“Not so much”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Chicago, Illinois
“Not so much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

A group of us stayed the weekend of April 25th. The Front Desk people were very nice but not at all informative when it came to night life. Luckily we were able to find a few places to eat on our phones. The hotel sits exactly opposite from the downtown area. Suffice to say we were annoyed that we had to make a separate trek just to find some night life. The next morning the housekeeping staff was chomping at the bit to clean our room. We left the room so they could clean. We went and got breakfast only to return to the room to find that our keys (all 3) were demagnetized. This was a little annoying, but the Front Desk agent was very understanding and prompt. We left for a few hours and found when we returned that there were no towels. We called the front desk and they told us that housekeeping was "not answering". After a few hours we finally went to the front desk. We asked to speak to the Housekeeping manager. He was not there. We asked to speak to the front desk manager who was "out of town with friends". We finally resolved the towel situation, but this still left a bad taste in our mouth.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sean G
Chris B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry to see that you had such an unfortunate experience during your stay with us. We want every guest who stays with us to have a great time, and we failed to provide that for you. I will discuss the issues regarding the towels and the overly zealous housekeeper with our Executive Housekeeper. I'm very sorry for these issues, and that our location did not work well for your needs. I hope the next time you visit the area you will give us a second chance to make it up to you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I always enjoy Hilton Garden Inns. They do the important things right: 1. Good bedding, 2. Good, free internet, 3. Food available. The hotel is clean and new. The staff is always helpful. I appreciate the bottled water as a Hilton member.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Chris B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time during your stay with us. We are actual in the process of upgrading our internet to provide even faster and more reliable service than we already have. I hope the next time you visit the area you will choose to stay with us again. If there is anything that I can do to be of assistance in the future, please let me know.
Birmingham, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

A nice hotel in a good location, but the low flow water fixtures in the bathroom and shower are a terrible inconvenience. Go to another hotel with better facilities. I could go on and on about the lack of water pressure. It was terrible. It made what should have been a good business stay, one that I regret. I will not book another stay in this hotel. i will stay in a hotel in which I can rinse the shampoo form my hair. I will stay in a hotel that provides enough water pressure to wet my tooth brush. I prefer a hotel with enough water flow to enable me to wash my hands.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry to see that our steps to control waste resulted in such a hassle for you. We strive to reduce our enviromental impact, but not at the satisfaction of our guests. I would love to talk to you more about your stay, and what we can do to remedy the issues you faced. Please contact me at the hotel whenever you have the time. Thank you again for staying with us, and for taking the time to let us know about your experience.
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

clean friendly would stay there again, very clean rooms and quiet, appreciated the Kureg coffee maker, I travel with my own K-cups, friendly staff, great location, ample parking and if you stay over weekend outstanding Farmers market right next door.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time during your stay with us. We really do love our new Kuerings that are in every room. I hope the next time you visit the area you will choose to stay with us again. If there is anything that I can do to be of assistance in the future, please let me know.
arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed one night for a wedding. Great hotel all around. Loved the room, the breakfast and the keurig and kcups in the rooms. We only stay in Hiltons and highly recommend this one! Will stay here again if we return to Springfield.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time during your stay with us. Congratulations, and thank you for choosing to stay with us on your wedding night. I hope the next time you visit the area you will choose to stay with us again. If there is anything that I can do to be of assistance in the future, please let me know.
Naperville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

its a god hotel to stay, I was at the hotel for eight months and the staff is very good. I think the hotel should have a better mattress, especially for those of us of supper lower back problem. other than the above comments, the hotel is a good place to stay

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Chris B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time during your stay with us. Our beds do tend to be on the firm side, even on the softest setting. To help soften the bed, for those who need it, we have pillow top mattress toppers that can be put on the beds if they are to firm. I hope the next time you visit the area you will choose to stay with us again. If there is anything that I can do to be of assistance in the future, please let me know.
Stockton, MO, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

The staff went above and beyond our expectations to provide us with a pleasurable experience. The lobby, hallways and rooms were well-decorated and very clean. I appreciated the ability to adjust the firmness of the mattress.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Chris B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time during your recent stay with us. Our beds are unique to Hilton Garden Inn hotels, and get mixed reviews. I'm glad to see that they provided you with a great night's sleep. I hope the next time you visit the area you will choose to stay with us again. If there is anything else that I can do to be of assistance, please let me know.