“Not old, mature and well cared for.”

Pear Tree Inn Sikeston
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sikeston
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Our second stay, and our experience met our expecations. We checked in, friendly desk staff, and received our coupons for the free drinks at Happy Hour, and went to our room. The lobby from our floor gallery looked classic - real character. Our room was just great, but with the biggest old TV we have seen so far. Two chairs, a comfortable bed, and a quiet room heater/air conditioner made for peaceful sleep. The bathroom was huge - twin sinks on a long counter, and a separate toilet and shower area, all spotlessly clean tiled. They obviously care about appearance.
The price was not too high, similar to nearby hotels with high quality reputations, but the Pear Tree easily beat them on value for money

Room Tip: Two stays and two good rooms - perhaps they are all good?
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 November 2012

We chose to stop here again because we enjoyed our visit a couple years ago. Good location, reasonable rates, comfortable beds and room. Funny, though, we were in about the same room location as before but we don't remember being awakened by the elevator "dinging"--so that kept us awake late and woke us up early. Breakfast is always pretty good with a decent selection--besides the usual cereal and toast/eggs, they offer biscuits, gravy and sausage. Always a nice staff. And of course we had to eat at Lambert's, Home of the Throwed Rolls, right down the street! Small outlet mall across the street (where we were able to find a very nice, cheap swimsuit for the whirlpool). Would stay again, but will request a room away from the elevator/open lobby.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sportsbarne
Reviewed 25 November 2012

Sikeston just happened to the convenient place to stop on our way back from New Orleans to Chicago. The people here (Wal-Mart stop for snacks) seem really friendly even at nine at night. We did a few Expedia scans for prices and the Pear Tree seemed slightly high but fair considering the pool (which we didn't use due to the hour) and other amenities. Since I travel quite a bit I suppose it is a tad unfair to compare a hotel in central MO to other places I stay frequently. I certainly understand the occupancy rate isn't high nor the margins. That having been said, any national chain with a modest room can compete. The hotel reminds me of an off the strip budget hotel in Vegas from 1984. CRT TV rather than a flat screen, no blanket on the bed but just a bed spread and sheets. In short, I'm being picky but for $80 a night I shouldn't feel like I need to take a black light to the room. As I lay here, I think I shouldn't for my own peace of mind. Lastly the fact that my wife checked in and her not asking not withstandig who has to full beds rather than two queen size????? It's a good thing my kids and my wife and I like each other a lot!

Room Tip: Shop around.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael M
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn Sikeston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We always appreciate hearing from our guests to help us provide better customer service which is our number one goal. We were sorry to read about your perceptions, however, pertaining to the overall cleanliness and furnishings in the room. The Pear Tree Inn is a former Drury Inn and has the same high quality standards as all other Drury hotels. We also have ongoing renovations to enhance the entire hotel. Among those enhancements is our bedding. We apologize that the customary blanket appears to have been missing from the room. This is highly unusual. We also apologize that you were not informed of our room types which include rooms with one king size bed or two double beds. Our Drury Inn & Suites in Sikeston (under the same management) which is located next to us does have rooms with two queen beds. We do hope you will give us or our other Drury hotel a try again your next time through the area.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stopped for the night as we had been driving all day, and the Drury Inn was next door but more than I wanted to spend. We got a suite, and it has a living room w two chairs, (one recliner) and sofa, the a seprate bedroom. The pool was indoor/ outdoor, didnt use, but did use the hottub, whivh was just right. The hotel is a older Drury Inn, and it's not the newest thing around but it was clean, and very quiet. The breakfast was included, waffles, bagel, eggs biscuits/gravy... all very good. Glad we stayed.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I always try to stay at a Drury Inn. Pear Tree Inn is owned by Drury. Pear Tree doesn't serve any type of dinner. They do serve the same great breakfast, popcorn at night, and drinks at night. This hotel was very nice just like the Drury Inns. I slept great here. Would stay here again if Drury Inn Sikeston is full.

Room Tip: The only bad thing about this hotel is that they don't have automatic doors. Otherwise a GOOD h...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Had to go to Sikeston for a funeral and the newer, nicer Drury next door was full, so they sent us over to the sister Pear Tree property. The rate was good. The water in the shower was hot. That's about all I can say positive about this hotel. The room was nasty. I could write my name in the dust of the TV tube in room 201. The bedspread was warn to the point there was a hole in it, and there were crickets in my room. It looked like no one had cleaned behind the nightstand in a year but you have to look back there to plug in a cell phone charger. Not a good experience.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
DruryHotels, Manager at Pear Tree Inn Sikeston, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2012

We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and do want to reassure you that we take all comments and concerns seriously. We pride ourselves in exceeding expectations and apologize that what you encountered was not the high quality standards to which our loyal Drury customers have become accustomed. We are happy to hear you were pleased with the rate, but apologize for the worn bedspread. We are in the process of changing out all of our bedding and hope you will be pleased on your next visit. We have addressed your comments with the housekeeping and management teams. We truly appreciate your business and do hope you will give us another try.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Booked a Drury e-saver rate. Checked in after 8 pm for a one night stay.
Pros: Staff very friendly and helpful. Clean bathroom. Balance of hot/cold items at breakfast. Cons: Bed too soft. (I prefer a firm Tempur-pedic.) Carpets in room and common areas worn and not clean looking.
I didn't use the pool and checked in too late for snacks. Adjacent property has check-in at Pear Tree desk. Don't know if rates or condition is better there.
Overall, okay for a cheap, one-night stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family