“A surprise in the Midwest”
Review of Mijuri

Mijuri
Ranked #99 of 686 Restaurants in Springfield
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A surprise in the Midwest”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I have eaten Sushi all over the USA & abroad. I was very pleased with the service and the ambience of the restaurant. I am on a low sodium diet. When I asked if they had low sodium soy sauce I was told they did not. After I told the server that about my diet, he said he would make a batch of low sodium soy sauce. I was very pleasantly surprise at that. The meal topped that. One of the best Japanese meals my wife & I have had. It compares favorably to our usual Sushi place at home. We had an Imperial Guard Roll. Shrimp, eel, avocado & tobiko, wrapped in tin foil & heated over a flame. WOW!! I recommend the place to everyone.

• Visited June 2013

Springfield, Missouri
“Superb cuisine!”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Every time that I am in the Springfield area I try to stop by Mijuri's for their lunch special. The sushi is ALWAYS fresh and the sides are delightful. Perfect size lunch. I encourage you to try this restaurant. You won't be disappointed!!!

Nixa, Missouri
“Great for lunch!”
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Visited here with a group of coworkers. I had driven past it many times but never gone in since the exterior is a little "blah". But the inside was lovely, and they had plenty of seating for our large group and quick service.

• Visited August 2012
Monett, Missouri
“Better than I expected!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My hubs and I recently visited this great restaurant after reading all the reviews here. While I had my hopes up pretty high, It was actually better than I hoped for!

I had a Raspberry Martini and my hubs had a Sapporo and we both had the Miso soup for our appetizer. Right away, I was impressed. The soup was richer than any other Miso soup I have had.

For our main course we ordered the warm Sake, Dynamite roll and Green Mussels. The Sake was very impressive. It was smoother than most. The Dynamite roll was really delicious with the avocado pressed on top and pretty too with all the different colors of roe. It was served with a strawberry as a garnish, which was a nice touch. The Green Mussells are to die for! They are served on half shells and sprinkled with the red Roe. This is simply the best Green Mussels I have ever had!

I think I found my new fav sushi spot!

Shawnee, KS
“Exceeded Expectations”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We were driving from KC to Branson on Friday evening and had a sushi craving. I was a bit nervous to try a place without a personal recommendation, but after reading some reviews online, we picked Mijuri. From the outside, it doesn't look great, but once you step inside, it is delightful and inviting. We had excellent service and the rolls were fabulous! My husband and I shared 6 rolls and we were stuffed. I was really impressed by the prices and the quality of the fish. We will definitely be stopping back by here for dinner on future trips to the Ozarks.