“Average Compared with Other Hotels of This Type”

Residence Inn Springfield
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Springfield
Reviewed 20 June 2011

This was a fairly typical Residence Inn, but there were a number of small things that turned us off on the place. On the plus side, my kids loved the handful of candies in the room that was left by housekeeping. But the carpet turned our feet black and the ice maker never made any ice even after we turned it on (there was no ice machine on the floor that we could find). We were way at the back of the hotel on the other side of the pool area from the lobby. We were told to pull around the back to park. But I realized after I got the luggage cart that there was no ramp to the sidewalk by the car. I had to push the luggage cart up a grass embankment to get to the door, gashing my foot in the process. Also, as I was loading the cart, I was approached in the parking lot in broad daylight and hit up for some money by some guy who said he needed 10 gallons of gas to get home. There were no snacks in the lobby area and the place seemed to be devoid of trash cans (there were a few, of course, but not many, as if they really wished you would just take your trash with you). We were traveling up I44 and actually went out of our way by about 10 miles to stay here based on reviews on tripadvisor, but it wasn't worth it. We like the Residence Inn Joplin much better.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank DallasDad
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations like we have so many other guests. We prise ourselves on being one of the top Residence Inns in the world. Our thorough deep cleaning program normally prevents any of the issues you experienced from happening. I assure you this is not the norm here. I hope that you will find your way here again in the near future and give us another chance to show you what we have to offer. Please contact me personally upon you next trip to Springfield and I will personally ensure your next visit is back up to our very high expectations.

Reviewed 9 June 2011

Completely changed our impression of an "extended stay" hotel. Charming exterior. Large, elegant looking lobby, beautiful room etc etc. All the good things the other reviewers said! I was especially impressed with the design and layout of the room because the sofa sleeper and arrangement of the desk allowed you to enjoy the view from the balcony. For us, this was just an overnight stop on the way to Branson. Too bad we didn't get to stay longer!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank pjb63040
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Thank you so much for the wonderful words of praise! We re so pleased that you enjoyed your one night here in Springfield. We hope you can come and stay longer next time. Hopefully you had a chance to experience our new courtyard area with the new fire pit and grilling area! If not, maybe next time. We hope you had a great time in Branson as well.

Reviewed 23 May 2011

From the friendly greeting on arrival, to the spotlessly clean environment, meticulously groomed grounds and delicious complementary breakfast, Residence Inn Springfield is outstanding. We asked for a quiet room, and the fourth floor room overlooking the courtyard was not only quiet, but as clean as we could have imagined. The Residence Inn Springfield was clean everywhere- elevators, hallways, bathrooms, breakfast area. Bed was comfortable, climate control worked perfectly, two flat screens televisions with numerous channels, many breakfast choices. The inn's neighborhood appears very safe and the parking area is well-lit. We walked around a bit and chose one of many restaurants and fast food outlets in the immediate area. Marriott Corp. should be very pleased with the operation of Residence Inn Springfield. My wife and I certainly were.

Room Tip: 4th floor courtyard view room was QUIET.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BowTied
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2011

Thank you so, so much for those extremely kind words or praise. We are overjoyed when we know that our guests have experienced a wonderful stay. Our team takes great pride in providing exceptional service. Please know that you make it all worth while. I hope that we see you again in the very near future!

Reviewed 19 February 2011

We were on our way to Las Vegas for fun with our friends when the weather service warned rain/sleet/ice/snow storm right along our travel route, so we started out a 1/2 day early trying to get ahead of the storm. We were able to book a one-bedroom 2 queen room with no trouble on points in less than 24 hours. The room was quite nice and certainly up to Residence Inn standards. Checking in was a breeze and we were directed to a side door for easier access to our room. Breakfast the next morning was ready before the official start which meant a lot to us as we wanted to continue to "get ahead of the storm'. Check out again was a breeze thanking us for our stay and making certain we had everything we needed.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HalleGrace
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2011

Thank you so much for the nice review and I am happy that all went well for your short visit to Springfield. Hopefully we will see you again in the near future when you can stay a bit longer and enjoy all that we have to offer!

Reviewed 12 February 2011

I had never used Residence Inn and was pleased with my stay. The room was like a little apartment and seemed very convenient for families and corporate travelers.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sonofposeidon

I am so please that you had an enjoyable visit to Springfield. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay and hopefully you will allow us to serve you each time you visit Springfield!

Reviewed 31 January 2011

Nice hotel, easy to find, large, quiet, nicely decorated. Bed was clean and comfortable, so was the sofabed my 3 yr old slept on. We were on the 4th floor, end room of the main building. We had a King suite. The second building is closer to the interstate and probably does have a little more road noise. Our room was pretty clean, except the floor seemed to be making our socks kind of dirty. Noted this on our survey card and turned in to the management. Did see maintenance doing some patchwork and painting on a couple of scuffed walls in the common areas - glad to see they are trying to take care of the place.

Breakfast was great, my daughter loved her waffle, my husband said the sausage links were awesome. Good variety of things to eat, even for someone watching their calories.

Workout facility was nice, machines were clean. A stray towel and cup were left laying around, assume that was done recently by a guest since the rest of the room looked clean.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank aclboard
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2011

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments! I am so glad that you noticed and appreciate that we have completely renovated our hotel! I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed our full, hot, buffet Breakfast as well. We do appreciate you and your family staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the very near future.

Reviewed 31 December 2010

We stayed here over Christmas with our 3 college age boys, and the 2 bedroom suite we were in was fantastic! The sitting room between the 2 bedrooms was big and had a sleeper sofa, as well as a fireplace! The kitchen area had a full size refrigerator, microwave, cabinets with dishes, dishwasher and full size coffee maker, as well as a table and chairs. Beds are comfortable with plenty of pillows and the bathrooms are large.
The front reception area is large and open, and the atrium/dining area for breakfast is open 2 story and very inviting, with another fireplace! We'll definitely be back, when visiting family again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank stork90

All I can say is WOW!
Thank you for the very kind words of praise. My team and I are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again in the future, but under more happy circumstances. It means a lot to us when we succeed in making your stay wonderful.