“Not pleasant”

Super 8 Smithville Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Smithville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Emporia, Kansas
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We make 3 to 4 trips to Smithville, MO. each year to visit family; especislly round holidays. We always choose the Smithville Super 8 for our accommadations; because the staff is warm and friendly. They always try to accommodate you anyway they possibly can. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Super 8 is the best value for your dollar.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eugene W
kamil786, Manager at Super 8 Smithville Lake, responded to this review, 30 November 2012
Thanks for your review, we would love to have you back again.
Fulton
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Everything was neat and clean at this Super 8, but in my humble opinion, it was not exceptional. Staff were courteous and helpful also. I would stay here again without hesitation. My evaluation: Very Good.
I have stayed in a few Super 8's that I'd consider exceptional, and a number that I would rate considerably lower. This one is a good choice, and the staff works to make you welcome. Perhaps I was expecting more based on the very positive Trip Advisor reviews I read before I reserved.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
kamil786, Manager at Super 8 Smithville Lake, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
Thanks. Please come see us again.
Omaha
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I wasn't looking for anything beyond a clean quiet room and I got that, but I also, after only one night, walked away with a new hope for humanity. I had a long conversation with a disabled, oxygen-tank-toting veteran on a scooter in the lobby who LIVED on the second floor of this Super 8, after having lived in one assisted care facility after another. It turns out the ENTIRE second floor, 52 rooms, are inhabited by other disabled folk who apparently find the Super 8 Smithville Lake to be more of a home than anywhere they've lived in a long time. This gentleman actually said that the staff looks in on him everyday and when I mentioned this to the desk attendant she brought me to a room behind the office to show me the 18 security cameras situated in and around the property, there to secure the safety and well-being of the revolving clients as well as their live in tenants. The economy has been tough and this Super 8's answer to staying afloat has been to give warmth, hope and home to a community of 52 on the second floor but they still made plenty of time for me. God Bless America!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Thanks for the review, Please come see us again.
Kearney, NE
Reviewed 30 August 2012

I am handicapped and traveling by motorcycle. I was welcomed like a long lost family member.The staff went out of their way to meet my needs. Everyone was very pleasent. I will put this hotel on my favorites list.The only negative is no luggage car. However they arranged for me to have a room right inside of the end door.

Room Tip: Very quiet facility