“Unexpectly surprised”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sikeston
Sikeston
“Unexpectly surprised”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

This was my first time staying at a Pear Inn. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast really good. The pool and spa were in better condition then most of the Hilton hotels that I stayed in on this road trip. I will look for this hotel brand on my next trip. Camille

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Camille S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Kankakee, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This Inn is awesome! Starting with reserving online saving you time and money.They are a Go Green Inn. Upon check- in, the front desk staff( are always so pleasant) offer fresh popcorn and a very good selection of beverages including soda pop, tea and coffee. The evening snack counter and large dining area is a plus. The swimming area is very good and the hot tub is great! Vening machines(pool area) and ice machines on each floor are very nice. The location is of the Inn is excellent because you are near the Interstate. McDonalds and Burger King are in walking distance. Lamberts restaurant is an amazing restaurant to dine while visiting. After a busy day, the clean and comfortable rooms make for a relaxing night sleep. The breakfast menu is awesome! The breakfast hosts are so courteous.This Inn is one of our family favorites. We could not imagine staying anywhere else. Oh! the drink card... well, well,well. Give 'em a try, you will like 'em.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the parking lot (Toward the Drury inn) sunrises are nice. We like the first floor rooms...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Diane Toocute H
Reviewed 27 July 2014

At the end of June we checked in. The staff was so kind and helpful. When I travel normally kids and me no husband so it can be difficult. I have two disabled kids. Nope this was easy. The room was great, staff awesome, and every thing was easy. I even loved the evening service. Thank you. I am glad I stayed. This was my third time and each year I will continue to stay as I go up North. No for Trendy and that is what I love. I get a family atmosphere and homey feeling.

Room Tip: Stay away from the middle first floor this year we were in that room and the chlorine can be a littl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank christel s
Shell Knob, MO.
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night. Quick and very friendly check in by Chris! He called our room 30 minutes after check in to make sure everything was satisfactory. Comfortable room, and quiet through the night. Breakfast was tasty, and plentiful. Scrambled eggs, cereal, biscuits and gravy, waffle machines, and several other choices. We didn't take advantage of the evening drinks & snacks, or the pool. Our room was in the pear tree, not the thrifty inn. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Wytheville
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Pear Tree Inn in Sikeston, MO was a pleasure. The staff was friendly and the room was great. They had an old type TV - not plasma or LCD - but the channel selection was very good. The Managers Reception in the evening was good; selection of food and drinks was good; the Breakfast in the morning was also good. Only thing I can say that was out of the ordinary was that we had asked for a KS room and got one with 2 dbl beds.. but for one night .. it was OK.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Longview, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here last year and loved everything about this hotel--staff, breakfast, room, cleanliness. This year, I learned a few things.

1. I called to book a room while we were driving from Michigan. The person on the phone told me that I can almost always get this hotel cheaper by booking online. I appreciated the honesty!

2. If you're booking online, and book any room that says "outdoor corridor," you are actually booking a room at the little hotel behind it called Thrifty Inn. I did not realize this, and was rather disappointed when I arrived. This was MY error. However, the ever so patient man at the desk, Scott, was kind enough to change my room to one in the main building AND let me keep the rate I booked with. He did not have to do that, but I was so thankful that my asthmatic husband didn't have to lug bags up the stairs at the other building (there is no elevator there!).

3. The pool was beautiful, clean, and temperate. We didn't spend as much time there as we would have liked because there was a group of more than 10 people crowded around the outside part of the pool (it is indoor/outdoor) drinking beer from several ice chests full. They were being loud and were even harassing another guest who was there. It was rather obnoxious and I had my children with me. That was not child friendly, and this interaction will certainly play into my choice next year when we drive through Sikeston.

4. The air conditioning was nice and cold! Thank you!

5. Last year we slept well and were rested upon our departure. However, this year we were awakened suddenly at 7:10am by a horribly loud noise. I looked out the window to see a man cutting the concrete with a saw in the parking lot...right outside of our window!...at 7am!! Well, there is no getting children back to sleep after something like that, so we got up. When I checked out that morning, and the desk attendant asked how our stay was, I mentioned this incident to her. She got rather defensive and said, "Well, I don't know what you're talking about! Our maintenance men don't even come in until 8!" Well, I didn't imagine it. And if you look outside of the window to the ground behind room 218, you'll see a cross-shaped cut in the parking lot by the edge where cars park. This incident will also play into our decision next year.

6. Breakfast at this place is, hands down, the best we've had on our trips. There is so much to choose from: eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, fruit, donuts, bagels, pastries, oatmeal (not instant!), walnuts, raisins, granola, yogurt, waffles...and more that I cannot think of. There really is something there for everyone.

We did enjoy our stay, but not like we did last year. We stopped in this year because we are loyal when we find a place we like. However, I cannot guarantee that we will be so loyal next year.

Room Tip: Don't choose "outdoor corridor" when you book online. This refers to the cheaper hote...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Pear Tree Inn Sikeston, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I want to start off by saying how sorry I am to hear you had some issues while a guest at our Pear Tree Sikeston location. We pride ourselves on customer service and were very disappointed that you didn't enjoy your stay. I apologize for the noise issue and response the next morning. With that being said, I am glad to hear our staff took care of the misunderstanding with the reservation when you checked in. Thank you for all the nice things you said about our hotel, and we will definitely look into the concerns you had while you were here.We hope that you will try us again in the future.

Carla Norman
Dallas
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Well I try and be objective when I write these reviews. If I go expensive I try to view it upscale and rate accordingly. If I go cheap I try and differentiate between expensive and cheap and rate accordingly. I've never given a 1 rating in my over 40 reviews. I try and find something positive in a place because usually there is. But this place is my first 1 rating. This was probably one of the most disgusting hotels I've ever stayed in. And believe me I've stayed in some dumps. I was driving from Texas to Indiana and arrived late. After a very curse welcome from the guy at the front desk I got to the room and it looked like something out of the 60's and it was dirty. I pulled back the covers on the bed and it just didn't look like the sheets had been changed. The sheets looked like they were made by my kids. It looked like the bed had been slept in and not made very well. But it was after midnight and i had been driving for hours and was ready to sleep. It's not possible that a Drury Inn hotel would not change the sheets after the previous guests left, is it? I got up the next morning and pulled the covers down and on the cover was a huge hunk of hair. I've attached a picture. I could not get out of that dump fast enough. I'll never ever go to a Pear Tree again. And I'll drive through Sikeston Mo the next time no matter how tired I am. Drive down the road to Marion IL or Rend Lake or Blytheville. Drive right through Sikeston. Oh and by the way this room was $103. So not that cheap.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Rowlett9105
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I would like to apologize for all your concerns while a guest here at our Pear Tree Sikeston, MO. We do take all feedback seriously and will definitely look into the issues you brought to our attention. We pride ourselves on our customer service and good clean rooms. I'm sorry that you experienced these type of problems during your stay with us. We truly appreciate your business, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs and deliver an outstanding guest experience.

Carla Norman