“Dirty, filthy, run-down, smelly, crack-hotel feel”

Country Hearth Inn - Sikeston
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Sikeston
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Dirty, filthy, run-down, smelly, crack-hotel feel to this place! Carpeting is stained and dirty. Towels are old, stained, & dirty. Beds are old, dirty, and stained. Walls are old, dirty, and stained. Bed spread full of hair. We cannot even force ourselves to stay here another minute! the shower curtain had blood on it. The toilet was beyond words it was so nasty. The room was hot and the A/C did not work. My mom ended up getting sick because of the air in the room. when I went down and ask for a refund I was told no and that I could leave but I was not getting my money back. The manager was very rude and nasty. This place should be shut down by the health department. We ended up leaving and going next door. My mom left her glasses in the room and when I went back to ask I was told they had already rented the room and found no glasses(it had only been 30 mins). Worst place ever.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Triggs2014

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This is the worst hotel imaginable. No one speaks English and if you try to reach a person staying there you are either told they are not there or they hang up on you!
I booked a room for $58.00 and the following day after checkout I was told they were charging an additional $65.05 for Internet and phone.
No one used the phone or had a computer to use the Internet! When I told the manager I was not paying it and would dispute it on my charge - he threatened to call the police!
These people are crazy, filthy, and do not speak English.
RUN do not walk to a different Hotel - Super 8 is on the same lot and run by very nice English speaking American people!
This hotel should be closed down!

Room Tip: Try the Super8 on the same lot - pleasant English speaking - American people run it!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank BMCC2014
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The outside sign is flashing - New Rooms, Cinemax, HBO, free breakfast. Well, there is NO HBO or Cinemax, the furniture was old and worn, the shower is held together with big globs of God knows what. The shower head if 4 foot from the shower floor. The cream cheese for the bagel was an open container that EVERYONE uses. The owner is sneezing all the time - you feel like you are in a germ factory. For 25.00 it would be a port in a storm - but for 60.00 I was ticked.

I am writing Counrty Hearth after this to report how misleading their advertising is.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank lange1
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Terrible. The place smelled funky even in the non-smoking rooms and the entrances were unlocked and questionable. The staff was extremely rude and gave us call early in the morning to ask if we were staying another night. When we told them no, they came pounding at our door reminding us check out time was at 11:00. (it wasn't 11:00) What kind of a place feels the need to give two reminders to leave on time? Well don't worry, we weren't planning on staying a moment longer than we had to. I'd rather sleep in my car than this dump.

Room Tip: if you do decide to stay, take your phone off the hook so they can't call at 8:00am to remind yo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank David L
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I travel a lot in my work and normally stay at least 2 days a month in hotels. I've never met an owner so rude. It didn't help that I arrived at 12:30AM but if you're in that business you have to expect people asking for a room at all hours. I apologized for waking him but he was having none of it. He huffed and puffed and practically threw the room key at me. I couldn't get on the internet and called only to be told "COME TO OFFICE". I did and he had a slip of paper on the ledge with the password but not a word was spoken by him. Upon checking out in the morning I confronted him about his rude behavior and he smirked and said "COME AGAIN" Needless to say I won't. The hotel itself is not the worst I've ever stayed at. It has the normal amount of wear and tear. The hallways were insufferably warm as usual. The advertised price of $35 of course wasn't honored. Missing bathroom tiles, etc. I tried staying at the Drury Inn across the highway but there was no vacancy again (2nd time). Next time I will stay at the Super 8 next door.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank bthor76
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This is an inexpensive, clean, quiet hotel. No frills. No tub. The shower was perfect for my 5'5" frame. My hubby's 6'5" frame would not fit. The staff was OK, their command of English was somewhat lacking. Breakfast was sparse. It was not perfect, but we were only there for about nine hours...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Despite the bad reviews we read before we booked this hotel we found this hotel to be a pretty nice place. The manager was friendly and the room was very clean and cozy. However, if you were planning on staying for more than a couple of nights I probably would stay at a different place.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple