“No toothbrushes for travelers with lost luggage!”

Courtyard Springfield Airport
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Eureka, California
“No toothbrushes for travelers with lost luggage!”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We arrived Sat., Sept 29 with lost luggage and while the staff offered us toothpaste and mouthwash and were very solicitous, they could not provide us with toothbrushes at 11 pm. I found out later when we arrived back on Oct 7 that they had been out for 2 weeks. So although the hotel offered excellent accommodations, great food in the bistro, wonderful staff, there was this one flaw. I would definitely stay there again when we visit Branson but I will make sure my toiletries are complete in my carry on bag.

Room Tip: This was very close to airport and had complimentary shuttle.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Nomad453
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Nomad 453,

I appreciate your review of our hotel during your recent stay to Springfield. I also apologize that we did not have a toothbrush to get you through your stay. We clearly overlooked the toothbrush shortage when we inventoried our "forget something supplies". I assure you it is our standard is to always have these items on hand for our guests. Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our Staff, Hotel, and Services. I hope you will stay again soon.

Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 2 October 2012 via mobile

Arrived at the property at 10 pm at the same time a team bus arrived and the check-in was seamless. The front desk was quick and professional which is something I rarely see in most American hotels.
The lobby was clean and very modern and the cafe had a nice selection of food and drinks.
My room on the second floor was very clean. Everything worked as advertised. The WIFI was a bit slow but can't complain since it's free. The hotel was also very quiet which was nice.
Overall, this property is a great choice to stay at when in the Springfield area.

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank GlenJMart
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, 9 October 2012
We would love for you to stay with us again! Thank you for your kind remarks regarding our staff, products, and services. We are proud to be a hotel that can provide an excellent stay for our guests.

Pensacola, Florida, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Stayed here 9/16/2012-9/19/2012. First room we went into had a bad odor. Rooms are none smoking smelt like someone didn't follow the rules. Staff provided us with a larger king suite. This room was ok, very outdated, air conditioner in living area did not work and tub did not drain. They made lots of improvements to the Lobby and added the Bistro...but all rooms need a facelift. 80's dated. Staff was very friendly and helpful especially a young man named Josh. Love staying at Courtyards but would not return to this one.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ray H
Ray H,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard Springfield Airport. I wish you would have had a better experience at our hotel. It is true, we are fully a nonsmoking hotel and committed to providing a clean and fresh room regardless of the previous occupant. We are also planning a rooms remodel now with all of the design elements and products selected. We look forward to having rooms completed this time next year. Please contact us when you are in the area again and we will see if we have the new modern product to show you.

I have taken an opportunity to commend Josh on the service he provided you. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

This is a big, new looking hotel. Typical Courtyard, away from the action. Rooms are fine, Bistro has great food, but not open for lunch. We plugged in an adapter, and immediately blew a fuse. But it was fixed right away. Beds not quite as comfortable as most Courtyards. Good place to stay, particularly if you like to hang out in the lobby and have a drink.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Swl781
Thank you for your feedback regarding the Courtyard Springfield Airport. I am happy to hear we were responsive to your needs. We strive to provide an environment that you can relax or work in. I hope your will visit next time you are in the area.

Combined Locks, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I took a recent business trip and stayed here for 3 nights. Everything is as you'd expect from a Marriot Courtyard but my stay seemed much better due to the friendly and helpful staff. It's probably more the norm for that part of our country but I appreciate it nonetheless. Good folks.

A couple minor downsides. Although I checked in on a Sunday night I still couldn't get a room on the first floor or with a balcony. The place didn't seem that packed but maybe it was. The pool was too small to do any good but the exercise room and the hot tub were nice. I'll likely have more stays coming up with my new job. I'll let you know if my first stay was indicative of their normal service.

Room Tip: I couldn't get a good room so I'm not qualified to give advice.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Joe J
Joe J,

Thank you for your kind remarks regarding your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and appreciate the positive feedback. Please let me know the next time you will be traveling to Springfield so that I may pre-select your room to best meet all of your preferences. We have several balconies and views that we can select from. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Springfield Airport.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed here for a wedding and I must say it was more then I expected. Everyone was very friendly even coming to talk to us as we waited in the lobby. The rooms are very nice though we didn't really stay in them except to sleep. The pool was very nice and always stocked with towels. We all enjoyed the fire pit in the courtyard part it was great on the colder nights. If we ever have to visit our family again in Springfield we will definatly stay here!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank cupcakekisses
CourtyardSGF, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, 17 October 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us! Many guests enjoy our friendly atmosphere in the lobby and the fire pit in the courtyard is a great attraction on those chilly nights. See you next time you are in town to visit family!

Sincerely, Kyle Kemp, Guest Services Manager
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I have stayed in many Courtyards, and this has probably got to be the best one. I stayed in the 2 room, 2 dbl bed suite. The room was clean, no odors, bright, updated, fresh, and several great accents and features.

The lobby, breakfast area, coffee bar, and lounge were excellent. Updated, wifi ready, and simply a great experience.

We used the pool, which was great. The staff was great too. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Rich N
I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was better than what you had anticipated. It also makes us very proud that this is the best one that you have stayed in. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Sincerely, Kyle Kemp, Guest Services Manager