“Flashback Fun!”
Review of 1984

1984
Ranked #4 of 29 Fun & Games in Springfield
More attraction details
Owner description: 1984 is an 80s time machine! All original 80s video games and 80s theme'd hangout. Pinball for 50¢. Entry Admission is $7.50 per person. Your admission is an all-night pass, no cost for re-entry on the same night. We also have Party Rooms for rental, and we do Private Events. Please call to book in advance. Find us at 400 S. Jefferson across from the downtown YMCA.
Saint Louis, Missouri
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Flashback Fun!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We made a return trip to Springfield for 2 things: Springfield Cardinal baseball and 1984! My kids, 13, 10, & 9 are huge fans of this establishment! $5 covers your admission for unlimited arcade play. Dig Dug, Pac-man, Ms Pac-man, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, Frogger, BurgerTime, Q*bert, Tetris, and many others! Who can resist? My boys were excited to get their initials on several of the consoles and everyone is respectful of time limits and play. Recommend!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank arznasun1

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“great family fun”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We found 1984 on trip advisor and it sounded right up our ally with myself and my wife growing up in the 80's and our son who is all about video games so we included 1984 in our vacation plans. We had agreat time, we arrived at 4:00 when it opened and we stayed about 2 hours and had a great time. I would recommend to anyone that enjoys video games and the 80's.

Springfield, Missouri
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Blast from the past -”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

What fun this was - done in true arcade style. A gamers paradise. Most customers were courteous to share the more popular games and not stay on any one too long. Disappointed that the q-Bert was not the classic original but many others were. No quarters needed - just pay at the door unless you want to play pinball then you need quarters.

Visited February 2014
Ozark, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Sharing my childhood with my kids”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I love this place, it reminds me of when I was growing up and going to the arcade and now I get to go again and bring my kids with me!

We have gone many times, its hit or miss with the crowds, but even when its crowded you can still play games, just not cycle through different ones as fast.

Beat the high score, you get your name on the board and a button (they reset this board occasionally), but beat the legendary board and your name stays there until someone comes along and beats it (this has better perks for getting).

The guys running the place are really nice and even if you have someone in your party that does not play games, there are places to sit comfortably and relax/wait.

Occasionally there will be games that are broken and out of service, but they fix them quickly so it should be working on your next visit. I once went and told them that the joystick was messing up on the Scrabble game, and they fixed it right then!

They let you leave, so since this is downtown, you can step out and grab a bite to eat then come back... They have food/drinks there...

You can find free parking, but you will have a small walk to get here, they do not have a dedicated parking lot.

$5 for unlimited play while they are open... you cannot beat the value!

Kansas City
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“A video gamer's delight”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

1984 has taken over four store fronts and packed the resulting space with a wide variety of games. For $5, you can play video games until your wrists fall off. Customers are good about not monopolizing the machines, playing a few games then moving on to give others a chance to play. All of the old classics, Pac-Man, Centipede, Missile Attack, and the one that began it all, Space Invaders. Among many other options, you can drive a tank, fly a P-38 over the pacific, or pilot an X-Wing against the Death Star. There is a snack bar, and pinball machines cost an additional $0.25 per play.