“Nice Hotel, Hard Beds”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dixon, Missouri
“Nice Hotel, Hard Beds”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

The hotel was very nice and very well decorated. The room was very clean and had all of the amenities that you come to expect from a Hilton property. Being the new style of rooms that HGI is going to everything was great except the rock hard mattress. We stayed there during a Christmas shopping trip due to it location to the shopping areas in Springfield. After the day of shopping we checked in, looking forward to a comfortable night sleep. We were so wrong the mattress is a new style that is to have an adjustment for the comfort level. Well it did not seem to work the bed was as hard a rock. We managed to get a few hours of sleep, but work up feeling like a truck ran us over.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel with better mattresses.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cave Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 19 November 2011

This property is located very close to the heart of shopping and dining - but you'll still want to drive vs walk to these activities. Easy access to James River Fwy and to Hwy 65 toward Branson. As previously noted, rooms are appointed with nice decor, comfortable bed, fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Didn't hear any of our neighbors. Really enjoyed "chillaxing" at the nice outdoor fire pit area with comfortable seating. Complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby. Breakfast buffet will run you and extra 10.00 p/p -- didn't try it but it smelled really good. Also has a bar/lounge area where you can get an adult beverage and catch the game or catch up on the news on their flat screens. Didn't utilize the pool or fitness center so can't comment on those. Definitely making this property my "stay place" when I'm visiting Springfield.

Room Tip: Our room was on the back side of the property which faced the woods vs the front side which faced th...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Brand new, clean hotel with excellent service. Room seemed pretty standard for a new hotel (I I expected a little more of a wow factor) but it was clean. The heating/air unit is a little noisy. The breakfast in the morning was excellent and the staff could not have been nicer. I forgot my power cord for my laptop and the hotel fed exed it to me the next morning (at my expense). I really appreciated their courtesy and promptness in returning it to me.

• Stayed November 2011
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 2 November 2011

My husband and I stayed here in September 2011. New hotel, clean, reasonably priced and friendly staff. Lots of places to eat and shop just down the street. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Missouri
Reviewed 2 November 2011

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Springfield recently on a business trip. I don't know my way around Springfield very well, so I chose this hotel because it's very easy to get too from the highway and it's very close to many shopping and dining options.

The rooms are in excellent condition and furnished very well. See my included photos to get a good view of a typical guest room. Rooms have sleep number beds, and they are very comfortable. They also include a fridge, microwave, and free WiFi.

I only have a couple negatives to point out about my particular stay. When checking in, I was not welcomed as a Hilton HHonors member. After looking up the Hilton HHonors information when I was back at home, I noticed that gold members at Hilton Garden Inns have the option of a free breakfast. Had I known this, I would have made an issue of not being welcomed as a gold member, because the free breakfast would have been nice to have.

Finally, the other issue is fitness center hours. When working in Springfield, I was at a work site until well after 9:00pm. I was looking forward to hitting the fitness center when I returned to the hotel. I arrived at my room and got changed to head to the fitness center. By this time it was almost 10:00pm. When I picked up the services guide to find out where the fitness center was located, I discovered that it closed until 10:00pm. There's no reason to close a fitness center that early. Hilton Garden Inns are supposed to be geared toward business travelers, so they need to be more flexible with hours on services like the fitness center, because it's common for people to work long hours while on business travel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Fife, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2011

.... not great.

Just a one night stay however not off to a great start when trying to find this hotel, seems that the area they are in has re-named streets so I ended up a couple of miles away scratching my head until I called the hotel and they gave me a completely different address, once I had this I found it fine.

Check-in was pleasant, I actually found all the staff here particularly friendly and helpful, definate asset.

However, room I was allocated had the most uninspiring view I've had for a while, window straight onto the air-conditioning units fo the hotel (I should have clicked that they would be noisy !!!).

Room itself was good, clean and well laid out. TV was excellent, one of teh best quality of picture hotel tv's I've seen for a while with a good channel selection. Sure there was a fridge and microwave also.

Bathroom was a good size with shower over bath, usual shampoo, soap etc. Have to mention sink water pressure though, it's terrible, shower was great though. Oh, and flushing the toilet for the firat time is an experience in itself, imagine flushing an aeroplane toilet the multiply it by 10. Just be prepared the first time you do it .......

Then, the actual room air conditioning, would have been quieter sitting on the runway of an airport, very noisy. Tried switching it off, however did not seem to work and it came on periodically all night. Coupled with the the units outside my window also it turned out to be a difficult sleep.

Very good business centre for printing boarding cards etc.

Early start the next morning, so did not have breakfast, however the 2 ladies on the desk where very helpful & even went off and got me a cup of coffee (nice touch).

Overall, this could be a good hotel but eh air conditioning would put me off staying again when in the area.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room away from hotel air conditioning units .....
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 15 October 2011

We were just travelling through Springfield on our way from Minnesota to Tennessee and after several hours in the car we needed to relax. We found everything we needed at this hotel: A clean, comfortable room, a bar with good drinks, and a very nice selection of appetizers that served as our dinner that night. Since it was a Sunday night the hotel was very quiet and we had the patio to ourselves as well as a very attentive and friendly waiter. Since we had been cooped up in the car all day it was especially nice to be able to relax on the outdoor patio during a beautiful balmy, moonlit night. The location of the hotel was very accessible from the freeway and easy to find with our GPS. My only complaint was that the firmness adjustment of our bed didn't seem to work and I had been looking forward to trying this type of bed.
I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple