“It was cheap!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
Detroit MI
“It was cheap!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

My room smelled of mildew. Having a restaurant with a bar in the hotel was nice but nothing special. It was clean, minus the odor and it had a passable breakfast but don't expect much. The staff was pleasant. This is about what I expect for the price I paid.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tiffiany C, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, 21 October 2012
Mike,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay! We are very sorry that the room smelled like mildew. We are in the process of updating all of our rooms. We hope the next time that you are in town you will give us another chance and come in stay in one of our new rooms! If there is anything I can do for you please feel free to contact me at the hotel! Have a great day! Hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
O'Fallon, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

We had a nice time at this hotel. We had a suite with jet garden tub. The gym area is out in the open for all to see but only the treadmill really works. The free breakfast was good and clean area to eat in. The employees were very nice and helpful with all our needs. This is an older hotel and at some point there was smoking allowed but I dont think it smelled. Great price, Great people and met our needs :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tiffiany C, Manager at Lamplighter Inn & Suites South, responded to this review, 18 October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your previous stay at our hotel. I am over joyed to hear that you had a nice time at the hotel and enjoyed the king garden suite. I have taken note of the workout facility and will be making the needed changes. I will also share your kind words with my staff. We look forward to having you visit us again.
Kearns, Utah, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

The NON-SMOKING room reeked of stale cigarette smoke. But worst of all we saw a ROACH!!! BEWARE! If you go in you stay you will not be going home alone! I was unable to complete my stay. It is right next door to a strip bar (some may think this is okay but I didn't). It did look like they did try to pretty up the place, and the service was pretty good, not great but, pretty good.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Julie-
I am terribly sorry to hear about your stay at our hotel. We have taken all of your comments seriously to improve our hotel and the training of our employees. Since reading your comments we have gone through and inspected the entire hotel and have not found any evidence of roaches. However we went ahead and took the precautions and sprayed the entire hotel. We would love for a second chance to show how our hotel is supposed to be. We are undergoing renovations of the rooms and would love for you to stay in one of them. For any questions please feel free to call the hotel. We hope to see you again.

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

For an older hotel, the rooms are very nice. The exceptional staff goes out of their way to help you. The housekeepers are friendly and go out of their way to help you. They have a popular restaurant, Ziggies, next door that is really good and gives you a discount for staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Tony-
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment about your previous stay. It is always a pleasure to hear that my staff is going beyond what the guest expects. I will be sure to let everyone at the hotel know of your kind words! Can't wait to see you again!
Springfield, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

My daughter and I have been staying at the Lamplighter Inn and Suites South since July 11,2012. We came here while waiting for our home to be available. We were having great financial difficulty and we were going thru a very difficult time in our lives due to the death of my husband and the whole relocating process to springfield, missouri from Eagle Rock, Missouri where we had lived for many years. We survived day to day never knowing from one day to the next how we were going to pay for our room here at Lamplighter.With the assistance of many different churches and the awesome staff here going above and beyond what was required or expected of them we are down to only 4 days to get thru before our big move into our home. I want to tell each and everyone of you guys on staff here...Tiffany,Ryan,Jessie,Audry,Allison,Chaunde and the amazing housekeeping team that kept our room clean and always made sure we had everything we needed. I never approached th front desk at any time day or night that I wasnt met with complete respect and kindness. Many mornings at check out time i had no way or money to pay the room yet the front desk would allow me extra time to try and come up with it and by the grace of God we always managed to. God bless each and everyone here for your compassion and kindness you have shown us. You will never know just how much it means to us. I completely recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: All room are great here!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Chelsea S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012 via mobile

This is an older hotel but it is right off of I44 and an excellent value. Great swimming pool for the kids. Free breakfast was great. There are many restaurants close by..shoneys, cracker barrel. The only thing is that our room was labeled as a non smoking room but it smelled like smoke. My suggestion to the hotel would be to replace the carpet.

• Stayed August 2012
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

I was so disappointed! I booked my room based on the reviews I read, but they are way off. Our room has such a strong mildew smell it nearly knocked me over. The desk chair was stained and had cigarette burns. There was mildew on the window sills and the walls were paper thin. Not only was there noise from the other rooms, but the traffic noise was horrible! In my book this hotel is a miserable fail! Just wish the ratings I read had been more accurate.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business