dusted a little better. All in all, it was a comfortable hotel. The people were very, very friendly and I loved not being charged additional fees or deposits for my dogs. I would definitely return again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ckdjr60301
Reviewed 19 August 2010

Our experience with Drury Inns have been very good. This was no exception. Very pleasant and helpful front desk. Good breakfast. Comfortable king bed. Quiet. Clerk recommended Lambert's Cafe (the home of throwed rolls--what a riot!) but also warned us that we need to be hungry to go. It was right down the road, and we were way too full when we left. Recommend that restaurant for "an experience"--and go when you're hungry! About the hotel rates, we were told that this one weekend in August when the rodeo is in town each year is the only time the rates go up (those folks book that weekend for the next year too). We were there the night before the rates went up. Highly recommend this hotel for this location.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple