“2 out of 2 rooms had a "moldy" smell”

Hilton Garden Inn Springfield
Ranked #8 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 11 July 2014

The price was high for what we were given especially considering that we were slapped in the face, twice, with rooms that had an odor. We cancelled our stay and checked in at a LaQuinta for $70 less per night without a considerable loss in quality. We expected more from the Hilton brand.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Brandi K
Chris B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry to see that you had such a poor experience during the time you were here. We are, of course, inspecting those rooms to see what might have caused them to have the problem you mentioned. I would love to speak with you a bit about your experience so we can make sure it is addressed properly.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

A mere 50 yard walk to the premier Farmer's market of the Ozarks, this HGI is the bar for other hotels in this area. Experienced, stable staff means you feel Welcome every time. Easy access from I-44, 65, 360. The nature center is a jewel for the novice walker or experienced trail boss.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time during your stay with us. The Nature Center is an amazing place to go visit, and it is only about a mile down the road from our front doors. You should see it in the spring when all of the Dogwood trees are in full bloom. I hope the next time you visit the area you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Situation: I moved my family (wife and three small children, to include an infant, and pet cat) from Ft. Lewis, WA, to Ft. Benning, GA. I stayed at 10 hotels during this move, looking for a pet-friendly suite w/kitchenette and a separate bedroom whenever possible.

Pros: Mattress, room cleanliness, room size, décor/construction of the hotel
Cons: Showers, room lighting, value, "green" friendly policies that put guests second.

Out of all the hotels we stayed at, this was the most expensive per night, and had the least free amenities. Many of the less expensive hotels we stayed at offered free washers/dryers and breakfast, this one did not. They were quick to point out their environmentally-friendly policies, apparently to explain why you needed to pay through the nose while also sacrificing your comfort for the evening to save the planet (see below).

The mattress was firm (which I like) and was the best of the trip and the highlight of this stay. I believe it was memory foam or similar. The pool was indoor and average, and had the cloudiest water of the pools we used during the trip. The décor and construction, esp. of the lobby area, was beautiful, but you're paying for it, trust me.

The showerheads and sink worked poorly (less water, but it takes longer to get clean or fill a glass). When I first entered the room and turned on the ceiling light, it was as though I had only lit a candle. The toilets seemed to be the only 'green' fixtures that still worked at the level of 'non-green' fixtures. They certainly didn't pass their energy savings on to you the guest either, this was an expensive hotel that had no free laundry rooms or complimentary breakfast. Their numerous "hybrid vehicle" parking spaces were insulting and discriminatory. Sorry my big family full of small children, who want to bathe, defecate, and see in the dark, is unfriendly to the environment and also doesn't warrant a parking space close to the door. I didn't have the time to discuss my dislike of this hotel w/ the front desk clerk (and really, what good would it have done?), so I only mentioned my dislike of the showers to her when checking out. She replied it was to get some sort of 'green' certification. The Hilton Garden Inn can have it's certification, but they certainly won't get my business again.

Room Tip: Pick a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ryan B
Chris B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. We do take a lot of pride in our Gold LEED certification, but we sincerely do everything in our power to keep those features from impacting our guests. I would love to discuss the features you mentioned in greater detail with you. I look forward speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stopped here during our route 66 tour. Really clean and staff welcoming.
The room was a lot better than we expected, as was the managers reception where free food and wine is on offer between 5 and 7.
Laundry room available as well as lots of shops within easy reach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Liz H
Chris B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time during your stay with us. I hope you had a great time on your trip down Route 66. If you ever pass through the area again we hope you will choose to stay with us a second time.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

The Hilton Garden provided a nice oasis in south Springfield. The staff were friendly and professional and the building clean and quiet. The bed was very comfortable and the room quiet. The location was just a few minutes from shopping with two restaurants within walking distance. Nice pool, though I didn't use it. In-room internet was good as was the food pantry just off the lobby. All in all a very nice home away from home.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Chris B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time during your stay with us. I hope the next time you visit the area you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel is new but is nothing special. For the money I would not stay, $179. There is no continental breakfast. For that price the made to order breakfast should be included. The hotel is very noisey, doors are loud and you can hear people above you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Kenneth G
Chris B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry to see that we failed to meet your expectations. I would love to talk to you about your experience and some options that include breakfast in the room rate. Please feel free to contact me when you have a little bit of time. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed in a suite that had a King-size bed and full bathroom separated by a door from a living room (pull-out sofa) and half bath. The full bath was completely accessible to our son who uses a wheelchair. Probably the best we've seen. The hotel is very nice and the staff goes out of their way to make your stay comfortable. My husband stays there probably 3-6 nights a month on business and I've stayed there twice before and we've always been impressed. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Hilton has a pretty good rewards program if you find yourself staying often. Not just from an earni...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Chris B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm happy to see that you had a great time during your stay. Our Accessible King Suites are huge, and the bathrooms are designed to be easy and convinent to use. I hope the next time you visit the area you will choose to stay with us again.