“The Very Best”

Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was the very best hotel chain I've ever stayed at while traveling. Hilton Garden Inns are clean and well kept. Will definatly stay at this chain whenever travelling. I'm also cutting up all my other hotel perk cards!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Chris B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had such a great time during your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Springfield

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My husband and I decided to take a little trip up the Springfield and we were debating between this hotel and the Doubletree. We checked the Hilton first and we didn't need to go any further!
* The hotel room was incredibly spacious and clean.
* The pool was clean and quiet.
* Definitely go for the hotel breakfast! It was so delicious! They added the price onto our room and it was a third of the price!
* The fitness center was very clean and there was a nice range of machines and weights!
* The staff was so friendly, and suggested places for us to go around town.
If I had to say ANYTHING less than good about this hotel it would be that the shower pressure wasn't great and the bed, although claiming to be adjustable firmness, really just seemed firm no matter what. But anytime we pass through this area, I can assure you, we will be staying here again!

Room Tip: Splurge for a Suite :) It's worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had an amazing time during your stay with us. I'm sorry about the beds, they do lean heavily towards the firm side no matter what. We have pillow top sheets that go over the bed to help with that problem. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This Hilton Garden Inn is very convenient and safe location, beside the James River Freeway. The location is off path which makes it short on visits and rooms are more available. The hotel was clean and prepped. The bed was hard as one review pointed out and the pillows were very soft. We had a glitch on our heat which it ran for a cycle every five minutes and otherwise it was a nice place to stay. We would recommend it for many reasons.

Room Tip: We booked on Travelocity and not sure their regular rates.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Chris B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time during your stay with us. Our location really does offer easy access to the southside of the city, while still being secluded enough that you escape the hussle of the city. Our beds can be a bit on the firm side, and I'm very sorry about that. However, they are adjustable thanks to a setting dial on the side of the beds and we also carry pillowtop covers that can be put on the bed if it is still to firm. I hope the next time you visit the area that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Friendly front desk staff. Our first room had a strange odor (and too much air freshener), but we were promptly given another room and free breakfast vouchers for the inconvenience. We had a king suite. Room was nicely appointed, very clean. Loved having the in-room Keurig coffee maker. Room service was prompt and friendly. We ordered a cheeseburger, which was huge and plenty for us to split. Free coffee, tea and cookies in the front lobby. Good TV service. This place is doing everything right. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: We had a king suite with microwave, fridge and Keurig coffee maker.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had such a great time during your stay with us. The Keurig coffee makers are a new addition to our property, and everyone seems to be throughly enjoying them. I hope the next time you visit the area, you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stay almost exclusively at Hilton properties when I travel, whether it be business or pleasure. I'll even walk a few blocks to a conference if it means I get a Hilton property. The staff here is to be commended for being helpful and responsive to guests. I called a day ahead to add a day to my reservation and Meredith was very helpful and made it happen effortlessly. During our stay, we needed extra towels and Stephanie made it happen instantly, but also asked about the rest of our stay. We had breakfast for two mornings, and Kyla was our server both mornings. She recognized us from the previous day and specifically referenced a comment we had discussed the prior day. Desk staff, cooks, servers, and others were all outstanding. Hilton should be a proud of this Garden Inn as a standard bearer of excellent service.

While the service was outstanding, unfortunately there were two things which prevent me from giving 5 stars instead of the four. Neither is controlled by the staff, but is something management should give serious consideration to changing. First, we asked for a roll away as our travel party included teenagers and we do this frequently at Hilton properties. I was told there is only one roll away for the entire hotel and it was already in use by another guest. I would think a small investment in a couple more might go a long way towards improving guest experiences.

The second item was the shower heads. While I commend the LEED Gold standard the hotel received, it should not be at the expense of guest experience. The low flow shower head was too low. I tried the five different settings on the shower head, only to be disappointed five times. Low water flow meant taking a shower that was at least twice as long (though seemed longer) in order to get the shampoo and soap thoroughly rinsed.

If the poor shower flow doesn't bother you, then you will enjoy the excellent, service oriented approach from the outstanding staff at this property.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm glad to see that our team members did such a fantastic job taking care of you and your family while you stayed with us. I'm very sorry about the water pressure in the shower being so low. We are LEED certified, so there are many features in the hotel that are there to help us maintain that certification. But, we never want any of our guests to be put out due to those features. Our engineering team can quickly make any adjustments to water pressure if there is an issue. I hope the next time you visit the area that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

The toilets sound like a jet taking off and the bed was terrible.a;ldfjas;lfjds;lfahs;lfdhsj;fdsah;lfsdaj;ldsakjfa;lsjfsd;alkjfasd;lkfdja;sfkjas;ldjfasdfkjsaldkfjsad;lfkjasd;djs;alfksjdf;ldsajf;alsjfasd;ljfds;ljsda;lfjas;ljkfsa;lfjsa;ljfd

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that the bed was terrible and the toilet was so loud for you. Our beds have an adjustable feature on the side that does allow the firmness to be adjusted. We also carry pillow top mattress covers if the bed is still to firm. I hope the next time you visit the area you will give us a second chance and choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Staff is exceptionally prepared to meet the needs of the guests. They are all courteous, knowledgeable and helpful. The rooms are well furnished and comfortable. The service was excellent and check in and check out were handled quickly and efficiently. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Chris B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time during your stay with us. Our staff loves what they do, and I'm glad it shows. I hope the next time you are in the area that you will choose to stay with us again.