“Courtyard”

Courtyard Springfield Airport
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We recently spent two nights at the airport Courtyard. I am an extremely light sleeper and they were so accommodating, Amanda put us on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet. When we arrived it was very warm out and the room was hot. But after 15 min. with the air on High- the room cooled off fine.

I had a problem with my online reservation and I called and Brian helped me with it. We had breakfast two days in the restaurant and the food was wonderful.
The staff was very friendly at the front desk and the restaurant.

The only negative thing I can say is that the air conditioner is loud when it cycles on and off. We stay at Courtyards a lot and some of them have gone to a central air type with a thermostat on the wall and it is very quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor in the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Reeny104
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Reeny104:

I will recognize Bryan and Amanda with a "STAR" for creating a pleasant experience for you. We are always so pleased to hear from our Guests that have excellent stays. Thank you for sharing your experience with others. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Springfield Airport

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Spent three nights at the Courtyard Springfield, overall a very nice stay. Easy to find off I-44, front staff were very friendly. Room was typical Courtyard with a microwave and small refrigerator, nice touches. Front staff provided a printout with directions to local restaurants with was a big help. The lobby has a Bistro that provides Starbuck coffee and hot dishes for breakfast if interested. VERY small fitness center, two machines and some free weights. Small indoor pool. The only downside was problems linking up with the wireless internet, both laptop and iPad never did link with the Guest wireless, but was able to link with the lobby or conference wireless with lower connectivity. Front desk no help with this problem. Other than that I would recommend staying here when in Springfield.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank terryw604

Terry W:

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and your guest room. I wish the internet had been better for you. Ironically, our internet generally ranks very high (#1 last week) with the Marriott Guest Surveys. I apologize we were not able to better diagnose the problem for you with our internet help desk. We look forward to seeing you next trip! Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM

Reviewed 13 July 2014

On the surface, this is a very nice property on the outskirts of Springfield, MO (my first visit there). Like many Courtyards, the lobby has been updated to include the Bistro - so the initial impression of the hotel is a positive one. We arrived a day earlier than our reservation and were apparently lucky to receive a room on Tuesday night, as this is their most busy night of the week. As such, we received hearing impaired rooms. Upon entry, my room had an odd smell and was extremely humid. Sheets felt moist to the touch. The sink and shower drains were backed up. My bed was not very supportive - lower back pain throughout the night. The WiFi was very spotty throughout the trip - Netflix streaming quality was poor and often interrupted. With all of that said, the staff was fairly friendly throughout our stay. My only complaint occurred while doing laundry. Apparently the washer's quarter machine filled up so it would no longer accept quarters (after I inserted $2 in quarters for a load). I phoned the front desk and they said they would be right up. After waiting for 20 minutes, I walked to the front desk and the gentleman with whom I spoke indicated he was waiting for the only person who has a key to the quarter machines to call him back. Great - would have been nice for him to let me know... but whatever. He offered to have my clothes washed by the staff, but I didn't feel comfortable with it - but he never offered to refund my $2, and just said sorry. All in all, I was disappointed with this Courtyard and would not return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Doug C
CourtyardSGF, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies that your stay was disappointing due to some of the experiences you had while at our property. I have addressed the issues with the appropriate department managers to make sure each room is Guest ready prior to checking anyone into the room, and to also make sure our Guest Laundry services are being maintained as well. I am glad that we were able to get you in a day earlier than your reservation on a busy evening for us.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was at this location July 8th, 2014. I have stayed here once before but I have never seen a nicer housekeeper in any of the Times I have been at any location. I think her name was Brittany. She was on her lunch break but still showed me where the ice and vending machines were. It was nice to have someine ask me how my day was and to help me find something instead of just pointing. I saw her again while she was leaving and once again She told me to have a good day. I will go back to this property just for this reason. Please tell her thank you.

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank johndoe0110
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Oh my goodness, Brittany is so excited she made your day. She is pretty new at our Hotel and is already leading with such good example. Thank you so much for your kind comments. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Yup, and the A/C was not on. It was over 100 degrees in that room. We called the front desk, and they informed us that it was their policy not to run A/C in rooms that are not occupied. They offered a room change, but said they would all be hot. We turned it on high, and left for almost 2 hours. That only brought it down to mid eighties, and it wasn't cooling down any more. And, to make it worse, the heat brought out all the smells in that room. I can't say if it was smoke, or cleaners, but it was awful. We asked for some air freshener, and they said it would not help. They finally figured out that this room was not going to cool down and moved us to a south facing room. That room did cool down, but messed up our plans for the evening. We had planned to get a short rest, and then go for dinner. Not gonna happen in that heat. Amenities wise, this is a nice property. If I had checked into a room that had the A/C on at a level you would expect, I could easily rate this stay at 4-5 stars. But a 100 degree room? 1 Star for you.

Room Tip: Don't allow them to give you a room on the West side in June.
3  Thank RickyLee
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

RickyLee: I wish you would have had a better experience at our hotel. We always keep our rooms at a neutral temperature based on exterior temperature, so we should have been alerted when your room was too warm at check-in. Please accept my apologies. I appreciate that the remainder of your stay would have rated 4-5 if we had not had the delay on getting your room cooled. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Nice hotel, clean room with new furniture. Close to highway but still very quiet inside. You can sleep well. They have a good kitchen in the hotel. I stayed here for one night while driving to Dallas from Chicago. It's half way between the two cities. Staff is friendly too. This can be a good choice in Springfield, MO.

3  Thank Rock_Chicago28
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Rock_Chicago 28: I am so pleased you had a nice and restful stay. Our microwaves and refrigerators are new additions. I am glad you found them useful. The staff will be really excited you had good remarks about them too. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We checked in and the tv would not go any higher than 48 on the volume control where as i wear hearing aid i turned them all the way up and could not hear the shows on tv asked the front desk about increasing the volume on the tv and they said that they could not do that. Also asked about Free breakfast and they said that they do not offer that and a bottle of water in the room was $4.00 each we just went to the store and brought our own.
Also I could of stayed at the Drury Inn and gotten better service on the TV also we would have gotten free Breakfast and dinner for staying there next month when we go back to springfield. WE Will never stay at a marriott hotel ever again!!! Also on the TV hearing problem I went to another motel in town the Drury Inn and they let me try there TV and I could hear it just fine at a 40 volume so I think they have the volume set lower than it says on the TV.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel chain not here
4  Thank jr L

Jr L: I am so sorry you did not enjoy your stay. I wish our televisions were more accommodating. We have developed a room package that does include breakfast for those travelers that wish for it to be inclusive if this may be helpful in the future. I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your visit to Springfield. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, General Manager.