“Good hotel for a visit to Springfield”

Courtyard Springfield Airport
Ranked #28 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
GreenLeadersBronze level
Central Florida, Florida
“Good hotel for a visit to Springfield”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Here with wife on a semi-business trip. Rooms are nice and service and front desk are good,
Only criticism are the food at the Bistro which is not very good and the A/C system. The A/C system uses one of the standard motel A/Cs. They are quite noisy and provide cooling that is barely adequate. Bad thing is the layout -- the AC blows to your back if you are working by the desk.

Otherwise good stay...

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the quite floor -- you can hear foot step of guests above you.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Radarman123
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Radarman123: Thank you for your review and travel tips. I am happy you enjoyed much of your stay and our staff. We value your comments. Please stay again! Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Hot Springs
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was awakened to my legs itching terribly! I awoke to find several "bites" on my legs. And i do mean SEVERAL! They were similar to mosquito bites. I did not spend a lot of time outside that evening, and had not walked through any grassy areas (so I don't think it was mosquitoes / chiggers). My legs did not itch prior to going to bed and there were no bites on them at the time. I have an opinion as to what caused the bites, but I do not have any definitive proof. With that aside, the rest of my stay was very good. The room was clean, the staff friendly, and the price was reasonable! I did mention my "bites" to the desk clerk upon check-out, and offered my theory as to what I thought caused them. She apologized, and said she would have someone check in to it. But it seemed more like a canned or routine response to me.

Room Tip: My room was on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Mike W
Hello Mike W! I wish you would have had a better trip to Springfield. I wanted to send a quick response to you regarding your stay. I wanted to assure you that we take all Guest reports such as yours very seriously. Our facilities manager completed stripped down the guest room that you stayed in and did not find anything. We also have a service that monitors our hotel, guarantees against pests, and responds immediately if we have any concerns. I really wanted you to know that we have procedures in place to protect our Guests and hotel so that you could feel confident in returning. I hope you will! I apologize that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed the rest of your stay. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Ogden
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed 4 nights last week at this hotel and was pretty surprised about the price $119 a night.. The room was nice and clean and the fire pit was nice outside. We were surprised though when one of our friends came and stayed for one night and it was $99 for no breakfast or $104 with breakfast. We asked why we didn't get those same options and they said $119 was the long term rates.. Shouldn't it be cheaper if we are staying longer? We tried to talk to the girl at the front desk about it and she basically waved us off. If you are looking for a nice room with no breakfast and want to spend a lot of money I would recommend it. But other then that I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Jessielakota
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Jessielakota: I apologize that the rate structure was not better explained to you. The weekend rates that your friend received are not available on weekdays. The long term stay rate you received is a discounted average for your stay. I am not sure which days you stayed, but generally the long term stay rate is a better discount than staying at regular rates at during the high demand weekday rates and moving to the weekend discount for one or two days. I hope this clears this up a bit. Please give us a call if you have another opportunity to travel to Springfield so that we can explore all rate options to see which benefits you the best. I am happy that you had an otherwise pleasant stay with us. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Pawnee, Oklahoma
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I was there this weekend for a couple of nights with my hubby and used our free rewards nights and I was really impressed! Very nice hotel, spacious room, and clean. Our room even had a balcony. The only reason I didn't rate it excellent is because it didn't have a free breakfast like most of the places we stay at. They had a bistro that served breakfast and dinner but we never tried it out. Had a little market where you could buy stuff you forgot and snacks, etc but the prices were outrageous. Location was good right off I-44 but far enough away you don't get traffic noise. We would stay here again. I'm not sure about prices though because we used our free nights.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Amy H
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Chamberchick: We are so happy that you really liked your stay. Thank you for sharing with other travelers. I hope you get to stay again! Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We recently spent two nights at the airport Courtyard. I am an extremely light sleeper and they were so accommodating, Amanda put us on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet. When we arrived it was very warm out and the room was hot. But after 15 min. with the air on High- the room cooled off fine.

I had a problem with my online reservation and I called and Brian helped me with it. We had breakfast two days in the restaurant and the food was wonderful.
The staff was very friendly at the front desk and the restaurant.

The only negative thing I can say is that the air conditioner is loud when it cycles on and off. We stay at Courtyards a lot and some of them have gone to a central air type with a thermostat on the wall and it is very quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for the 3rd floor in the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Reeny104
CourtyardSGF, General Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Reeny104:

I will recognize Bryan and Amanda with a "STAR" for creating a pleasant experience for you. We are always so pleased to hear from our Guests that have excellent stays. Thank you for sharing your experience with others. Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Peoria, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Spent three nights at the Courtyard Springfield, overall a very nice stay. Easy to find off I-44, front staff were very friendly. Room was typical Courtyard with a microwave and small refrigerator, nice touches. Front staff provided a printout with directions to local restaurants with was a big help. The lobby has a Bistro that provides Starbuck coffee and hot dishes for breakfast if interested. VERY small fitness center, two machines and some free weights. Small indoor pool. The only downside was problems linking up with the wireless internet, both laptop and iPad never did link with the Guest wireless, but was able to link with the lobby or conference wireless with lower connectivity. Front desk no help with this problem. Other than that I would recommend staying here when in Springfield.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank terryw604
Terry W:

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and your guest room. I wish the internet had been better for you. Ironically, our internet generally ranks very high (#1 last week) with the Marriott Guest Surveys. I apologize we were not able to better diagnose the problem for you with our internet help desk. We look forward to seeing you next trip! Sincerely, Shelley Copeland, GM
Havre de Grace, Maryland
Reviewed 13 July 2014

On the surface, this is a very nice property on the outskirts of Springfield, MO (my first visit there). Like many Courtyards, the lobby has been updated to include the Bistro - so the initial impression of the hotel is a positive one. We arrived a day earlier than our reservation and were apparently lucky to receive a room on Tuesday night, as this is their most busy night of the week. As such, we received hearing impaired rooms. Upon entry, my room had an odd smell and was extremely humid. Sheets felt moist to the touch. The sink and shower drains were backed up. My bed was not very supportive - lower back pain throughout the night. The WiFi was very spotty throughout the trip - Netflix streaming quality was poor and often interrupted. With all of that said, the staff was fairly friendly throughout our stay. My only complaint occurred while doing laundry. Apparently the washer's quarter machine filled up so it would no longer accept quarters (after I inserted $2 in quarters for a load). I phoned the front desk and they said they would be right up. After waiting for 20 minutes, I walked to the front desk and the gentleman with whom I spoke indicated he was waiting for the only person who has a key to the quarter machines to call him back. Great - would have been nice for him to let me know... but whatever. He offered to have my clothes washed by the staff, but I didn't feel comfortable with it - but he never offered to refund my $2, and just said sorry. All in all, I was disappointed with this Courtyard and would not return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Doug C
CourtyardSGF, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Springfield Airport, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. Please accept our apologies that your stay was disappointing due to some of the experiences you had while at our property. I have addressed the issues with the appropriate department managers to make sure each room is Guest ready prior to checking anyone into the room, and to also make sure our Guest Laundry services are being maintained as well. I am glad that we were able to get you in a day earlier than your reservation on a busy evening for us.