“Terrible.”

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Sikeston
Rhode Island
“Terrible.”
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Incredibly rude service, starting with charging extra for the 2 beds that I had requested when making the reservation. There were dirty rags in the bathroom, it was smelly, and there were roaches, very dirty hotel overall. Rushed us out the door, normally a hotel will give a few extra minutes to get our things gathered, but opened the door and stood there until we were out. We will NEVER stay here again, and would recommend that this hotel be condemned as a very poor representation of the fine town of Sikeston.

Room Tip: Stay away at all costs. Spend a little extra to stay at one of the surrounding hotels, or stay on t...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank johnboy1978

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 February 2013

This hotel owner tried to scam us out of two beds. He said we didn't pay for 4 people despite the receipt. When I threatened to call Hotwire he started screaming. Hotwire couldn't help us because they said he didn't refuse any room. After he screamed at them on his phone Hotwire called me on my cell phone. The hotel manager then asked for MY cell phone to talk to Hotwire. I refused to give him my phone. He eventually gave us another room that smelled like mold and smoke. This is the worst rinky dink hotel I've ever stayed in, and I've been all across the US. The only redeeming thing about this town were the other hotels and Lambert's Restaurant. Even so, I won't be staying here ever again. STAY away form this place.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank RyanWood1975

Travellers are raving about these Sikeston hotels

Victoria, Illinois
Reviewed 17 December 2012

hadn' t planned to stay here, but glad we did. owner was very nice and made sure that my mom and i had rooms next door to each other. very nice rooms and furnishings. smoking room had been scented....a bit much, but i have a cold and it beats the crap out of some of the chain motels that smell like the curtains had been smoked. the pillows weren't the soft fluffy sort, they sort of reminded me of cement bags that had gotten wet, but at least there was some stuffing in them. they are pet friendly with a reasonable charge ( i have a rottweiler). in reading some of the other reviews, i believe that the facility has undergone some major remodeling. i, too, was unhappy with the no breakfast (and i was down there early). the owner was a bit difficult to understand, but we had coupons and he honored them for the king room i requested. this place is head and shoulders above the motel 8 in front of it. nice location if you are wishing to visit the outlet mall. i didn't notice the curry smell others have remarked on and it is not an odor i like, either. i will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
usa
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We stayed here for one night on a road trip. When my husband went to check in, the owner/manager told him that we had no room. We showed him the receipt and told him we wanted 2 beds. We had to pay $10 extra for that. He was VERY rude during the whole transaction. We said we would look at the room and see if we wanted to stay and if not, we would like our $10 back. We were told if we opened the door to the room, we were not able to get a refund. It was late so we decided to stay~like idiots! The room smelled horrible. The bathroom was dirty. The whole place was just terrible. I would not recommend to my dog! Do yourself a favor and book elsewhere!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank nfrerer
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Rooms were decent and appeared clean. Bedspreads and the like were recently refurbished. They claim to serve breakfast from 5:30 to 9:30, but this is a blatant lie as they clean-up at 8:30. Kind of annoyed that I paid for breakfast as part of my stay and was robbed of it completely. Somebody must have been cooking curry upstairs as the hallways reeked of it.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank LNelin
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Bottom-Line: Like entering the twilight zone of disrepair and merely adequate. If you like the smell of ash trays, this might be your kind of place. For my family and me, next hotel, please.

Purpose for the stay: A place to sleep on a two-day road trip between Chicago and Louisiana. It was a trip with my wife and children.

The Room: It had two double-beds and was alleged to be non-smoking. The bathroom had a shower, but no tub. The shower and the sink area, which was located in the doorway entrance, were relatively clean given the condition of the room. I was grateful that the cups were plastic and sealed in plastic wrap. The room has a refrigerator, a desk, and a TV. There was a dresser. We were there for less than 12 hours, so none of that stuff really mattered. We just wanted a place to sleep.

So the real problems are as follows:
1. Upon entering the room we found that the a/c was not turned on. I appreciate that the hotel would want to save electricity, but this was a very hot night when we arrived. We'd called at least two hours before stopping so they could have turned on the a/c when the room was reserved. The a/c took at least an hour to get to a comfortable temperature.

2. Now for the worst part of the stay: the bed sheets smelled like cigarette smoke. Although the room did not wreak of smoke, it was obvious that all of the sheets for the hotel were laundered together. My family and I can't stand the smell, and it was definitely an impediment to a good night sleep. Although we did not attempt to change rooms or have new sheets, my wife, who checked us in, had the impression that to do so would have been futile.

3. The hallways wreaked of stale air and cigarette smoke.

4. The entrance has a sign posted stating that we needed a key to unlock the door. This was a lie because the door, which may or may not have a lock, could not be latched to the doorpost. Anyone can walk in. Not good.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank detailwatcher
Illinois
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This was my 3rd time staying at the Country Hearth Inn. The 1st two times weren't bad so I figured the 3rd time would be fine as well. I was wrong! There was an old man behind the counter that looked at my mom funny when I was checking us in. On the walk to our room the wall paper was ripped & partially fixed with masking tape. Our room smelled like Indian food (not to our liking). There were brown stains on the mattress' box spring. The sheets had some spots on them and other areas worn so thin you could see through them. There were no extra pillows like in years past and there was no blanket on the beds, just a sheet & comforter. I went to send my 2 kids in to shower but there was no shampoo or soap, there had been the last 2 times. We went to dinner and when we came back, we went in the side door to the building where the stairs were. The door was broken and didn't lock so anyone could have walked in off the street. My child spilled the suitcase and when picking stuff up, found lots of "dust bunnies" under the bed like it hadn't been vacuumed in years. When we went down to the "free continental breakfast", the milk was not cold and the pitchers were not full of OJ or milk. The apples were bruised. The cream cheese for the bagels was in a container of jelly which was warm (I thought cream cheese was sold as refridgerated?!!) My mom opted for just a cup of coffee, but there was nothing telling us which was regular and which was decaf. She took a guess and said the coffe was just ok, when she reached the bottom of her cup, there was something floating in it (looked like flakes from the inside of the coffee carraffe). I have to return in a month and already booked all of us at the Comfort Inn across the street, it's parking lot was full this morning & ours was empty. Buyer beware.......

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family