“Average motel room”

Ranked #10 of 11 Springfield B&B and Inns
Kansas City, MO
“Average motel room”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

It was quiet all night and the staff always was ready to help me. I had set an alarm clock and I was woken up the correct time. I just read all the other reviews, but I did not have any of those problems. I found no bedbugs in my bed and found no bites. The hotel room seemed like a simple nice room. It provided a king bed, tables, chairs, cable TV, and a bathroom. The towels, room, and carpet is clean. The breakfast was donuts and coffee. They also had cereal and milk, but I sticked to my coffee.

I would stay here again. The price was average; approx. $50 for one night.
I would recommend this motel to anyone who is looking for simple clean room. I always felt safe while I stayed in the motel.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 20 July 2012

We arrived to motel, which from the outside look ok. The prize for a room was 59 usd, we got told from a 11-12 year old boy. Filled out the paper and got the key.. Went down to the room.. Which was a terrible experience... It smelled like mold, the bathroom was dirty, the room was cramped. We went back to the reception complaining... They wouldn't give us our money back, but offered us another room. New key and down to look at that... NO DIFFERENCE!!!
They still wouldn't give us our money back.. We hadn't been there no longer than 10 minutes.. We ended up with half our money back after and a lesson learned... Check the room in cheap motels!!! Will never stay there!! And wouldn't recommend it to nobody, not even my worst enemy!

• Stayed July 2012

Travellers are raving about these Springfield hotels

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed 10 June 2011

I stayed at the Inn for an extended stay and in the explanation of it we were told that there would be high speed internet and doughnuts for breakfast with cereal. During our extended stay there were doughnuts maybe 2 out of 7 days and corn flakes for cereal. Maybe they cater directly to the diabetic but who in their right minds crave plain corn flakes? The internet was not reliable which we needed for our business contracts. Communication with management was frustrating and almost impossible. When it was necessary to communicate a 10 year old boy was called to answer my complaint. Room maintenence was incompetent. Our sheets were changed once out of 7 days. There were bugs. Especially spiders in the room and luckily the cockroaches stayed outside. The room smelled like mold and a smokers paradise. Even the refrigerator reeked of smoke. The carpet was sticky from the humidity and mold. Absolutely awful beds. Each bed in our room had a cave in the mattress causing us to wake up with back ache. Dont stay here. There's a new Days inn on Glennstone that is a about $15 more but definitely worth it for a better experience.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank johnnyb85
Lebanon, Missouri
Reviewed 1 April 2011

Our room smelled so bad when we left we smelled like the room!! The carpets was very dirty, the sheets on the bed had lots of holes, the shower curtain had brown gross stains, the bathroom door would not close, no blow dryer, no alarm clock and the pillows was so thin we had to use 3 each to sleep! I will never stay here again! Very yucky hotel!! Not worth the money!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2011

First let me began by sayin dat the pictures they hav on the internet are not in no way what the actual room looks. The bedwas sinkin so was the flooors the rooms smelled of mold an mildew there were open sockets with wires hangin out the channels were very limited. an the the family dat runs or own da hotel were rude and un concerning this hotels is very rundown an shabby an not fit for anyone to stay in so please take. Da time to read all the reviews on dis place

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank jamicaafox
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 7 November 2010

The Battlefield Inn is a great value for the budget-conscious traveler. The hotel had everything we needed: adequate room, comfortable bed, quiet at night, free continental breakfast, and convenient location. The family that runs the hotel was pleasant and very helpful. We left a bag in our room and they called us to come back and get it even before we had left the city. The TV channel offerings were limited and there was no iron or ironing board in the room, but those were minor disappointments. In general, the hotel greatly exceeded our expectations, given the price.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Silex, Missouri
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Stayed there 3 nights, as we were working in Springfeild. After the first nights stay i informed the owners that I had been bitten several times by some kind of bug. I asked the staff ( several different employees) for new sheets to make sure they were clean. i never recieved the sheets so I insisted they switch my room. I stayed one night in that room and contuined to get bitten. my roomate did aswell. i asked for my money back and explained that these bugs were probably in my clothes and luggage. They gave me $40 even though I had paid $220.

Stayed October 2010, travelled on business