“bad hotel of hearing impaired people”

Courtyard Springfield Airport
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“bad hotel of hearing impaired people”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We checked in and the tv would not go any higher than 48 on the volume control where as i wear hearing aid i turned them all the way up and could not hear the shows on tv asked the front desk about increasing the volume on the tv and they said that they could not do that. Also asked about Free breakfast and they said that they do not offer that and a bottle of water in the room was $4.00 each we just went to the store and brought our own.
Also I could of stayed at the Drury Inn and gotten better service on the TV also we would have gotten free Breakfast and dinner for staying there next month when we go back to springfield. WE Will never stay at a marriott hotel ever again!!! Also on the TV hearing problem I went to another motel in town the Drury Inn and they let me try there TV and I could hear it just fine at a 40 volume so I think they have the volume set lower than it says on the TV.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel chain not here
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jr L
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Jr L: I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I wish our televisions were more accommodating. We have developed a room package that does include breakfast for those travelers that wish for it to be inclusive if this may be helpful in the future. I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your visit to Springfield. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My daughter and I stopped at the Springfield Airport Marriott for one night since this is about halfway between the Chicago area and Dallas to where I'm relocating. I paid for the two rooms with points. We arrived later than we'd thought but everything was arranged. The Check-In process was very efficient, the Front Desk personnel were very friendly and explained everything about the hotel and its surroundings. We needed and got a late check-out the next day and again, the staff was very thoughtful and courteous. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the Springfield Missouri area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank George H
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
George H: Thank you for sharing your positive experiences at our hotel. I am so proud that we were able to give you and your daughter exceptional service. I hope you will stay again if traveling through this area. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Bucyrus, Ohio
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I had a room with a single queen. Very nice room. Nice placement of furniture. Updated TV. The hotel is busy but I didn't feel like number. The desk had plenty of outlets. It was clean and well kept. The bedding was crisp and clean, very comfortable.

Room Tip: Book your room well in advance. This place is busy and difficult to extend a stay.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank ldnj2
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your review. This is terrific news that you enjoyed your stay. We truly want each and every Guest to have an enjoyable, relaxing, and productive stay. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Upon arriving was told I didn't have a reservation and the hotel was sold out. Went to my car, got my computer, pulled up my confirmation, and it turns out I did have a reservation.

Went to room and it reeked of smoke. Went back to front desk and requested a change. Was told again the hotel was sold out and he couldn't do anything. I pushed back and said that's unacceptable and to call the GM if that's what it takes. He found a new room.

Unfortunately that room also smelled of smoke and was dingy but it was so much better than the first one that we kept it.

I've stayed at many courtyards over the years. Don't recall ever having to push so hard for reasonable service. The front-desk clerk really does make a difference in the quality of the stay.

Hotel is clean and location is about 10 minutes from airport. If the front desk service had been up to par and the 2nd room truly smoke-free would have had no complaints. But that's a lot of ifs...

Room Tip: They emphasize it's a smoke-free hotel so they're clearly aware of the problem with smokers...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank WaltG677
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I am happy that you found our facility met your needs. However, I wish you had a more hospitable experience with the Front Desk. I will be following up with that team. If you have any additional information you can contact me directly 417-869-6700. We value your opinion and appreciate that you chose the Courtyard. I hope that you will give us another opportunity on a future trip. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Wentzville, Missouri
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We are Marriott people and try to stay in Marriott whenever possible. The rate for this hotel is very reasonable. Only one other Marriott hotel in Springfield at the moment. Quaint hotel, but smaller rooms, I think. Very clean though! Very nice outdoor sitting area, but pool is very small. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rostman
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel. It is kind of you to share your comments of an enjoyable stay with other travelers. I hope you will have the opportunity to stay again. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Diamondhead, Mississippi
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Although I normally stay at the Marriott Residence Inn in South Springfield, on this trip it was more convenient to stay at the Courtyard near the airport. The check in clerks seemed inexperienced and made mistakes in room assignments. We asked for two beds in the room as our grandchildren were with us, but we were given one bed with a sofa bed. An elderly relative was initially assigned to a room that had no yet been cleaned. The staff seemed neither unfriendly nor friendly, and just seemed distant. The rooms were cleaned well each day and the public areas are attractive. The pool was clean with ample towels although the water seemed rather cold for a heated indoor pool.

I guess you could say the "deal killer" for us staying here again with our grandchildren was the prepaid breakfast. First you need a breakfast certificate which we paid for as part of our room rate. With the breakfast certificate you are allowed either two cold choices such as oatmeal and bread or one hot choice. I realize that people do tend to overeat, however, having to pay extra for a three year old child who had only one egg without toast and a small cup of oatmeal was annoying. The children's menu was also extremely limited. My l0 year old granddaughter ordered one item, a breakfast sandwich, and as it was not on the children's menu, we were charged for this. They did not have my drink of choice, hot chocolate. I was given only one pat of butter for my toast. I assume this service is contracted out by Marriott and the contractor is interested in making maxium profit. Since this appears to be an overnight airport hotel, most people would not consider this a problem. If you are in the area for a few days, however, there are many better options in the area. Sorry Marriott, I am a frequent visitor to your hotels and have earned free nights, however, this hotel will not be a repeat visit for our family.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Mississippi
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
I regret you did not enjoy your stay fully. I wish we would have modified the children's breakfast to better suit the needs of the child. I will be also sharing your comments with our staff to see if they can find better ways to be interactive. I am happy that you found our facilities clean and well stocked. We pride ourselves with excellence in this area and find that our guests recognize this. Thank you for your feedback. I hope you will stay with Courtyard again if given the opportunity. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 28 May 2014

There are fifty different motel chains in Springfield, MO., but the Marriott Coutyard on the West Bypass and highway 44 is really the best in the area.
All of the rest are all bunched up on the main drags of the city, and this one is all alone in a low traffic area.
The room was up to the standards set by the Marriott chain, the desk clerks, and food service personell were outstanding.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Arturo4
Thank you so much for your review. We love our little nook here in Springfield and are happy you did too. It is quieter, yet easy access to everything. I will share your comments with our staff. We pride ourselves in excellence and are grateful for your feedback. Happy Traveling, Shelley Copeland, GM