“Wedding reception of our dreams!”

Residence Inn Springfield
Ranked #16 of 49 Hotels in Springfield
san antonio
“Wedding reception of our dreams!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

Our wedding party enjoyed the Residence Inn immensely! Not only was our suite large enough for my whole family, we were able to save money during our stay with the full kitchens. We also rented one of the meeting rooms off the lobby for the reception which was quite convenient. The catering staff had everything set up perfectly. The pork loin was delightful and the slide show was a huge hit! We did not have to worry about packing up the LCD projector either. They had one for us to rent. It was headache free. Thank you Residence Inn! I wish we could have stayed longer

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank thines10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

I was worried when I turned off the elevator and my room was steps from the elevator door entrance. I was pleasantly surprised that the noise level was minimal. This is a perfect place to stay for business. Wireless internet worked great and there were mutliple places to sit and relax within the room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank 30somethingfemale
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 4 August 2011
Thank you!
I am so glad that you found we are not just perfect for Extended Stay guests but also a perfect fit for our Corporate Guests as well. I am pleased that you enjoyed our recently upgraded complimentary high speed internet. We hope you see again in the very near future! Be sure to remember us for your Conference, Catering, and Meeting needs as well.

St. Louis, MO
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Business or pleasure, this is the first hotel I check for when passing through the Missouri Ozarks. Springfield has so many good restaurants that we like to stay here on the way to Branson so we can dine at Ocean Zen, Flame or one of our other favorites. The Residence Inn is typical Marriott--comfortable, clean and good service--with a full kitchen, small deck and outdoor furniture and nice work areas.

Room Tip: A third or fourth floor room will definitely be quieter than the first level.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RickNStl
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 1 August 2011
Wow!
Thank you so much for the nice review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed all that our hotel has to provide. I can always tell that our full buffet breakfast is such an important part of our guest's enjoyment. Also, during this hot summer, the pool has been quite the refreshing break. We hope to see you again soon and we hope you enjoy the rest of the summer!

Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

This hotel is located on the South side of Springfield in a commercial area near the medical mile. It is a new facility. The front desk staff was polite and pleasant. The room was clean. We had a room with two queen beds in one room with a sleeper sofa in the living room area. There was a nice kitchen area as well. The pool was nice and clean. The breakfast buffet had lots of choices including eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereal, muffins and belgian waffles among other items. Overall, it was a very good experience.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank msbellamy
Thank you so much for the very kind words,
It is so nice to know when we have succeeded in making our guests happy. Our team works hard on ensuring our hotel stays ranked at the top of all Residence Inns by Marriott by providing the best service possible. We can not wait to see you again in the very near future!

Best Regards,

Springfield, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2011

I have had one of the worst stays of my life here. It is a very pretty facility, but the staff is very rude. Then, upon checking, be sure to check the small sign to the very far right by the plant. When you provide a card for "incidentals", it will be charged on a pro-rated, computer generated amount based upon the length of your stay. For me, I was staying here for a month and a half while training for my company. I get onto my account the next day to look, and guess what? A few hundred dollars worth of "authorizations" sitting there from Residence Inn. Worse part is, it put my account into the negative. So, I can't use my account for DAYS while this authorization clears, and--once it does--I will be short $60.00 for overdraft fees. Yes, it will subtract from your general ledger amount even though they say "Your account isn't actually being charged". When speaking with Residence Inn support, she actually chuckled and told me it was my fault and they wouldn't do anything about it.

So, I'm stuck 10 hours from home and can't use my bank account because hundreds of dollars in "authorizations" are there. No money to eat, go out, not even for gas. Thanks a lot Residence Inn, next time just put a sign on my door that says you don't give a crap about me or my company.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel. There is an extended stay next door to this facility.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank danny_g28
Thank you for your comments regarding your current visit.
I am thankful that your company has continued to be a key partner with us and has continued to stay with us because of our comfortable furnishings, full hot breakfast buffet, great service, and wonderful atmosphere. I am also thankful that the contact with your valued company so graciously placed the corporate card on your account to cover your incidental expenses over your 30+ day stay. I wish you had given us a chance to remedy the situation by allowing us to contact your bank as we requested. Please know that we have not had any issue with the many other guests from your company and I am so sorry that you had issues with your debit card. I did speak with our accounting person and she apologizes if you mistook any of the conversation as a unprofessional. She may have been nervous because of the fowl lanquage being used. Please accept my sincere apologies and I do hope you enjoy the rest of your stay with us.

dallas,tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

This was a fairly typical Residence Inn, but there were a number of small things that turned us off on the place. On the plus side, my kids loved the handful of candies in the room that was left by housekeeping. But the carpet turned our feet black and the ice maker never made any ice even after we turned it on (there was no ice machine on the floor that we could find). We were way at the back of the hotel on the other side of the pool area from the lobby. We were told to pull around the back to park. But I realized after I got the luggage cart that there was no ramp to the sidewalk by the car. I had to push the luggage cart up a grass embankment to get to the door, gashing my foot in the process. Also, as I was loading the cart, I was approached in the parking lot in broad daylight and hit up for some money by some guy who said he needed 10 gallons of gas to get home. There were no snacks in the lobby area and the place seemed to be devoid of trash cans (there were a few, of course, but not many, as if they really wished you would just take your trash with you). We were traveling up I44 and actually went out of our way by about 10 miles to stay here based on reviews on tripadvisor, but it wasn't worth it. We like the Residence Inn Joplin much better.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DallasDad
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 23 June 2011
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations like we have so many other guests. We prise ourselves on being one of the top Residence Inns in the world. Our thorough deep cleaning program normally prevents any of the issues you experienced from happening. I assure you this is not the norm here. I hope that you will find your way here again in the near future and give us another chance to show you what we have to offer. Please contact me personally upon you next trip to Springfield and I will personally ensure your next visit is back up to our very high expectations.

Marc Foreman, CHA
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2011

Completely changed our impression of an "extended stay" hotel. Charming exterior. Large, elegant looking lobby, beautiful room etc etc. All the good things the other reviewers said! I was especially impressed with the design and layout of the room because the sofa sleeper and arrangement of the desk allowed you to enjoy the view from the balcony. For us, this was just an overnight stop on the way to Branson. Too bad we didn't get to stay longer!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank pjb63040
ResidenceGM1303, General Manager at Residence Inn Springfield, responded to this review, 17 June 2011
Thank you so much for the wonderful words of praise! We re so pleased that you enjoyed your one night here in Springfield. We hope you can come and stay longer next time. Hopefully you had a chance to experience our new courtyard area with the new fire pit and grilling area! If not, maybe next time. We hope you had a great time in Branson as well.

Marc Foreman, CHA