“Impressive, most impressive”

Ranked #31 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Impressive, most impressive”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Needed a place to stay for the Black Friday deals. We called the hotel directly and asked about poet friendliness. The receptionist gave an honestly happy answer along with the fee. They also offered a military room rate for active duty which was a HUGE plus. When I arrived, I was told the room was extended stay style and has a stovetop and fridge and microwave. It was awesome so I got my hands on some stuff to make easy dinners and saved a ton of more cash I didn't have to spend eating out! The room was nice and had two nice double beds. There is also a free laundry facility too! I was absolutely happy with my stay and my wife and family enjoyed it so much that we want to make our trips to Springfield one to two day things since we live almost 2 hours away and we can also enjoy Nixa and Branson.

• Stayed November 2013
Sarah S, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Springfield South, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Sargemarti-Thank you so much for staying with us! Being a property designed for extended stay we get a limited number of holiday travelers, so we were happy that you chose to stay with us and we hope that you were extra rested and nabbed some great Black Friday Deals! Thank you again and we'll see you this Black Friday!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jacksonville, Texas
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Springfield after a full day's drive and were exhausted. The young lady at the front desk greeted us cheerfully, was very efficient and had us checked in short order.

We love to stay at the Candlewood Suites as they are Pet friendly and often waive the pet fee for our Ms. Scrappy.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stayed here for one night while on a business trip. On the day of my reservation, I got a call from one of the managers who offered me an upgrade. Unfortunately, I missed the call and only got her voicemail so by the time I called back they had already given the upgrade to someone else. Still, I was pleased they would take the time to offer one to me. My room was clean and had all the amenities typical of a Candlewood. I didn't try out the fitness center, but when I looked in at, it looked small and like there wasn't much equipment. Overall, I had a nice stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Illinois
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Very basic hotel...no perks except coffee, which is fine...the only complaint was when we opened the window the carpet smelled like feet...didn't smell with the ac on, but with the window open not a good smell at all. Plenty of places to eat within walking distance and the stuff in their pantry was priced very reasonably and there was a good selection. Very good location and easy to find.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank buck2904
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Springfield South, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Dear buck2904,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you appreciated the our location. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with our facilities. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I sincerely hope you stay with us again in the future so we can show you just how exceptional we can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
Missouri
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I booked a room at Candlewood on E. Kerr St. for July 19 arrivaling from the airport 12 midnight or later. Well, we were so tired we drove to the other location at 2800 N Glenstone Ave. and checked in. The man at the counter didn't have a booked room under our name and he suggested we call the Southern location. So we checked in because we were to tired to drive to the other location. I called E. Kerr St. and talked to a VERY NICE and understanding women, she was going to call her Manager and clear it with her so we wouldn't get charged for a room at that location too. She called me back at Glenstone and had taken care of everything in a very professional way. I am SO thankful for them to understand and not charge for a additional room since we made a big OPPS!!! So much for flying into Springfield so late at night!! If we do go and stay in Springfield again we will try the KERR STREET one!! GREAT PEOPLE!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
West Plains, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night. Our daughter was having surgery at a nearby hospital and we wanted something close to the hospital. The staff was very friendly. My kids liked the movies you can borrow for free and watch on the dvd player in the room. Oh....the hotel does not have a swimming pool but the staff told us we could go to their sister hotel and swim for free. :)

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the top floor. This is something we always do every time we travel.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PriceKatie
Payson, Arizona
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after a long day of travel from New Mexico. Called in reservation while driving in from Joplin, MO late night. Was able to get a room for $80 after several Marriott hotels had tried to gouge us for $145. The room was spacious, clean, quiet, and had comfy mattresses. The kitchenette was nice too even though we did not use it. Since this is a suite set up to cook your own food there is no complimentary breakfast in the morning which was okay. Only complaint was that for a non-smoking hotel the hallway smelled a little smokey.

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple