“Worst Motel EVER!!!”

Country Hearth Inn - Sikeston
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Sikeston
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Avoid this place at all costs. Even if it's the last place avaiable stay in your car and drive fast away from this place. We booked this motel on line a week befor we left for our Spring Break vacation. The web site said newly remodeled room with 2 queen size beds. For myself and my wife and 2 kids I thought this would be perfect and the price was right. The reservation was made I had my confirmation in my hand which stated 2 adults and 2 children for a room with 2 queen sized beds at a specific price. When I got to the counter the the person had his print out which stated only 2 adults and no children so he was going to give me a different room for 2 people. When I showed him my confirmation he said fine I give you that room but you have to pay X amount more. It was late I took the room beds uncomfortable we slept 6 hours and left. End of story. Can't wait to see Visa bill to see what I was actually charged. STAY AWAY

Room Tip: Stay across the street at any of the other hotels
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Mike F
There are newer reviews for Country Hearth Inn - Sikeston

Reviewed 25 March 2012

This motel was cheap. Small rooms, clean but nothing exciting. Would not stay here again. Pay the extra $5 and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Bob0409
Reviewed 10 March 2012

There are way to many things for me to mention about the horrible serviced we received while staying at The Country Hearth Inn. I think probably the worst part about this was we noticed that atleast in our room that if you stand outside the door u can look through the peep hole and see straight through into our room. I told them about this and one of the clerks told me "I don"t understand english",. I spoke to the manager next and he told me it was not a big deal, it was probably just missing something in it. Be careful if you stay here u just might be being watched in your own room.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed 25 September 2011

The hotel clerk at this hotel does not understand customer service at all. I checked in and got my room. I turned on the light and saw a bug run across the counter and then disappear (not sure what type of bug). I went back to the counter and asked for a different room. I was told that they did not have bugs and the clerk went in to the room and did not see the bug. I stated that I still wanted a different room. He told me that he only had a better room and that I would have to pay $5 extra. I said that I would be willing to take a refund and go somewhere else. He backed down and gave me the other room without charging extra. Given the poor customer service, I do not think I would go back to this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank Buick1_36758
Reviewed 12 September 2011

In December 2010, I took my aunt to look for a reasonable hotel to stay in because her heater went out. I walked into the lobby of this hotel at 10:30 pm. The lobby area reeked of cigarettes! Horrible! So I rang the bell anyways to check on a room (crazy I know after smelling the smoke). The answer I got was a yell from a room by the front desk of the clerk or whomever saying, What do you want?!?!! Needless to say, I left and found a much nicer room for my aunt across the street! If you don't mind the smoke and the rudeness, well the rooms are cheap...so go for it!

• Stayed: December 2010
4  Thank weezie97
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Formerly another chain location, this place was not shown in advance on any site listing accomodations in Sikeston. The $35 and up a night sign was well visible from the street though.
I went in a day early to be sure I would get the teaser rate, and I did. The problem was that while the older man, (obviously the management family patriarch) who greeted me was all over me, claiming loudly he had the best place in town and showing me a beautiful room with a 37-inch TV, that isn't what I ended up with at all when I did check in.
Instead I dealt with a younger, indifferent family member and was put into an oversized room with a Jacuzzi, with an ugly sign indicating it didn't work. The regular sized TV was actually quite far away from the bed, some of the lights didn't work (I had to get a new bulb from the desk) and the room in general seemed dank.
The continental breakfast was one of those lousy, sugared up ones. No artifical sweetner was offered and when I asked, was told they just don't have it. I've never understood how any chain motel can ignore a good percentage of the population which uses it, but this does happen. No business center or public computer was available either.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Quaker0ats
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Arrived in Sikeston in a driving rain. The outside looked good and the sign said that they had what I was looking for at a good price. The clerk did not appear to be a native American and was not easy to understand or particularly friendly.

I got a room without first checking it out (BIG MISTAKE). When I got into the room the carpet was soaked. There was water was coming in around the window and running into the air conditioner. I went to the front desk and asked for a different room and was told no. The clerk was very surly! He did look at the room and was rude to me and my wife. When I suggested that he return my payment and we would go elsewhere, he said "No Refund", and if I continued to complain he would throw me out. He did give us another room, which was dry and reasonably adequate (typical of budget motels).

The motel advertised free WIFI. That was not totally correct. WIFI was not available through the Country Hearth but we were able to log onto the system of the motel next door (his instructions).

I doubt that I will ever say at another Country Hearth Inn.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple